Continuous The Forum Court (Tirin v. Thunder: Concluded)

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Yes... almost all of you.

Your Honor, am I allowed to file litigation against groups of people?

AndyM03

Your honour, I will not stand for this clear attempt at jurour intimidation, it diminishes the stability of our justice system.
If any of you feel intimidated by Tirin, my services are available $$$

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yes... almost all of you.

Your Honor, am I allowed to file litigation against groups of people?
Yes, although in such an eventuality Jurors will be asked to rule for all Defendants collectively, while yielding benefit of the doubt to all Defendants individually. Prosecutors are therefore advised to refrain from extending Accusation to any Forumers whom they cannot be reasonably certain of convicting.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
It is truly a shame that our justice system's backbone is comprised of largely-incompetent jurors, who decide not to apply the law so as to avoid its application on them.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Perfect! If I get convicted then Walrus Man is clearly deserving of retroactive punishment, which I'll be more than happy to enforce.

Well, that or the jurors would be deciding their vote based on interests other than forum law - a far more serious crime.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Your Honor, I would like to put forward an accusation against Mayor Tirin of Making False Statements. On the 25th of November in the year 2014, Mayor Tirin stated the following falsehood.
The jury decided that Darren Wilson was innocent, but what do you guys think about this controversial case? All I ask is that everyone try to keep it civil.
As it stands, there isn't enough evidence for this to go to trial. I'll be needing to see some reason for you to believe that he was aware of the falsity of the statement at the time, at the very least. Additionally, the statement will have to be relevant in some way to a matter within the jurisdiction of the forum's government, and the argument that any statement made by a moderator could fulfill that requirement is one that, if accepted, could easily serve as a precedent that would provide future basis for legitimizing the application of virtually any potential use of modmin power in the future as having been applied well within the jurisdiction of the offending modmin at the time - including, in point of fact, retroactively providing justification of the very action for which Mayor Tirin was originally Accused. It is not a line of argument that I am inclined to entertain, as even a technically valid interpretation to this effect would not be, in my view, a reasonable one.

This means that if you wish to prosecute charges of Making False Statements against Mayor Tirin you will, at the very least, have to provide me with evidence that he has performed some action for which an ordinary Forumer could be convicted under that statute. Historically, as shown by the outcome of Tirin v. Walrus, the bar for this is extremely high. The benefit of "reasonable doubt" in favor of the Accused is often considered to be so great as to supersede the conclusions reached by Court-appointed expert analysis when any conflict between the two arises, and some have even argued that the charge should not be applied at all unless the false statements in question were specifically directed towards some interested government authority by the perpetrator.

Please do try to refrain from wasting the Court's time with such frivolous accusations in the future.

GAVEL.

Last edited:

AndyM03

I throw my hat in the ring if TC needs a lawyer. Mad dog could always self represent tho.

Rondait

Sorry dad. I'd defend you, but apparently it would be a "conflict of interest" or something crazy like that.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Hear ye, hear ye! Court is in session.

The Right Honorable Justice Easy Rider will now preside over the case of @Jeroth v. @Colonel Thunder , concerning charges of Malicious Bamboozling brought forth by Moderator @Jeroth . The Court now calls on both parties to name Prosecution and Defense for their case or, otherwise, waive the right to a representative, and pursue the case themselves.
Sorry dad. I'd defend you, but apparently it would be a "conflict of interest" or something crazy like that.
Only if you hate your dad...

Walrus

I have interest in participating with this case but no very little about what bamboozling occurred, so for now I shall continue commentating on the sidelines using this beautiful megaphone that has yet to fail me...hm...

Your Honor, given my flawless track record as an attorney in outside this courtroom, if the defendant is unable to find an attorney and would like to exercise their right to counsel, I would be happy to be assigned for this case (and any future such incident where right to counsel need be utilized) as a court appointed lawyer.

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Right Honorable Justice Easy Rider, I shall waive the right to a representative, and will pursue the case myself.

I only ask that the bailiff remove the batteries from Walrus' megaphone, or else ask him to step outside.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Right Honorable Justice Easy Rider, I shall waive the right to a representative and I will take this care, knowing that I'm the only person who can pursue this case to the fullest and see that justice will be done.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
ORDER. Court is now in session.

@Jeroth @Colonel Thunder

Defense and Prosecution may now present opening statements. Each side, having done so, may then proceed to: call witnesses, present arguments, and/or submit any evidence for or against the charges, or any briefs and statements quoted from an outside party, for or against the charges presented.

This trial will proceed until exactly one week has elapsed, or both sides have presented closing statements - whichever is shorter.

Proceed.

Top Bottom