Ended The Great War - Mafia 1917 [SCUM WIN]

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Take your bets now. Am I a scheming member of the House of Lords in the UK or a fucking German.
Yeah, I'd bet for a Swiss banker. If it was Dunsparce Zapy writing the story, I'd also go all-in on you being Jewish. And then your conspiracy gets uncovered and you just barely fail to plug the leak at the end, setting up the sequel.
So somebody other than Tirin has a move.

Cool.

I'd like to hear from @Jeroth before I get into any heavy analysis.
Agreed.

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'd like to hear from @Jeroth before I get into any heavy analysis.
Chiming in to apologize: I've been really busy this weekend. My day yesterday consisted of going to see Walrus when I got done work, heading back to South Jersey and then picking up this girl I've been dating to spend time with. By time I got home, TC wanted to do sound checks.

Today, I'm going to be going to work, playing (Not DM'ing!) D&D after work, then I'm going to be visiting a friend who came up from Georgia for the winter break.

For now, I'll bust out a mini post for you and @Easy

Couple of things. First of all, I can confirm that Tirin is town or at the very least not scum.
What? That's skeptical. Assuming there's some sort of balance in this, I doubt there's another primary informative like a cop. The only alternate is if you were a deputy who got promoted when the UK died. Either that or you're a tracker/watcher which is a secondary informative role, which does nothing in this role madness of a game.

Second on Tag Ross:

Once again, my apologies. I have no fucking idea what he's on about. I see U-Boat talks being tossed around and I'm clueless as to what his role is. There's a lot of flavor text in his post on page 8 that's almost distracting, whether he's trying to go for a "subtle" Dunsparce Mercy a la Overwatch Mafia, but I'm oblivious to those clues. At the very least, he seems to have a connection to the UK.

_ _ _ _ _

As far as my personal day 1 suspicions that carried over, it's just Anatron and Maretocks.

Maretocks has gone AWOL this entire day, but I have Anatron poking me to post. On top of that:

Based on last Night's performance, I have to assume that we have a Doctor, and a good one. If you are about to be lynched, please claim.
This just rubbed me the wrong way. There's no deaths in the first night and Anatron is coaxing the doctor to claim if he's being lynched. There's nothing inherently wrong about the statement; I would rather have our potential doctor alive and outed than dead by our hands. It just doesn't sit right with me at all.

_ _ _ _ _

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
He's telling the (hypothetical) Doctor to claim only if the dude's about to get lynched anyway. Nobody was more committed to lynching Null, regardless of what potential future excuses he came up with, than I was - but even I'd have seriously reconsidered the idea if he'd outright claimed Cop and nobody counter claimed him. We may very well not have lost Null's role, which turned out to be even more important than a standard issue Cop, if he'd done what Anatron's telling the Doc to do if he ends up in the same situation.

So no, man. I don't FoS that shit. FoS Riyant instead, for apparently wanting more power roles to play like the late Null Hypothesis did (RIP).

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Now that I think about it... Unlynch Tag Ross, and Lynch Chickenspleen. He's been trying to make friends out of me and Easy so far this game, he was one of the two prime suspects pushing hard to lynch Zircom, he's revealed a fat dick-all about who targeted me or what I was targeted by; it'd be a very uncommon role variant to only learn that I was targeted, and frankly if I was targeted by scum I'd probably be dead already. Despite this, he seems pretty confident in saying I'm town based off of this low-quality information. He also hasn't posted at all since getting called out on how that makes no sense.

I wonder why that could be...?

Anatronman

Assuming there's some sort of balance in this, I doubt there's another primary informative like a cop. The only alternate is if you were a deputy who got promoted when the UK died. Either that or you're a tracker/watcher which is a secondary informative role, which does nothing in this role madness of a game.
I hadn't thought of the deputy angle before this post. It's certainly unorthodox, and I'm not sure which nation would be considered the UK's deputy in this context; I'm more inclined to believe @Chickenspleen is a Watcher, which is a nice low-tech role for a century old conflict. If that's the case, he should have a more full report available.

the only people who knew for sure he was a Townie beforehand were the Mafia
Nobody benefits from being called a Townie without a full report. Without a Cop available, the Mafia are free to confirm Townies and Teammates at their discretion, and scum hunting alone will never beat an un-CCable info role. With a confirmable report, we would at least have two competing narratives to analyze. I'm less inclined to believe Tirin is a Townie with only half a report.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Now that I think about it... Unlynch Tag Ross, and Lynch Chickenspleen. He's been trying to make friends out of me and Easy so far this game, he was one of the two prime suspects pushing hard to lynch Zircom, he's revealed a fat dick-all about who targeted me or what I was targeted by; it'd be a very uncommon role variant to only learn that I was targeted, and frankly if I was targeted by scum I'd probably be dead already. Despite this, he seems pretty confident in saying I'm town based off of this low-quality information. He also hasn't posted at all since getting called out on how that makes no sense.

I wonder why that could be...?
Apart from the last point, I was thinking among these same lines myself. (Not enough time has gone by to get all sus about the lack of response, given how many of us got busy day jobs nowadays.)

But yeah. Chickenspleen, show me what you got. This half-assed pseudo-confirm on Tirin thing looks pretty sketchy from here.

Chickenspleen

This is probably pushing it in terms of the roleclaiming rules, but I'm not a cop, or a doctor, or a roleblocker, or a watcher. It doesn't fit precisely, but I would say that my role is closest to bodyguard. Last night I protected Tirin since he didn't read as scummy to me and he seems useful for figuring things out. In the morning I learned in quick succession that my action had been successful and that no one had died that night. My immediate assumption was that the mafia had attempted to kill Tirin and I had prevented that from happening. Thinking about it now, I don't really have a lot of information to go with other than that Tirin was targeted and that targeting failed. This could technically mean that he was a mafia member whose action I protected from being blocked, but I find it less likely since nobody died last night.

Anatronman

Your reading of your role makes you sound like a Doctor, and if you can’t protect yourself your claim is somewhat suicidal.

It sounds like you successfully protected Tirin and you have no confirmation of whether he was targeted. Is that correct?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Brb lynching Chickenspleen.

Chickenspleen

Your reading of your role makes you sound like a Doctor, and if you can’t protect yourself your claim is somewhat suicidal.

It sounds like you successfully protected Tirin and you have no confirmation of whether he was targeted. Is that correct?
It does read a lot like a Doctor, but what threw me off is that(and I might really be pushing the rules here) the role doesn't specify that I'm protecting someone from being killed. You're correct in that I didn't have specific confirmation whether Tirin was targeted, but I feel like him being targeted would be a prerequisite for my action to be successful.

Anatronman

So I guess the only confirmation we can get out of this is whether Tirin’s Night Action went through. Which doesn’t prove anything about whether he’s a Townie.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
If no one comes clean on targeting Tirin, then that means it was scum that targeted him, right? In which case Chicken's story is likely true, and we can put Tirin and Chicken at the top of our "likely to be town" list. Otherwise, Chickenis hella sus.

Haven't thought it over much, but does that make sense?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
So I guess the only confirmation we can get out of this is whether Tirin’s Night Action went through. Which doesn’t prove anything about whether he’s a Townie.
Don't have one. I'm vanilla townie with a twist.

By the way, Chickenspleen - you should, y'know, ask Andy about confirmation about your role if you're not clear, so you can paraphrase it better. Can't say I'm super confident about you "bending the rules" instead of just waiting and clarifying so as to give us a better analogy. In any case, bodyguards prettymuch universally die for the player they protect - like a worse doctor.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Plus there's an implication that he blocks players from being targeted by other actions than just nightkills. Not necessarily something we even want to have around.

Chickenspleen's either lying, or making terrifyingly reckless assumptions while also having a high-risk, high-reward power role. Not too bad a lynch either way.

Tag_Ross

If no one comes clean on targeting Tirin, then that means it was scum that targeted him, right?
Or it could be a doctor, or something, which wouldn't prove Tirin's alignment and would expose their role. They could say they targeted Tirin without revealing their role, but that could make them look scummy, and with Tirin claiming to be semi-vanilla townie they might not see it as a high enough value to put themselves into a threatening position.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Yeah, this right here is some deplorable shit.

Hey guys, how about posting? @AndyM03 should start throwing out the modkills if people keep at this shit, it makes for the worst fucking mafia slog imaginable. Nothing to point fingers at, nothing to call out as a slipup, just... tedium.

@Chickenspleen you ask Andy for clarification about your role yet? No? Yes?

Top Bottom