[Literature] Tales of the Oberland

Zapy97

For a while now I have had an idea of creating thread of history, stories, culture and legends from the Oberland while waiting for the Nations RP to come back up. Each of my posts will have a title and it will be an actual book or chapter of a book that exists in the RP usually published and written in the Oberland. Feedback is appreciated. Please keep in mind that I am not a good writer, this is really for me to express my imagination and fantasies.

If any one wants to contribute their own works as a book in the Oberland I will gladly accept it after I approve it or disapprove it, after I Approve/Disapprove it please type in the Top Left above the chapter Title in Bright Green that it has been approved, or Dark Red if it has been Disapproved. If it has been
disapproved as a published work in the Role play it might be used in post in a form of role play event in the Oberland.

People and cultures of the Oberland

Synopsis
While a large portion of the Oberland is mainly Germanic, there are quite a few subcultures and minority peoples within The East Oberland Empire and The West Oberland Republic. The East Oberland Empire is culturally unified, almost bland some people would say due to the same culture through out most of the nation. There is one exception however to the Cultural unity in the EOE which are the Oberlandish High lands on the far eastern side of the country. In the West Oberland Republic Oberlandish culture is still dominant but to the far west of the country cities have a melting pot of Oberlandish, Tarrowland, and Warren Culture due to the trade and proximity of the nations.

Oberlandish
The Oberlandish Culture is a culture of which morals are held with the highest regard for the most part. In their culture of strict moral views, the culture of the EOE often focuses always giving it your one hundred percent, honesty, straight forwardness, being thankful for what you have, flexibility in making deals, remaining faithful in marriage, honor and valor. The devotion to their nation, peers and family have allowed the people of the Oberlandish Reich to develop a
tightly woven society that would rarely turn against itself. While almost all of the EOE citizens have held hate in their hearts towards magic since the days of the Oberlandish Dark Arts and Highlander's rule with a magical iron fist. While on the other side of the Sicherheit line Oberlanders of the WOR have more moderate views of magic often channeling their power into beautiful works of art, jaw dropping feats of civil construction and some of the most beautiful music on the continent. It is often no surprise when grey military uniform wearing diplomats from the EOE often end up getting into blustering arguments with the magically enhanced and gallantly dressed diplomats of the WOR. This single difference in culture has kept these two great nations apart and against each other in economical duels since the days of Corsan I.

The Highlanders
The Highlanders are not Oberlandish contrary to the popular belief, they are actually descendents of Galadonian knights who fled over the Neblig Mountains during the demon invasion. The Highlander's culture is not as strictly defined by morals, instead it is more based around . The People them selves being much taller than an ordinary person, due their mixed descent of Oberlandish and Galadonian. At one point some of the Highlanders were powerful wizards and mages. Believing to be out of the Demon's influence their magic slowly became corrupted mingling with the Beautiful Oberlandish magical Arts to create Dreadful spells to Enslave mankind into endless torment, make unstoppable Killing machines and make the most Alluring temptations of Evil. The Highlander's new Oberlandish dark arts allowed them to form their own Small empire in the Far East of the Oberland, until of course the Great Awakening of the EOE's (Then the Corseinburg confederacy) disciplined militaristic Spirit came in under the rule of Corsan I. Who Abolished Magic in his Kingdom purging Magic from the EOE. The Kingdom of the Highlands was destroyed, with great shame the Highlanders slowly integrated into Oberlandish society, and present day in Hindsight many Hate the magic used by their blood Red eyed ancestors.

Top Bottom