Continuous The Forum Court (Tirin v. Thunder: Concluded)

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The Jury has voted unanimously to convict @Colonel Thunder for the charge of perjury.

By Court order, @Colonel Thunder's title shall be updated to reflect his status as a Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech. I hereby ban him from Jury duty until the heat death of the universe, or until he redeems himself somehow, whichever comes first. I no longer consider him to be a Forumer in good standing.

Gavel.

This CONCLUDES yet another case of Tirin v. Thunder. Court will now adjourn, pending any future cases to be held.

Accusations may be submitted privately, through correspondence with the Justice, or publicly, in this thread.

(Given that the Court is a public institution, and does not operate in a secretive or exclusive manner, accusations may NOT be submitted anonymously.)

COURT IS ADJOURNED.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
@Colonel Thunder

Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, answering all relevant questions posed by either attorney fully and accurately, to the best of your ability, no matter how tangential the relevance and however self-incriminating the answer may be, or else accept, before all forumers previous, future, and current, that your own worth is no greater than that of a gay-ass, baby-ass, stupid-ass, worthless-ass Czech pride stinking bitch?
I do, your Honor.
Emphasis mine. This is only a fair result, though... it feels a little cheap given the literal complete lack of a defense. I have carried out the sentence in accordance with the Right Honorable Justice Easy Rider's ruling.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
1553548100657.png

Oh, yeah. You're gonna be stuck with this for like... a while. Shit, this is the sorta thing where I could see myself making an alt account and naming it "TC" just to give these roles if you left the Discord.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
My earlier post had some emoticons that apparently didn't go through on mobile. The emoticons made my statement much more of a joking tone. Just wanted to clarify. Have since realized I drew first blood.

Requiem

This is why we use basic ascii still, TC. : P It solves all these newfangled problems. ; )

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Your Honor, I submit for the Court's consideration an extension of said status upon @Colonel Thunder as he has, to the best of my knowledge, in no tangible way redeemed himself for such awful actions as bamboozlery and committing perjury before the court.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Your Honor, I have not committed any offense since the last sentence was passed as is evident by the year-long gap since the court heard new accusations. I am remorseful of my heinous act, and I have been successfully rehabilitated.

The Hound

Just Monika
Actually you did commit a crime a few days ago when you went live on twitch and it notified everyone, we were going to bring it to court but we're tired of your rampant vindictive bamboozling being unpunished and the court showing no ability to curb your behavior.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Your Honor, I submit for the Court's consideration an extension of said status upon @Colonel Thunder as he has, to the best of my knowledge, in no tangible way redeemed himself for such awful actions as bamboozlery and committing perjury before the court.
Your Honor, I have not committed any offense since the last sentence was passed as is evident by the year-long gap since the court heard new accusations. I am remorseful of my heinous act, and I have been successfully rehabilitated.
Actually you did commit a crime a few days ago when you went live on twitch and it notified everyone, we were going to bring it to court but we're tired of your rampant vindictive bamboozling being unpunished and the court showing no ability to curb your behavior.
The objection is noted, and overruled in favor of Convict. The burden of proof does not fall upon Defendant to demonstrate reformation in the affirmative; in absence of evidence formally presented to the Court, given the length of time lapsed since last Convicted, rehabilitation is assumed.

Moderator @Tirin is, of course, able to disregard the rulings of the Judiciary in this matter, as many administrators in history have gone down in infamy for so doing before him. As such an action would grievously and permanently harm the legitimacy of current administration, however, I, as a Forum patriot, cannot but personally appeal against it. It is not only @Colonel Thunder's reputation held at stake, by any means; rather, it is the integrity of the Forum leadership entire. If we cannot accept reasonable boundaries and limitations to the punishments we enact upon each other, impartially determined based upon the level of grievance suffered by the initially offended among all parties, then we, as a people, are strictly worse than mere rabble.

I would have that our leadership, at least, is better than that.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
You are correct, Your Honor, in that I do have the ever-present option of teal Tirinny, but I would like to pursue another: namely, I do not believe that TC's status should be rescinded without a trial taking into account a review of some of his behavior in the elapsed period, as during the course of my objection and in direct relevance to the matter at hand Bob brought to light that:
Actually you (TC) did commit a crime a few days ago when you (TC) went live on twitch and it notified everyone, we (The Hound, possibly others) were going to bring it to court but we're (The Hound and others) tired of your (TC's) rampant vindictive bamboozling being unpunished and the court showing no ability to curb your (TC's) behavior.
This implies that TC had committed a crime in the "few days" (2-6) before Bob's post, displaying malice, dishonesty, and a lack of remorse in that time period and likely extending into before. Furthermore, such time would place the window of that alleged offense to include before your announcement of TC's "rehabilitation", which could possibly indicate he should have been ineligible for such a 'change of status' to begin with even per the Court's ruling on burden of proof. And though it pains me to be said, you must admit: the Court is known to take its time on many matters of justice, making it more than possible that some before now have been overlooked.

I will be frank, Your Honor. Forumers are losing faith in the ability of the Court as an institution to rehabilitate offenders, as Thunderclaw is as clear-cut a case of a rampant repeat bamboozler as this community has ever seen. If you cannot admit even the remote possibility that you may have had incomplete information on your ruling, or been deceived, that even the Court may have become victim to a bamboozle, and shut down this case despite it representing the will of the people, then it is you yourself who is choosing to take justice entirely into your own hands and actively smother it. If that is the case then I will have to resort to other means to ensure that justice is carried out in the name of all good and upstanding forumers.

For now I must humbly request that you allow this investigation and review and temporarily legally restore Thunderclaw's status as it is still in dispute, and would gladly offer myself to be prosecutor if there are no others who would do the job.

Top Bottom