Continuous The Forum Court (Tirin v. Thunder: Concluded)

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
By order of the Court, following recommendation by the appointed third-party authority, Accused Forumer Walrus is hereby declared fit to stand trial.

Records of the evaluation process will be released following the trial's conclusion, given that both Attorneys have waived any right to contest the results of the evaluation, and that such records may potentially have unintended influence on the trial itself.

The trial of Walrus will resume session in the month of May, 2017, at which point the Attorneys will have up to six consecutive days to present and conclude the remainder of their arguments. The starting date will be decided by agreement between @Tirin and @AndyM03 , if possible, or otherwise set for the 24th of May.

GAVEL.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
By order of the Court, following recommendation by the appointed third-party authority, Accused Forumer Walrus is hereby declared fit to stand trial.
...Holy shit, I never saw that one coming.

Uh... I guess anytime after the start of May is good for me. How about you, @AndyM03?

AndyM03

...Holy shit, I never saw that one coming.

Uh... I guess anytime after the start of May is good for me. How about you, @AndyM03?
Yeah after May is good.
I believe this longevity of this case is grounds for further psychiatric evaluation for my poor, innocent Walrus. Unacceptable the running of these court proceedings.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The Defense is reminded that the trial will be continued during, not after, the upcoming month of May. If the Defense can provide evidence of extraneous circumstances prohibiting his participation within that time frame, however, then the Court may consider moving the deadline back into the following month if the Prosecution consents to doing so.

The Defense is also informed that having spent an extraordinarily large amount of time on completing a part of the proceedings is not considered a valid reason, in and of itself, to extend that process even further. Additionally, the purpose of Forumer @LeMeh 's evaluation was to determine whether the Accused was in his proper state of mind at the time of the alleged crime, as any latter fluctuations in his mental status are otherwise irrelevant to this case.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
@Tirin @AndyM03

Attorneys are notified that further Arguments will be received starting Friday, the Second of June 2017, at 23:59 EST.

Closing arguments are due by Sunday, the Fourth of June 2017, at 23:59 EST, at which point Jury will convene. These deadlines are absolutely and unequivocally fixed.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
So... Saturday morning for me. Sounds good, Your Honor, though I won't present it immediately after the opening.

AndyM03

@Easy , I believe Tirin is conducting illegal confrontational tactics against my client. Threatening him with the violence of physical assault with a deadly weapon (Books scare Walrus, he is a simple man) is simply undemocratic and cannot be allowed in this court room.

This is a direct quote from the man, if you can even call a monster such as himself that, uttered from his very own decrepit lips.
Alright motherfucker, you want him taken down? I'mma take him down! I tried leniency and mercy and shit! You gonna get your client smacked with the fuckin' book!

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Your response, Prosecution?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Your Honor, that was a use of metaphor common to legal dramas, with "smacked with the fuckin' book" referring to pursuing this case to the fullest extent of forum law possible. This, most likely, would and will result in Walrus Man being metaphorically taken down. I at no time implied that I was going to physically strike Walrus Man with a book and, in fact, said that Andy was going to get his client smacked with the book - in other words, that his lackluster defense will result in Walrus Man's conviction.

While this is no doubt rude, Your Honor, it is by no means a threat, and to the best of my knowledge rudeness alone has no precedent of being punished by the court or the administration. Are we clear to move on, or does Andyman require more distractions from the case?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Objection is overruled. While the Court does not deign to dispute the allegations of Mayor Walrus's simplicity, the Accused has nonetheless been deemed fit to stand trial, and cannot be expected to suffer any excessive amount of mental suffering and trauma from the use of such terminology as has been called into question. That said, Mayor @Tirin is asked to be more mindful of the civility of his language going into the future.

You may proceed.

AndyM03

Does a threat's existence not pertain to those who feel threatened? Have it on record I am outraged by this decision.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
If your client identifies as being threatened, then so be it, but that doesn't mean he'll be legally recognized as such unless some real and present threat can be demonstrated.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Your Honor, good people of the jury, it having been declared - against all odds - that Walrus Man was in his right mind at the time of the crime and is fit to stand trial cements the obvious: he is, in fact, guilty as charged. As shown in my post made on the 15th of January, the accused has clearly made statements whose falsehood is a matter of public record. Though I concede that he is a simple man, it is clear that Walrus Man must have been aware that he was not telling the truth for that very reason - and, indeed, he has a history of making knowingly false claims in the past, such as his assertions that he is the acting mayor of this community.

I appeal to the jury to make the right choice and find Walrus Man guilty, to put a stop to this and other forum crime, and to show that we'll take a hard line against serial liars. Thank you for your time; the prosecution rests.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
have you seen Tirin's haircut? I started this case without needing glasses y'know.
The nature of each opposing Attorney's haircut, among any other relevant factors, has been assuredly taken into consideration in the arbitration process of this most prolific case of judicial intervention. If the Defense is inclined to believe that the presiding Justice is, for some reason, less familiar with the opposing Attorney's aesthetics than the Defense himself is, then let that argument be brought and argued before the scrutiny of the Court itself.

Your Honor, good people of the jury, it having been declared - against all odds - that Walrus Man was in his right mind at the time of the crime and is fit to stand trial cements the obvious: he is, in fact, guilty as charged. As shown in my post made on the 15th of January, the accused has clearly made statements whose falsehood is a matter of public record. Though I concede that he is a simple man, it is clear that Walrus Man must have been aware that he was not telling the truth for that very reason - and, indeed, he has a history of making knowingly false claims in the past, such as his assertions that he is the acting mayor of this community.

I appeal to the jury to make the right choice and find Walrus Man guilty, to put a stop to this and other forum crime, and to show that we'll take a hard line against serial liars. Thank you for your time; the prosecution rests.
Prosecution is hereby prohibited from making any further statements, inside or outside of the Forum Court itself, which may potentially considered to have any kind of observable impact upon the outcome of the ongoing trial.

AndyM03

To be completely honest I didn't know what I was defending Walrus for this whole time
Your honour, I will present my defense for these two claims.
1) He is a strong deterrent to forum crime - a ridiculous assertion at best, given the presence of active moderators, administrators, and the esteemed Court;
2) The Get the Cookie thread was extremely active and engaging at the time of writing (October 17, 2016) and every forumer aside from Requiem was engaged in the struggle for the cookie. There were no posts in the Get the Cookie thread between September 28 and October 17, a period of nearly three weeks, and the only recent non-Req poster was Thunderclaw.
I would like to request 3 forum community members to stand to answer the question.
Would having to interact with Walrus in any fashion, be it directly or indirectly, be enough to deter you from a potential action, specifically one being a crime?
I would ask @Colonel Thunder , @Jeroth and @Requiem to each answer this question.
Walrus is one of the most unique characters on this forum, and.. he's not for everyone.
Walrus just letting you know I do love you buddy
In response to Tirin's second claim, I would read Walrus' own article for his defense.
Colonel Thunder has managed to heroically deflect attacks for the past three weeks, but a perfect ploy for overcoming Colonel Thunder's defenses is certainly under meticulous development as we speak.
There is clear satire being used in this sentence. In fact, one could say Walrus was doing a service to the community by trying to get more people to post in it. I see no possible interpretation for falsehoods here.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
@Colonel Thunder , @Jeroth , @Requiem

Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, answering all relevant questions posed by either attorney fully and accurately, to the best of your ability, no matter how tangential the relevance and however self-incriminating the answer may be, or else accept, before all forumers previous, future, and current, that your own worth is no greater than that of a gay-ass, baby-ass, stupid-ass, worthless-ass Czech pride stinking bitch?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Er... not to put a dent in the trial, Your Honor, but it's past the time allotted for our arguments. Will the jury make their decision, or should we listen to the testimony of those called to the stand?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The time for hearing arguments and testimony has elapsed.

Top Bottom