[Video] TC's Twitch: T&TR @7:30pst - Now a Thing Again!

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
God damn it I missed it! I should have checked the site earlier today. I really love JoJo. It's such a wild ride. I guess I'll just watch the vods.

Also starting with Part 4? I usually don't recommend that, but Part 1 really pales in comparison with the other parts.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Also starting with Part 4? I usually don't recommend that, but Part 1 really pales in comparison with the other parts.
Consider me a heathen, but if I honestly have to get someone into the series, I show them Part 4.

Part 4 oozes style and stellar animation that even if you don't understand what's going on, you'll love the aesthetic trip. The reason I love starting with Part 4 as well is that it is it's own story. Part 1-3 is the Stone Mask Saga. They don't need to know ANYTHING about it. They mention DIO very rarely - maybe for thirty seconds in the third episode. And even then, it's fairly easy to grasp the context: "If someone gets a stand stronger than DIO'S The World, then this town is in danger."

I have a friend group that has polarizing opinions of Jojo, but they all share the same trait: They all started Part 1 and didn't enjoy it that much. I went back and showed my closer friends Diamond is Unbreakable and they fucking loved it. They loved the clever abilities, creative use of them, the posing, the characters and the music. The ones that I showed Part 4 to went back and binged part 1, knowing how good it got and wanted to see it evolve. The friends that I haven't shown Part 4 still haven't touched the series.

I will admit, the downside to starting the series at Part 4 is that you know the outcome of certain events - who lives, who dies, certain people's abilities. Honestly though, there's still tons of surprises and people usually enjoy the series.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I completely agree with the sentiment that part 4 is really good. It's just that there's a bit the series expects you to know by this point, like stands and the spoilers. Still, part 4 is really good.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
The new game we're streaming is Blooky's #1 favorite game of all time....Final Fantasy X!

We're starting tomorrow at 7:30pm PST! Tune in to help us name the characters dumb things!

Top Bottom