Continuous The Forum Court (Tirin v. Thunder: Concluded)

Walrus

It is proper custom for the prosecution to give their opening statements prior to the defense. I spoke with my attorney privately during the past week and he assured me that he was waiting for the prosecution to present their case.

Firedemon

Walrus, as your lawyer I advise you to remain silent for the time being so as to not be held in contempt of court.

Your honor, the defense motions that these outbursts by the audience, jury, my client, and the prosecuting attorney's client, are inappropriate and should be stricken from the record.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Jurors, Attorneys, and (especially) the Defendant are all called to order.

That said...
Your honor, the defense motions that these outbursts by the audience, jury, my client, and the prosecuting attorney's client, are inappropriate and should be stricken from the record.
Overruled.

After multiple weeks, which were totally spent on thorough examination of the the case, and of common established standards for dealing with similar circumstances, it is the Court's view that such gross misconduct on the part of one or both Attorneys must necessarily result in a MISTRIAL. The Court is unable to confirm, beyond reasonable doubt, that either Prosecution or Defense, in this case, have made any sort of good-faith effort to perform their proper functions. Therefore, to minimize the possibility that illegitimate action, by either internal or external forces, be allowed to significantly influence the outcome of a Forum Court case, the trial will begin anew, with @Firedemon and @Jeroth being excluded from the list of potential Attorneys.

Hear ye, hear ye! Court is in session.

The Right Honorable Justice Easy Rider will now preside over the case of @Tirin v. @Walrus , concerning charges of Making False Statements brought forth by Moderator @Tirin . The Court now calls on both parties to name Prosecution and Defense for their case or, otherwise, waive the right to a representative, and pursue the case themselves.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Your Honor, physics is giving me an incredibly rough dicking right now. While I intend to waive the right to a representative, would it be possible to postpone this case until December 16th or later, so that I am able to effectively prosecute the ex-mayor?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Your Honor, physics is giving me an incredibly rough dicking right now. While I intend to waive the right to a representative, would it be possible to postpone this case until December 16th or later, so that I am able to effectively prosecute the ex-mayor?
I'll allow it. If there are no objections from the Accused, or (more importantly), anyone both willing and able to coherently argue to the contrary on his behalf, the Argument phase will be postponed until the 2nd of January, in the year 2017.

Summons will proceed as normal. @Walrus , you have until noon this Friday to find yourself a legal representative for the (re)trial.

Walrus

I kind of disappeared for a week (see: Spyfall). I would be happy to accept anyone interested in being a legal representative, but will represent myself if absolutely necessary.

Your Honor, with this deadline so imminent, at this moment it appears I will be representing myself. I would like to request permission to continue seeking representation in the weeks to come before arguments begin. I would also be happy to be assigned a public defender if one is available.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I kind of disappeared for a week (see: Spyfall). I would be happy to accept anyone interested in being a legal representative, but will represent myself if absolutely necessary.

Your Honor, with this deadline so imminent, at this moment it appears I will be representing myself. I would like to request permission to continue seeking representation in the weeks to come before arguments begin. I would also be happy to be assigned a public defender if one is available.
I'll allow it.

The Hound

Just Monika
Not sure if nobody wanted to defend Walrus or if nobody wanted to argue with Tirin. Both are equally plausible.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
As mentioned previously I will be representing myself, as well as the common interests of all good-hearted forumers.

Top Bottom