The Best Beer

AndyM03

And why is it this -
31323_2.jpg

(Not really I prefer Carlton Dry out of the bottle and Carlton Draught off tap but still)
I've heard the American beer industry and such is far better than any Australian brew but I've created this thread for banter purposes.
We should all get sloshed on Skype together or something.
Sloshed mafia would be so good.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I've heard the American beer industry and such is far better than any Australian brew but I've created this thread for banter purposes.
We should all get sloshed on Skype together or something.
You want some bants?

Australia is pretty poor when it comes to beer from what I could tell when I visited. They had a really good cider from Switzerland(?) that's a pain to get in the US. Rekorderlig. When I was in Brisbane, a restaurant had it and it was incredibly expensive but worth it.

I'll toss out some good beer that I've had, even though I don't really drink much anymore.

Unibroe's La Fin Du Monde - "The End of the World." It's good when bottled, but even better when it's on tap. I picked up that exact same bottle for about $7 in my local liquor store to drink tonight at a friend's.

Dogfishhead 120 Minute IPA - One of the best IPA's that I had. They have weaker versions that are called "60 Minute IPA" and "90 Minute IPA" respectively. I only recommend drinking one of them in a single-go. Due to the brewing process, they can't put an exact ABV on it. It's somewhere between 15-20% if I recall.

Lindeman's Kriek Lambic - It's a recent beer that I've tried since it was highly rated and it was on the more affordable side of the liquor store. It's definitely unique in flavor, taking after a very "Sweet and Sour" cherry taste. If you enjoy sweet things, I recommend it.

Boulevard's Funky Pumpkin - A sour pumpkin ale that grew on me the past year. It was one of the first sour ales that I had.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
TC's beer that he brews, because they let the dog lick the equipment clean and they forget to add the sugar to make it carbonate.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
TC's beer that he brews, because they let the dog lick the equipment clean and they forget to add the sugar to make it carbonate.
Ha-haaaah.

Though in all fairness, it's fine to let the dog lick everything as long as you still wash and sterilize it afterwards.
And why is it this -
Nope.
You want some bants?

Australia is pretty poor when it comes to beer from what I could tell when I visited. They had a really good cider from Switzerland(?) that's a pain to get in the US. Rekorderlig. When I was in Brisbane, a restaurant had it and it was incredibly expensive but worth it.

I'll toss out some good beer that I've had, even though I don't really drink much anymore.

Unibro's La Fin Du Monde - "The End of the World." It's good when bottled, but even better when it's on tap. I picked up that exact same bottle for about $7 in my local liquor store to drink tonight at a friend's.

Dogfishhead 120 Minute IPA - One of the best IPA's that I had. They have weaker versions that are called "60 Minute IPA" and "90 Minute IPA" respectively. I only recommend drinking one of them in a single-go. Due to the brewing process, they can't put an exact ABV on it. It's somewhere between 15-20% if I recall.

Lindeman's Kriek Lambic - It's a recent beer that I've tried since it was highly rated and it was on the more affordable side of the liquor store. It's definitely unique in flavor, taking after a very "Sweet and Sour" cherry taste. If you enjoy sweet things, I recommend it.

Boulevard's Funky Pumpkin - A sour pumpkin ale that grew on me the past year. It was one of the first sour ales that I had.
Admittedly, Dogfish Head is the only one of those I've had (a bunch of). In general, I do like IPA's a bunch. That said, (though it figuratively kills me to say it), in general terms the IPA is essentially a slightly less good and significantly more cost-efficient Bohemian pilsner*, flavor-wise. It's a gateway beer, on account of how once a person starts drinking IPA's, that person is left forever unable to garner even the slightest enjoyment from the standard American swill, and is forever doomed to pay two or three times more money for each future bottle of store-bought brew.

*Unless you want to start getting into the $5-10 bottles of specialty brew like Big Dipa and the various trappist ales and such, but that's pretty extreme.

Last edited:

Requiem

Andy, you said banter and that reminded me that u have other Australian friends than you. They came to America to work at my summer camp.

You should do that maybe. That would be neato bruv

AndyM03

Andy, you said banter and that reminded me that u have other Australian friends than you. They came to America to work at my summer camp.

You should do that maybe. That would be neato bruv
Well if that isn't the kindest invite to Aushcwitz I've ever heard. That would be really cool actually. I do need to travel at some point. I'm currently saving money for an Asia trip with my girlfriend, but that's a ways down the road.

Requiem

You should Google it, I'll see if I can find the company they went with and you're interested, I could put you in touch with the head of the boy's camp. Maybe your girlfriend could come too, but girl's side fills up fairly quickly in terms of counselors. They could most likely make room for you though if it meant getting the two of you as a package deal, haha.

And we're only a little like Auschwitz. Just a little.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
That only happened once, and it was our first time! The Brew Crew has gotten a lot better! Mostly thanks to Easy.

And we remembered to put the sugar in HALFWAY through. Only half of that batch was a flat mess.

It's a gateway beer, on account of how once a person starts drinking IPA's, that person is left forever unable to garner even the slightest enjoyment from the standard American swill, and is forever doomed to pay two or three times more money for each future bottle of store-bought brew.
This is a great quote and I'm stealing it.

Also, I can confirm that Dogfish Head is great. They have it on tap at a place I like, but it's a big upper class and even if it's not crowded the prices are still a turn-off. It listed the ABV at 11%, I think.

AndyM03

You want some bants?

Rekorderlig is lovely. I usually cheap out and don't get it often, but when I do it's always worth it.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Rekorderlig is lovely. I usually cheap out and don't get it often, but when I do it's always worth it.
Easily the best cider that I've ever had in Brisbane.

Aside from that, I had another La Fin Du Monde. It was really good.

AndyM03

Instead of Beer pong we often play Goon pong, Goon being cheap wine. This video was really fun to make and it's probably not funny to any of you ahaha but I thought I'd share.
Also, I am godawful at Beer/Goon pong. Like so awful. Thank God my girlfriend is actually decent. I do a (majority) of the drinking and she does the throwing, it's good teamwork.

Top Bottom