Active The Elder Tales [CYOA]

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Brief setting note: This will be a series of Lovecraft-inspired stories that we'll be running through. Running is an option. Death is a possibility. Insanity is highly likely.

Boston. The 60's.

“Wop bop a loo bop a lop bom bom! Tutti frutti, oh tutti!~”

The high pitched voice cried out as the energetic tunes echoed throughout the smokey room.

“Cut it out, Drew. You Bozo.” The rough voice barked out, slightly muffled by the cigarette in his mouth.The tip of the cigarette flared brightly while the smoke wafted from the tip to join the cloud that filled the room.

“Hang Loose, Dick. I just bought the thing. ‘Sides, Jasper seems to like it.”

The mousey-looking guy had been striking away at the typewriter before glancing up nervously between the two figure: Richard “Dick” Young and Drew Riddle. Richard had been his boss and the Gumshoe that was in charge of all the investigations. Drew was a recent addition that was a cool cat - smooth and slick, his job was getting in and out of places that stealth and brute force couldn’t make it in.

THUD. THUD THUD THUD.

Those familiar heavy steps could be heard right outside the door before it was thrown open. A gust of smoke poured over the figure as a deep cough could be heard.

“Open a window, will you guys?”

The man towered over Jasper with a thick frame that was almost as thick as his Polish accent. That was Pete Sluraski - the muscle.

Luckily, Jasper Kennedy didn’t have to disappoint Drew or anger Richard. Grumbling, Richard threw open a window as the smoke spilled out of the room.

“Happy?”

Jasper could finally see what he had been typing - a review of the last case they had finished up. If Dick was the Intuition, Pete was the muscle, Drew was the Charm, that only left one thing: The Brains. He had mostly been sent to do research which beat the hell out of confronting folks.

"I hope the smoke clears out in time.."

Who would you like to have as the main character?

- Richard “Gumshoe” Young
- Pete Slusarski
- Drew Riddle
- Jasper Kennedy

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Man, Richard Young is some 0 K levels of cool up in here, you ain't know shit.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Can we find somebody cooler and pick them?
I very much doubt it.

You just can't beat Pete.

Gumshoe's an alright choice, but there's only so much Dick you can take in one go. Better to leave him for occasional appearances and input.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Man, I bet you could take a hell of a lot of Dick if you were just willing to give him a try. Probably enjoy it, too.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Maybe so, but I sure wouldn't enjoy it. You may be all about that Dick and that's fine, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Just a helpful tip - while I'm not necessarily a fan of Dick in general, I think giving Dick a chance will make everyone happier here.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Just a helpful tip - while I'm not necessarily a fan of Dick in general, I think giving Dick a chance will make everyone happier here.
It's too big of a risk for him. If you can't beat the Pete, you don't pick the Dick - that's my motto.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Richard.

This is one of those things where you make characters after forumers isn't it.

Requiem

It's too big of a risk for him. If you can't beat the Pete, you don't pick the Dick - that's my motto.
Is that because if you can't handle Pete, then Dick is even harder to handle? Thus making Pete the weaker of the two?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I think I can just about see where you're coming from. You'd need to be able to handle that Dick to beat your Pete, yes? But the challenge to handling the aforementioned Dick isn't because of strength; quite the contrary. See, we're talking about a fragile ego that needs to be handled with care, lest he suddenly explode in an outburst of rage and indignation. Could get messy.
He ain't gonna win with a motto like that. Too easily adopted by the competition.
I thought the competition's motto was something like "give Dick a chance?" You're right, though - that bastard's always piggybacking off of my innovation.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I assure you, Dick's explosive behavior is the product of excitement and enthusiasm, not rage.

You're right, though - that bastard's always piggybacking off of my innovation.
I would argue that my turning your quarter-baked ideas into something workable is praiseworthy. It gives you a standard to try to hold yourself to in the future, if one you'll never meet - and certainly not exceed.

Top Bottom