The Vote: The Actual Vote!

Which voting system would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Alright, kids, it's time to vote. Pick one or two of the options above; note that votes cannot be changed at any point.

-Direct voting: forumers vote on every candidate in a vote in a single thread, and get one vote each. If no clear winner is selected, all but the top candidates are eliminated and a new round of voting commences.

-Indirect voting: forumers vote on every candidate in a vote in a single thread, and may select multiple candidates. If no clear winner is selected, all but the candidates tied for the top are eliminated and a new round of voting commences.

-Elimination voting: forumers vote directly on pairs (or trios) of candidates across multiple rounds, with one vote each per round.

-Preferential voting: forumers vote by PMing a designated official (who posts them at the end) and rank each candidate from first to last pick. Each first pick is counted, and then the forumer with the lowest number of votes eliminated; ballots for the losing candidate are then redistributed to their second choice and the process repeats again until one candidate has at least 50% of the votes.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Note that, in the interests of getting shit done, this poll's only lasting for three days. Get your votes in quick, folks!

Elliot

Confirmed Robot
You spoke too soon, TC. Poll closes in two days in any case, we can see where the chips fall at that point.

Firedemon

I like how we're having an indirect vote to determine what vote to use for the actual vote, and of course indirect voting is losing badly. Meanwhile, TC is proposing we continue the indirect voting process by eliminating indirect voting, as if that's some novel idea.

Walrus

Why I like Elimination: The drama of bracket debates and candidates that are no longer in the running making exclamations or potentially swinging their support another way (at the risk of dragging the campaign for too long and losing voter interest)

Why I like Preferential: Streamlined vote that still has a strong sense of ranking (at the risk of less room for candidate interactions throughout the voting process; interactions will need to happen PRIOR to voting...I wonder if delayed one at a time reveals of the eliminations from the vote would make for a more dramatic preferential experience?)

No matter which way we do, I still want to properly engage my fellow candidates in a recorded setting before this campaign is over. So far I have only verbally spoken to Rondait regarding this campaign, and in a fairly spur of the moment "winged" manner. There is so much policy to discuss, and so many differences/similarities in opinion to unveil.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Well... we have a tie, so I've created a new thread for the vote between direct and preferential voting. Go ahead and use that, thanks.

Top Bottom