Chickenspleen
was the janitor
Anatronman
was the gym teacher

Well played, Coolpool. Awards soon. Game 5 sign-ups are live

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I thought it was a school after the first question, but I wanted to make sure so I dragged it out a bit.

Walrus

Okay that's 3 players. Will be able to start once we have 4. @coolpool2 did you want to do another game? If we don't have 4 by midnight, I'll join in to make it 4 (having a friend do the moderation for me).

Considering how short the games have tended to be and how long the sign-up periods have been, I'm considering two different sign-up models and it would be nice to get your thoughts on it.

1) Instead of having short <24 hour games and then multi-day sign-up periods, we could switch to a multi-round model where "signing up" is a commitment to a series of 3 or 5 games. Downside to this model: People might not want to commit to 3 or 5 games (I'll let them leave, but it'd be a bit clunky to have a commitment system where you don't actually have to commit).

2) Alternatively, I could replace "signing up" with "signing out." Between each game there would be a ~24 hour sign-in/out period where new players can join and current players can leave. If there are at least 4 players after the 24 hours, the next game will start. Downside to this model: Someone goes out of town and forgets to sign-out. If that happens, they will be eliminated after 18 hours of not responding to a question and, if they were the Spy, that'll be a town win.

Last edited:

Anatronman

I like both of those ideas. I'm happy with the opt-in opt-out system, as it's more flexible.

Walrus

Game 4 Awards
Best Roleplaying goes to Chickenspleen! It may have ended up giving the location away to the Spy (Coolpool said he thought school after it), but I loved the janitorial mirror poop question. Honorable mention goes to Firedemon for being an obnoxious kid.

MVP
goes to Coolpool! Your security answer was close to putting you on fire, but you got the location quick enough for a strong win.

Best Spectator goes to real life suitemate Jonathan! He deduced the location and the Spy within the first three posts.

Last edited:

Walrus

Game 5 starts!

First player to post should ask a bolded question @ another player.

Players
Anatronman
Chickenspleen
Coolpool2
Firedemon

For next game, I will be using the opt-in/out system as it is currently the most liked format (aka Anatronman said he was happy with it).

Chickenspleen

Do you people seriously expect me to start this again? Me, of all people? Ugh, fine, but don't think I'm forgetting this.

You, @Firedemon, get me a latte, would you? Medium, soy, with Sweet n' Low, NOT SPLENDA, instead of sugar. And for the love of God none of that pumpkin spice bullshit. Got all that?

Walrus

@Firedemon you technically have ~4 hours to respond before being auto-eliminated. Considering how early in the morning that is, though, I'll give an extension until 3:30 PM CST. First time offense and what-not.

As a reminder: Not responding within 18 hours is supposed to be an auto-elimination. If the Spy is eliminated the game ends with a town win. If a town player is auto-eliminated that player loses but the game continues.

Last edited:

Walrus

Anatronman is the Spy!

Anatronman
guessed Fashion Show!

ERROR: INVALID LOCATION.
Please refer to the image of locations in the OP (copied below)

@Anatronman you have 18 hours to guess one of the above locations.

Walrus

Anatronman is the Spy!
Anatronman failed
his first guess but then guessed Movie Studio!
The location
is the Movie Studio!

Anatronman
earns a 74.8% win!
The town
, cleverly tricking the Spy into initially guessing a blatantly invalid location, earns a 33.9% win!

Firedemon
was a costume designer
Chickenspleen
was an actor
Coolpool2
was the director

Game 5 Awards
MVP goes to Chickenspleen! He heroically started the game after a weekend of silence. What a fabulous hunk.

Best Roleplaying goes to Anatronman! He did a great job portraying the character of a bad spy by guessing a blatantly invalid location

Worst Spectator goes to Jonathan! He was very confused, torn between the location being the restaurant, the ocean liner, the airplane, the passenger train, or the hotel. Special props to Anatronman for guessing correctly whilst Jonathan, a Spyfall veteran, was totally lost.

Walrus

Game 6 sign-ups are live!

If you played in Game 5, you are still signed up. If you would like to opt out, please do so within the next 24 hours.

If you did not play in Game 5, sign-up here within the next 24 hours.

Game 6 starts in 24 hours.

Top Bottom