Inactive Spyfall: Games on Hiatus

Walrus

Spyfall is a hidden role game about uncovering the clueless Spy who has no idea where he is. Looking for 4-8 players. Watch the above video for the best explanation of the game. Read the rules described below for a bit more specifics on how it will be played on the forum.

The town wins if they unanimously lynch the Spy.
The Spy wins if they guess the location OR if a non-Spy is lynched

^Locations

At the start of the game, a random location will be picked and you will be sent a role. See the top image for the list of all locations in the game. One player will be the Spy.
If you are the Spy: You will not know the location. You can act however you want.
If you are Town: You will know the location AND be given a role at that location (e.g. Hospital Janitor). In everything you say in the thread, you must act like your role.

After roles are given out, the first player to post will ask a bolded question @ any other player. Usually, players will try to ask questions and give answers that are somewhat relevant to the location, but this is not strictly required.

Responding to Questions
@RECONmaster Did you know that Prince died?
I did not know this. Thank you for telling me, Walrus.

@Firedemon did YOU know that Prince died?
When somebody asks you a bolded question, you have 18 hours to respond. Your response must include the following
1) A quote of the question
2) An answer to the question
3) A bolded question directed @ another player (not the player who asked you).

If you fail to respond in 18 hours: You are eliminated from the game. This is supposed to be a fast-paced game. You should be able to respond within a few minutes of seeing the question.

Other Conversation
You can say random stuff in the thread, even if it isn't your turn to answer a question, as long as you obey these rules.
1) Don't say anything blatantly out of character (you're supposed to act like your role)
2) Don't bold questions you ask if it isn't your turn to ask a bolded question

Stuff you might want to say: "What X just said was really suspicious. You should ask Y a question. Z seems clean to me. That was a really suspicious question, W. Yargh I'm a Pirate."

Stuff you might not want to say: Any of the above because it might give away the location.

Accusations & Voting
Accuse RECONmaster
Once per game, each player may stop the game by making a bolded accusation that another player is the Spy. Players stop asking bolded questions and instead vote whether or not to lynch the accused player.

If somebody votes to Trust *accused player* - the accusation immediately stops and players resume answering bolded questions
If everyone votes to Accuse *accused player* - that player is lynched and the game ends. If that player was the Spy - Town wins! If that player wasn't the Spy - Spy wins!

Guessing the Location
I am the Spy and we are in the Space Station.
The Spy may stop the game by revealing himself and boldly guessing the location. If the Spy guesses correctly, the Spy wins! If the Spy guesses incorrectly, the Town wins!
-The possible locations are pictured in the OP.
-The Spy cannot stop the game if the game is already stopped (In other words: The Spy cannot guess in the middle of an accusation vote)

Times Up - Final Accusations

If the Spy hasn't won/lost within a week of play, the game moves on to a final 24 hour accusation phase.
-The Spy may no longer guess the location
-The town wins if all of them vote for the Spy (e.g. Lynch *Player that is the Spy*).

Will be updating the thread title as games move in and out of sign-up periods. Sign-up / Sign-out periods between games will be ~24 hours long. See the latest pages of the thread for info on who's playing.

Last edited:

Walrus

I'll keep recruitment going for 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
You must be a pretty shitty spy if you can't figure out you're on an airplane or a passenger train or in a crusader army.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Bruh, like it's worse than worse day ever material. Yeah, it's a game and it doesn't need to logic and yeah that's why the game is funny but bruh, this guy is on his way to being brain-dead or something.

Requiem

Don't judge him, he's got a gun. That's a bad thing to do to a neanderthal with a gun.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Oh? So you know this Spy personally then?

Accuse Requiem

P.S If nobody else gets in here I'm /in.

Requiem

I think it's easy to tell if someone is a Neanderthal. What with the immense back hair and what not.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Well I don't know about that, remember that this Spy can't tell where he is so making observations on that level of detail probably eludes him.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
I'd consider playing if not for the 12 hour time requirement.
Can't commit to that, have fun though guys.

Walrus

Real question here: You can only accuse once in the entire game right?
Each person can only bolded accuse once per game. You also can't do a bolded accusation in the middle of another accusation (because you can't stop the game while the game is already stopped).

If the game gets to final accusations: That's a more free form accusation/lynch discussion where you can all accuse and re-accuse as much as you want. Just need to all unanimously be accusing/lynching the Spy by the end of it in order to win.

Walrus

@Requiem If your posts in the thread are any sign of interest, you have 13 hours left to sign up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom