Tales from Driftmoore [OOC]

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I haven't forgotten - I'm just waiting on Tirin to post a sheet. We'll start soon enough.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Name: Victor Primus

Appearance: Victor is a well-built man who, at six feet and an inch, is noticeably taller than most of the people of Driftmoore. His large, powerful form combined with short blonde hair and cobalt blue eyes give off an impression of majesty and importance, which Victor is more than happy to use to his advantage. Victor's figure and facial structure are both far on the masculine side, and consistently prove attractive to men and women alike. The only unusual mark to be found on his body is a long, thin scar on his right hand, seemingly from a knife or other sharp object. However, even this would be quite difficult to find, as he does his best to keep it covered with camouflage cream.

As far as clothing goes, Victor does what he can to keep it classy. His standard attire is a well-tailored black suit, as well as a white dress shirt coupled with a red, black, or gold necktie - just about the only variation his day-to-day clothing has. If necessary, Victor will bring along weather- or situation-appropriate accessories such an umbrella, heavier jacket, or bathing suit, though it is rare that he finds himself in such positions. Finally, the most noticeable - for that matter, only - accessory Victor possesses is a ring made of platinum, which has a small star ruby set into the bezel and the letters V and P engraved on it.

Personality: Victor is a gregarious and generally pleasant individual who does everything he can to please people around him. Having had plenty of experience in interacting with other people in both informal and business capacities, he makes an excellent negotiator and charmer, and is quite enjoyable to spend time with; perhaps the one aspect of his charm that could use work is romance, as while his features are quite attractive to women, he has nowhere near as much success as he could between his looks and money. This stems in part from a fear of rejection and in another from a strong desire to keep most of his thoughts and feelings private.

Victor does what he can to make his presence known in informal conversation, typically through large gestures and loud, enthusiastic speech; however, he makes strong efforts to keep discussion on his own terms, steering it away from topics involving his thoughts and feelings. When it comes to business, he is markedly more polite, and intense moreso than energetic; he sets his mind to a goal and pushes hard to achieve it. He has a special talent for discerning what other parties want out of a business deal, and leaving them feeling like they came away getting the better of him. Generally speaking, Victor is more intelligent and better-educated than the people around him, though he isn't the sort of person to make a point of it.

Life History: Born into the wealthy and influential Primus family of New York, Victor had a more-than-privileged upbringing owing to his grandfather, and later father's, increidlbe success in business. As a result of said wealth, Victor was afforded the best private education - in, of course, the form of professional tutors - that money could buy. The friends he made at this period in his life were predominantly close relatives and the children of other wealthy people - all, of course, potential business connections for later. As a result of this excellent tutelage, Victor scored extremely well on standardized tests throughout his life, making it clear that - in conjunction with his family's wealth - he would have his pick of universities to attend.

He elected to go to the University of California at Berkeley, taking a double major in Economics and Mathematics and intending to go into law school soon afterward. Victor excelled in his studies there, working hard with the intent of making his family proud. He made no small number of friends (and, of course, connections!), and in his final year started a relationship with a slightly younger woman attending the same university. Following his graduation just last year, Victor and said woman returned to live in New York with his family prior to his entry to law school. It was in this brief period that a scandal surfaced, allegedly involving wandering eyes on Victor's part, and the pair separated; the woman was paid no small amount of money to keep quiet about the affair, and Victor's stint in law school was exchanged for getting practical experience somewhere where it would be difficult for him to damage the family's - or his own - reputation.

How did you come to Driftmoore?: Victor came to Driftmoore on the heels of a tightly-wrapped scandal. While most of the details were covered up quite well through his family's connections, anyone who dug deep would easily be able to find out that it revolved around Victor's relationship with a young woman and some sort of difficulty therein. For now, he has been told to relax, keep his head low, and try to make connections for his family.

Personal Memento: Victor's memento is the aforementioned ring, which was commissioned for him by his (now-deceased) grandfather to celebrate his university graduation. While he does his best to remain professional-looking if he can help it, Victor is incredibly - it would be quite fair to say "unreasonably" - protective of the ring and uncharacteristically vicious to anyone trying to interact with it in just about any way, with the exception of examining it.

Worst Fear: Victor's worst fear is that someone in Driftmoore will discover his reason for being there, and either blackmail him or force him to leave town as a result. Aside from that, as a direct result of said scandal, Victor is absolutely terrified of getting into another relationship, and so intends to keep a bit of distance from the people he meets in Driftmoore.

Sorry that this is a little on the late side, but I've been a bit busy.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Sorry that this is a little on the late side, but I've been a bit busy.
It's completely fine. I've been nonexistent on the forums since I've been drinking for the past 2-3 days with friends. I'll probably get the starting post up in a few hours.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I'll try to take some time away from playing smash bros to write, after I can remember what I was going to change to my character sheet, I remembered earlier but then I started playing smash bros. Also is there a general standard on how I should separate my character's thoughts from narrative? Sorry if I'm bad at roleplaying.

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'll try to take some time away from playing smash bros to write, after I can remember what I was going to change to my character sheet, I remembered earlier but then I started playing smash bros. Also is there a general standard on how I should separate my character's thoughts from narrative? Sorry if I'm bad at roleplaying.
Try Italics.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I don't think this is the thread for this but so far Robin, Sonic(I played sonic a lot in brawl, kirby, and rosalina are my favourites. I have yet to really explore all the characters though. My favourite playstyles are kind of campy and just throwing out projectiles so I want to try out Ness.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
I don't think this is the thread for this but so far Robin, Sonic(I played sonic a lot in brawl, kirby, and rosalina are my favourites. I have yet to really explore all the characters though. My favourite playstyles are kind of campy and just throwing out projectiles so I want to try out Ness.
Maining Robin as well as Palutena and Marth/Lucina. Of course, we probably should have a separate thread for this...

Shizno

There we go. Now then, let's start the vicious murders and the characters going insane.

Note to self: Read other characters more closely before mentioning them.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Hmm, I've been thinking of possible character development for if my character goes insane while I was bored earlier.

Milamber

Donor III
Hmm, I've been thinking of possible character development for if my character goes insane while I was bored earlier.
Slow insanity is the best insanity. Also <3 Thomson.

Tolvan you don't have to decide right away about enrolling in school or what you want to do with your gap year. If you wanted to your character could have that dilemma as the days go on. Also their is no problem with mentioning the Coves restaurant, it's a place like any other and you can come and go as you please. If you want to engage with Richard while he's at work or simply order something from him just give me a heads up beforehand so I can read your post and respond accordingly.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
As a note. I haven't forgotten about this. I've been pretty busy with an organization, so give me some time and I'll post the next main story advancement.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
It took me three weeks, but I have finally cleared up some work and posted n Driftmoore.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Hmm a tome of human skin? If this is going where I think it is going, then I am surprised I predicted it before anything had happened at all. If it isn't, then nevermind. Alright, is your post a refernce to a video game.

Top Bottom