Continuous The Forum Court (Tirin v. Thunder: Concluded)

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yes.

Chickenspleen

So we definitely have to go guilty, right? The guy made no real attempt to defend himself. He even picked TC as his first choice for defense.

Rondait

Defend himself or not, that depends.

Your honor, is this to be considered a civil offense or a criminal offense?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Criminal.

Rondait

In that case my initial stance is not guilty. For the benefit of the rest of the jury, a criminal case means the accused is presumed innocent unless the prosecution has proved guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. While "a reasonable doubt" is subjective the general line is about a .91 probability according to the University of Cambridge. Personally, if this were a civil case I would vote guilty, but as far as a criminal verdict is concerned none of these campaigns appear to be proven to be deliberately harmed by Tolvan. While it is apparent that they are all indirectly or even directly harmed there is no proven intention to murder these poor innocent campaigns by him. If the charge was campaignslaughter then I would move for a guilty verdict, but as it stands on the charges of Multiple RP Campaigniside which, quite like homicide requires intention of the act, I can not in good will condemn this man. I would humbly suggest that next time charges are submitted maybe the prosecution should put in charges they have full proof for in order to assure a guilty verdict.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I would humbly suggest that next time charges are submitted maybe the prosecution should put in charges they have full proof for in order to assure a guilty verdict.
So a confession isn't "full" evidence? You would make a poor lawyer. Further, Tolvan quite willingly disregarded several attempts to contact him in relation to a variety of RPs - namely, all those mentioned in the trial save for the Mach Grail War.

Rondait

If the prosecution could quote where he says he intentionally killed these campaigns then I would be more than willing to reconsider.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Your honor, the prosecution would like to disqualify Rondait from the jury on the grounds that he's clearly some kind of Tolvan-shilling crack addict.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Ah, clearly a very well-considered opinion.

I kid, of course. You're a fucking DUMBASS.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Attorneys are reminded that the time in which to present their arguments has already passed.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Your Honor, I could not have anticipated that Rondait would be clearly unfit for jury duty.

Firedemon

I do not believe the forums are subject to innocent until proven guilty in criminal courts, I therefore conclude that Tolvan must be ruled guilty, by his failure to provide sufficient evidence to prove his innocence.

I mean, for fucks sake he tried to get TC to defend him. That might as well be some kind of confession by itself.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice

AndyM03

Guilty

I hope the sentence is light, but I see this case as a landmark precedent that could lead to players taking RPs seriously.

Make Roleplaying Great Again
Making a verdict specifically in the hopes of setting a precedent is against the law to my knowledge. (Aussie Law Anyway)
But yeah, I'm going to
Vote Guilty
I'd hope that the sentence is light as well, only because I think there's enough deterrence with RP'ing as it is with commitment issues and all. Ironically it failed in this case, but I still have hope for the continued system.

Top Bottom