Tales from Driftmoore [OOC]

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
It's a supernatural, horror, and mystery. I'm not stealing from anything in particular. There will be lots of influences from video games and novels in particular though the game.

Serval

Hey, I may be too late for this, but I wanted to know if you still had spots open for this. I read through the OOC thread and what has happened so far in the roleplay, and I wanted to say that I am incredibly interested. Also, I noticed that you haven't mentioned if you've closed the roleplay from anymore players. I have created a character in the event that I can still join and will post him below. I hope this isn't inconvenient, and if it is, I'll just wait until the next one.

Name: Bill Riggon
Appearance:
At around five foot ten, Bill is quite comfortable in his hirsute body. Bill tries to keep active, by going on walks, “ingressing”, or exploring locations to inspire his book. Thus, Bill, while not rippling with muscles, is fit and quite dexterous. Even at a distance, it is apparent that he is Italian with a tangle of curly dark, nearly pitch, ear-length hair, lightly olive skin, chocolate colored eyes, and a stern but approachable face. A short chin-strap lines his face.

Bill’s dress varies on the situation in which he is placed. His author’s photo in the back of his anthology book, Tales of the Midnight Hitchhiker, features Bill in a suit, clean shaven, and hair slicked back granting him a slightly regal appearance. Since, he has taken to “laying low” while doing research, soul-finding, or whatever he feels he needs to tell his friends back home to relax. Therefore, his chin-strap has grown in and his hair is just reaching the point of unruly.

He rode into town in his green Subaru, wearing a dark brown coat, a grey t-shirt bearing a tree, dark blue jeans, belt, and black tennis shoes. He is never without his silver cornicello necklace.

Personality:
Bill has a “life of the party” attitude that helps him get through some of the rougher parts of life. In public, he is outgoing, loud, and has a charismatic magnetism about him. As people get to know him, he frequently takes those he sees potential in under his wing to guide them through the complexities of life. He enjoys watching horror movies and games and deconstructing them in conversation. He uses these conversations as muses for his short stories which were not the ground-breaking success he had hoped for. When he’s “researching”, a professional term for trespassing and looking into local legends often in places he shouldn’t, he reads about mythology and the occult, feeling that he’d rather know about what’s out in the world then drift along in it. However, Bill does not charge in haphazardly. He’s abandoned investigations entirely, despite his incredible curiosity, in order to take away power from larger forces.

“If you look into the abyss, the abyss looks back, so don’t look into the abyss at all, just know it’s there.”

Life History:
Bill has been surrounded by “odd” occurrences throughout his life. While these may have been brought on by his over active imagination, it propelled him into an interest in the supernatural and occult. He has had moments of “Glitches in the Matrix” where he’s seen his twin brother enter a room, have a conversation with him, leave the room and proceed to come home from his after school activities. As a young man, he would take trips into the woods around his home. There he would take in the history of violence that he felt linger in the area, from cult rituals, burial grounds, and KKK meetings. While none of these had occurred in the area for years, he would research and try and discover all he could. Oftentimes, he would regale his friends with the bizarre occurrences of his life. The positive response led him to major in English and pursue a life of writing. While in college, he published a small anthology of stories, Tales of the Midnight Hitchhiker. It was sold online to a less than thrilling response, but Bill hopes that his next book will catch the critics’ attentions.

How did you come to Driftmoore?:
Bill wrote his first book based on inspiration from the odd things that he had encountered throughout his life, embellished to thrill and excite. Having exhausted his inspirational resources, he moved to Driftmoore in search of a new muse. He assumedly would have arrived in the last couple days and is currently set up in a guest cabin in the woods on the outskirts of town. More literally, he arrived in a green Subaru Forrester using the meager amount of money he had saved doing odd jobs and his first book to fund gas and supplies.

Personal Memento:
Bill’s memento is his silver cornicello necklace. He never takes it off, even in the shower. He thoroughly believes that it helps repel some of the more nasty things that occur in the world.
“Belief. It can create the most powerful weapons, or the scariest nightmares.”

Misc:
Among the things that he packed, Bill has a collection of cold iron railroad spikes in the back of his car, talismans he found on one of his last woodland excursions before moving.

Greatest Fear:
While it is not crippling enough to prevent him from using them, Bill is incredibly freaked out by mirrors. Mirrors and their superstitions play a heavy roll in his life.

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Hey, I may be too late for this, but I wanted to know if you still had spots open for this. I read through the OOC thread and what has happened so far in the roleplay, and I wanted to say that I am incredibly interested. Also, I noticed that you haven't mentioned if you've closed the roleplay from anymore players. I have created a character in the event that I can still join and will post him below. I hope this isn't inconvenient, and if it is, I'll just wait until the next one.
Ah! You're right. Yeah, I have a few spots where I can still throw more players in there. I really enjoy your character and he'll add a fun element to the story. I'm actually about to post in the RP now, so I can easily incorporate you.

Approved.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Coolpool + Tolvan,

You're still in the main room with everyone else. Serval playing "Bill Riggon" just awoke in the staff room, which is separate from the lobby.

Chickenspleen

So I'm probably going to be inactive for the next week or so, so could you find a place Bryce for a bit later in the story? I haven't really done anything with him yet post day one anyway.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
So I'm probably going to be inactive for the next week or so, so could you find a place Bryce for a bit later in the story? I haven't really done anything with him yet post day one anyway.
Ah. He was one of the many in the Cove. It's all right. I don't think anyone interacted with him. I'll figure something out.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
A week of illness coupled with my second round of midterms has spinkicked me in the balls. I'll be "back" before the end of next weekend for sure; if I can manage to squeeze a post in some other time, I'll do so.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
There are a few brilliant characters here that I couldn't bare to leave to die. Starting this back up now that I have some time.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
It's been so long I've kind of forgotten my character's personality, I need to re-read that sheet. Also why did you write that we all witness what is on the other side but not what is actually on the other side?

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
For the main group, you're seeing Bill. Bill is seeing the rest of the group. I didn't want to describe what is being seen, since I didn't want to dictate Bill's actions in case he tries to hide during the splintering.

I'll fix this tomorrow or @Serval could post and fix it all up by then.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Serval hasn't really been on the forums in a while, and no one else is really posting. It's kind of understandable to him to not come back seeing as how there hasn't been any progress in a while.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I just edited my post. Sorry for the delay, I wanted to give him an opportunity to post.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Sorry I haven't posted. It's been a busy week, and worse still, I've got a second one coming up. I'll try posting over the weekend.

Top Bottom