Ended The Great War - Mafia 1917 [SCUM WIN]

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
ALRIGHT I GOT A DAY OFF AND NOW HERE I AM, FUCKBOIS AND FUCKMEN.
I'd also like to point a special FoS at Easy, because he's been creepily silent other than joke-y posts.
Cough, cough, (bullshit), cough. Okay, first of all, y'should lynch Null because:
Fine, fucker, but I still ain't happy about it and it totally wouldn't have happened if you hadn't showed up all like "Eyy Easy, let's get drunk and talk shit while playing Overwatch with muh nerd herd!"
THIS wasn't a jokey post. That right there was nothing but 100% pure, grade-A fact juice (albeit concentrated). Also,
Unlynch Tirin cause I depleted most of a handle of my own volition even if it's totally his fault,and Lynch Null for getting, like, one bullshit vote on him, and acting like he just got a bounty put on his head or some shit.
THIS part of that post wasn't even remotely joke-like. Check this shit out:
Somehow I missed how my name was spelled in the OP until now.

It still feels early to cast a vote, but I might not be alive when I get a chance to check in again. Therefor lynch Jeroth for trying to lynch me.
The fuck? Dude gets hit with rando mudslinging while everyone's just bullshitting around, and therefore decides he might be about to die? Like we're gonna wagon on that shit? Please.

At the time of the above-quoted post, Null apparently had a lot more reason to believe he'd be a good choice of lynch than we did, and far be it for me to challenge the man's own scum-reads on himself. And then it just kept getting better;
Unlynch Jeroth, lynch Zircom.

I have to agree with everyone's reasoning on this.
Oh, you do? Very reluctant to agree, yet grudgingly forced to concede that this must be the right course of action?
Unlynch Zircom and I'll hold my vote for now until I have more to work with.
...no, apparently not. Turns out that was just you being a fake-ass lovable black man, who is my friend.
honestly I'm just happy Easy's not another Day 1 lightning rod.
Yeah? Well, SCUM WOULD BE, since we fuckin' wiped 'em after that shit.
I'd be more sus of Easy's earlier quietness, but considering we've come to the same conclusions so far I don't have a reason to put him in my top 3.
Really, though, as covered a number of times in that game, scumhunting plays aren't gonna work if you explain them beforehand. So I can't be doing the same super-special strat plays for two games in a row, even if I'd had the time to, which I absolutely hella didn't this time. Leaving home for work just before sunrise, leaving work for home hours after sunset. (Like I was then, admittedly, but with work being a hell of a lot busier so I couldn't sneak in a bunch of time on my phone for this one.)

On the bright side, check out this dope ass sunrise I stopped to get a picture of Tuesday morning, on the way to work. Good, right?
He also didn't include himself on there. Very suspicious.
#14/15#NeverForget

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I was waiting to see how things played out. Day one is always a cap shoot, you look scummy if you speak up and you look scummy if you don't.

FoS Easy
when I flip town for his fantastic day one detective skills.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, this coming from the dude who was gonna kill Zircom for such excellent reasons. Whateva, man, get lynched.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
This is a little repetitive, but currently Null is the only player to be accused of multiple instances of scummy behavior, and he has not adequately defended his actions. Tomorrow I want to probe into some still open questions such as FD being absent despite claiming he was excited to be more active in this game. But for today, I am confident in the Null lynch.

Unlynch Maretocks, Lynch Null

Chickenspleen

H’okay, let’s get down to business here.

Whenever there's some kind of suspicion on me, I usually end up digging myself a deeper and deeper hole whenever I open my figurative mouth, so I'm gonna try to refrain from doing that here.

I'm speaking up now partially because I'm probably screwed if I don't and partially because HOLY FUCK WE NEED TO MAKE A DECISION HERE. I'm always a proponent of lynching on Day 1 since it gives us concrete knowledge of two roles by the second day. Right now, though, we're kind of nowhere.

As far as I can tell, the current count is:
Zircom - 2 (Jeroth, Chicken)
TC - 2 (FD, Zircom)
Chicken - 2 (Tag, Anatron)
Null - 2 (Easy, Tirin)
Maretocks - 1 (TC)
Jeroth - 1 (Maretocks)

That's a lot of indecisiveness for being barely more than a day from the deadline. Only Zircom, TC, Null, and myself have more than one person, so unless the game shifts monumentally in the next day, I'm going to assume one of those players is going down or no one at all. Right off the bat I'm gonna unlynch Zircom. I still find him kind of suspicious, but there are other, more suspicious people around.

Just gonna give a breakdown of every other player and why they are or aren't suspicious to me:
Tirin - Tirin starts off immediately by lynching Null with no reason given. That's kind of weird, but I don't find it super suspicious(although, strangely enough, Null ended up lynching Jeroth for OMGUS rather than Tirin, who was the first person to lynch him for no reason). He quickly switches to me, now with some form of joking justification. Later, he gets drunk and switches to Easy, then to TC. He makes his first non-joke lynch on Zircom, making a slightly questionable statement about lynching TC in the process. It doesn't seem too suspicious to me, though. More like standard Tirin fare. The bandwagon comes for Zircom and Tirin jumps off, finding other, more suspicious people more worth his time. He eventually settles on Null, which is where he is right now. I don't see anything super scummy about Tirin's actions at this point.

Firedemon - FD starts out by jumping on the not-yet bandwagon of TC. This is Firedemon, so that's to be expected. Since then, he has not changed his lynch and has added nothing to the conversation except to reaffirm his TC lynch and to cast suspicion on the person who would theoretically hammer TC. I have to say, FD going off the map like he has is a pretty suspicious, but based on his early posting I think it might just be outside circumstances rather than a concerted effort. He's a little scummy, but there are bigger fish to fry.

Easy -
Easy summed up his own activity pretty well in his masterpost above. A lot of people are saying he's been too quiet and too jokey, but those don't ring as particularly valid to me. He hasn't been as talkative as he could be, but he has given reasons for that, and he has added a lot to the discussion regardless. I don't find Easy very suspicious at all for now.

TC -
TC starts off by lynching Firedemon. Again, to be expected. In response to this, I inadvertently start a bandwagon that almost kills him(oops). While this is going on, TC switches his vote to Jeroth for a really stupid reason that I wouldn't have questioned in the joke lynch stage but which seems to be enough for TC to warrant a place on his susometer. I'unno. TC then makes some nifty RP posts that kind of turn into a vague roleclaim, but more in a jokey sense than a serious one, so I'm gonna let that slide. At this point, TC realizes he's about to die for a really stupid reason and makes everyone aware of this. The TC bandwagon falls apart in favor of a Zircom bandwagon. Now TC wants to slow that bandwagon down as well until he can hear from Zircom and Maretocks. Good on him. After hearing from Zircom, he switches his lynch to Maretocks, where it remains to this day. Which is kind of weird, since Maretocks is so low on his susometer. Eh, whatever, it's a pseudoscience anyway. I don't find TC super suspicious. His suspicion of Firedemon seems a bit hasty to me, but again, that's to be expected.

Jeroth -
Jeroth goes after Null first, "for having a special name". He then hops onto the Zircom bandwagon fairly early on, and he remains there even now. Actually, I didn't realize until going back through the thread how little Jeroth has said. He's only made three posts, and one was a joke lynch. I don't think his contributions have been significant or insignificant enough to really convince me either way which side he's on.

Anatron -
Anatron starts off with a joke lynch in the middle of the Drunk Tirin saga, which is perfectly fine for that stage of the game. Then he disappears for some time and comes back with a post that makes me immediately suspicious of him. I'll admit, it might have been a gut reaction to him lynching me, but I agree that my actions could easily have been read as suspicious. What got me, I think, was his immediate jump to the defense of Maretocks, justifying it with things like "the lurking wasn't too heavy" and "Jeroth passed him over in the OP". What the hell does that even mean? Actually, I think that post is the only reason I'm suspicious of both Anatron and Maretocks. Anatron doesn't really do anything super suspicious after that post, aside from briefly switching to a joke vote less than two days from the time limit, but that doesn't last very long, so eh.

Tag - I'm getting tired of writing big blocks of text about each person, so I'll just say that Tag doesn't seem suspicious to me. He's remained mostly jokey throughout the game, but I don't find that super scummy coming from him.

Maretocks -
Maretocks is absolutely silent for days, then shows up, makes two joke lynches in quick succession, and promptly disappears again. You could argue this is just him being inactive and not being very invested in the game, which is perfectly valid, but it's also not enough to so easily dismiss him as many people seem to be doing. Maretocks certainly isn't my number one most suspicious person, but I wouldn't let him off so easily.

Null - There's nothing I can say here that wasn't already covered in Easy's masterpost above, and Null's response to said post is the icing on the cake. Probably the most suspicious player this round and one of the people with two lynch votes to boot.

Zircom -
While I find Zircom's actions in the TC bandwagon suspicious, I think what he did can just as easily be chalked up to hopping on a bandwagon without realizing how close to a lynch it was. I myself went and did the exact same thing shortly after. So again, I might keep looking at Zircom funny, but I think there's definitely better options. Or at least a better option.

In conclusion, FoS Anatron, FoS Maretocks, lynch Null.

God, I spent like two hours writing this stupid post.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Day one is always a crap shoot
Well, true enough.

you look scummy if you speak up and you look scummy if you don't.
Not so true, it's really a lot more of the latter unless you speak up and do really dumb, scummy shit. Technically, not speaking up doesn't outright make you look scummy - just lazy and/or disinterested, which makes it good cover for scum, and therefore it is inferred that you are scummy.

THIS part of that post wasn't even remotely joke-like. Check this shit out:

The fuck? Dude gets hit with rando mudslinging while everyone's just bullshitting around, and therefore decides he might be about to die? Like we're gonna wagon on that shit? Please.

At the time of the above-quoted post, Null apparently had a lot more reason to believe he'd be a good choice of lynch than we did, and far be it for me to challenge the man's own scum-reads on himself. And then it just kept getting better;
Fair, but ultimately not exceptionally relevant; people make stupid mistakes in this game all the time, especially people who've been out of it for a while.

Oh, you do? Very reluctant to agree, yet grudgingly forced to concede that this must be the right course of action?

...no, apparently not. Turns out that was just you being a fake-ass lovable black man, who is my friend.
Way to be utterly convincing by pointing out what everybody else already mentioned.

I'm speaking up now partially because I'm probably screwed if I don't
This is just... a massive overreaction. There are two votes each on four players (technically, three on Null as of forty minutes before your post), and the two on you are Tag and Anatron while Easy and I are lynching Null. What world do you live in, where that constitutes imminent danger?

Tirin - Tirin starts off immediately by lynching Null. He makes his first non-joke lynch on Zircom. The bandwagon comes for Zircom and Tirin jumps off, finding other, more suspicious people more worth his time. He eventually settles on Null, which is where he is right now. I don't see anything super scummy about Tirin's actions at this point.
Removed all the non-relevant crap. "Getting the ball rolling" is more than reason enough to put out a lynch, especially given how disgustingly inactive some of you people have been in this and past games. I'd like to point out that there's nothing questionable about getting somebody lynched, by the way, and I neither hammered nor threatened it.

Easy - Easy summed up his own activity pretty well in his masterpost above. A lot of people are saying he's been too quiet and too jokey, but those don't ring as particularly valid to me. He hasn't been as talkative as he could be, but he has given reasons for that, and he has added a lot to the discussion regardless.
Null - There's nothing I can say here that wasn't already covered in Easy's masterpost above, and Null's response to said post is the icing on the cake. Probably the most suspicious player this round and one of the people with two lynch votes to boot.
Damn, dude, are you trying to grind your dickriding skill? Easy's done all of one thing, you're giving him way too much credit - we don't know yet whether or not that thing has been effective, and even if so he can't take all of the credit just 'cause he threw out a lynch and later agreed with everybody going on that lynch. Null's response is some hot garbage, though, especially with "If I'm town, Easy is scummy because he is continuing to lynch me because I made myself look sus as hell". Nah, man.

I'm gonna file this one under "strange but true". Plenty of people are in the same boat at this stage, including Tag and Maretocks; I'm looking for more info.

God, I spent like two hours writing this stupid post.
Get outta that habit. Make things more concise, less need for quotebominations like this post.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Fair, but ultimately not exceptionally relevant; people make stupid mistakes in this game all the time, especially people who've been out of it for a while.
Yeah, but it was the most relevant thing at the time. Good enough even for the end of Day 1 in some cases, more than good enough for the beginning.
Way to be utterly convincing by pointing out what everybody else already mentioned.
OH, SO I REALLY DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING AFTER ALL?

That said, I think the latter part was actually just me at that point. Far as I recall, the only other person to comment on Null's overly casual un-lynch of Zircom was Anatron, calling it "a smart play."
Damn, dude, are you trying to grind your dickriding skill? Easy's done all of one thing, you're giving him way too much credit - we don't know yet whether or not that thing has been effective, and even if so he can't take all of the credit just 'cause he threw out a lynch and later agreed with everybody going on that lynch. Null's response is some hot garbage, though, especially with "If I'm town, Easy is scummy because he is continuing to lynch me because I made myself look sus as hell". Nah, man.
Damn, @Chickenspleen , now you've made him jealous.

Anatronman

I was probably too generous with my defense of Maretocks, but that was mostly as a reaction to all the more scummy behavior going on when the finger got pointed at him. There are plenty of better targets than the barely active, especially in opening moments of the game.

Jeroth doesn't seem to agree with me about the significance of picking out one player for an arbitrary reason when other targets are available.

Unlynching Zircom was as important as unlynching TC. As it is, there needs to be a lot of discussion before enough people switch votes in order to end the Day.

AndyM03

Lynch Tally

Null - 4 (Easy, Tirin, TC, Chicken)
TC - 2 (FD, Zircom)
Chicken - 2 (Tag, Anatron)
Zircom - 1 (Jeroth)
Jeroth - 1 (Maretocks)

Majority is 6 to Lynch
I will remove the time limit for now, it holds at 23 Hours. Trench Warfare Inactivity will start it again, with some buffer time. Feel free to tag players you wish to engage more in discussion.

Zircom

Guys, half the players aren't on that list. I only put players who's sus actions I remembered. And several players haven't even been accused of sus actions, so your nitpicking is dumb.
*puts on tinfoil hat* not to nitpick but half the players aren't missing from that list, it's literally just you, tag and anatron, which conveniently is the same number as the three major axis powers. Your sudden lack of basic math skills and attempted downplaying is very suspicious.

Chickenspleen

Wait, but this is WWI. The Central Powers would be Germany, Austria-Hungary, the Ottoman Empire, and Bulgaria. So four is actually the perfect amount.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Gee, Chickenspleen, what an astute observation. Clearly you've figured out all the scum in this game from TC being incompetent. Ignore that four scum out of eleven is imba as shit, especially since (presumably) more than one of them has an ability.

He's right in that nobody's accused me of being outright suspicious, by the way. You're welcome if you wanna, I just think you're dumb if you do based on what I've done today - which, of course, is all you would have to go on.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
"Central Powers" is really more of a misnomer if we're including Bulgaria, anyway.

Tag_Ross

I kinda wanna hammer and get this day over with, and null is pretty suspicious, but I've still got my eyes on chicken, U ain't gonna sink me.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That would make me want to unlynch you, if it weren't for the fact that you played really bad this game whether town or scum. God willing, it's the latter.

Firedemon

Yeah, uh, sorry guys was lazy. Need to unlazy for the rest of the day.

Wait, but this is WWI. The Central Powers would be Germany, Austria-Hungary, the Ottoman Empire, and Bulgaria. So four is actually the perfect amount.
Yeah, but it's 1917. No more Ottomans. Bulgaria, Austria-Hungary, and Germany were still a thing though.

Which also means no Gallipoli. Unlynch TC. Lynch Andy.

Screw you assholes, last night you drank all the medical supplies for the western front!
Only people on the western front using alcohol for medicine are the Germans. Lynch TC harder
My bad guys, we still have a box full of bibles and bonesaws. That's medicine aplenty.
TC dodging legitimate scum accusations. Unlynch Andy. Lynch TC harder.

Lynch TC for being actively hostile and using inappropriate, caustic language.
In agreement with everyone else at the time, actually putting TC to hammer-1 is a little suspicious. But at the same time, I think Zircom is a memelord and didn't actually notice that. But that would be a good cover. Meh.

Wait, hold the fuck on. Why would America even be in the game at this point?

Seems to me this must be #FakeNews.

FoS TC again.
I heard there was oil, so I'm here to give you some freedom for it. Just point me towards the sandbox you want destabilized.
As Chickenspleen pointed out, TC doesn't know how to be America because this is what the Brits were busy with. During and immediately after the war. TC is clearly fakeclaiming the US. Lynch TC harder.

RIP League of Nations by the way.

Unlynch TC, Lynch chickenspleen

Seriously dude? Jumping off the TC ship with everyone just to jump on the next one that looks like it's picking up steam?

A Captain must always go down with his ship, and you're jumping to a life raft called easy lynch(not the player)

Looks to me like you're cruisin for a bruisin. Now I'm gonna captain this ship and nothing's gonna blow me outta these waters, I've got all the munitions we need to call you shady AF, and that's more than enough for D1.

Unlynch [female chicken emoji], Lynch [drumstick emoji]
And with all this talk of ships, Tag is obviously the British Empire. I also find what Tag is referring to, Chickenspleen putting Zircom at hammer-1 solely for Zircom doing the same thing to TC, kinda suspicious. Actually, a lot suspicious. And as Zircom and Tirin point out shortly after this, Null is a little suspicious as well for putting that to hammer-2. And then more suspicious (same for Chickenspleen) for having nothing at all to say about that.

By the way, I do recognize that I'm offering basically no original analysis so far. I am however at least giving you guys a sense of where I stand on notable events, so you can at least check the "FD didn't say something completely stupid and scummy" box.

(I went to eat in the middle of writing this, so this following half of the post is about an hour later and I may therefore have minor inconsistencies in how severely I feel about certain things)

Here, TC slanders my good name by accusing me of "bandwagoning" when I was the 2nd vote and everyone knew it was coming from the moment we were both signed up. He also claims I don't have good reason, even though everyone would agree that a Day 1 TC Lynch is top kek.

Lynch TC harder.

But I do agree that Easy's quietness seems a little uncharacteristic - albeit relieving after that novel you fuckers wrote last game - and Null's panic OMGUS and severe bandwagoning are highly suspicious as I mull this over more. Chicken's bandwagoning as well.

FD clamming up is somewhat suspicious considering that he isn't silenced.

Null and Chicken going quiet after two bandwagons is looking like a bad move considering the time limit.

With that being said Unlynch TC; Lynch Chicken again barring a more scummy action in the next 24~ hours
I plead laziness, but at least I didn't do something pretty suspicious before disappearing.

On the bright side, check out this dope ass sunrise I stopped to get a picture of Tuesday morning, on the way to work. Good, right?
2/10 would not admire again. Lynch TC harder or something.

I was waiting to see how things played out. Day one is always a cap shoot, you look scummy if you speak up and you look scummy if you don't.

FoS Easy
when I flip town for his fantastic day one detective skills.
While I don't particularly disagree with the first sentiment, by speaking as town you are playing to the town win condition even on day 1. You benefit the town by speaking and therefore providing some form of information, even if all you do is meme lynch TC harder the entire time, because you are allowing other town players to draw some conclusions about you.

No good way to defend myself at this point, I just played really bad this game.
Too soon. RIP Req. But I can't accept giving up as a defense, even though I kind of agree that you have no real defense and I don't really want to lynch you day 1 as someone who just came back. But at the same time, if I saw the defense, or any of us saw a defense you could make, why would we lynch you? So my agreement that you can't defend yourself from this is kind of irrelevant.

Unlynch

I'm gonna once over this a little more and more critically examine Chickenspleen and Easy's posts above, probably respond to them, then hammer Null if no one else has done it or offered a compelling reason to not. Just trying to not get scooped by a hammer and not be able to post a real thing until day 2.

Top Bottom