[Art] They Could be Heros

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Got the new page up. Didn't get much time to work on it this weekend with the holidays and all. I had to force myself to get it done, one of the down sides to being your own boss.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
The slight fade makes for an interesting transition but at the same time it's confusing at first glance. Also, what the fuck? Random ass demon taking a baby?

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I feel like that was a bit out of the blue too. It just felt like "Here's a random demon to show the characters don't care about babies".

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
The fade transition did bother me on that last comic and I really only kept it there for consistency. It might be worth my time to go back and add a clear break between panels on all the pages to make them look cleaner. It usually looks fine, but this was the first time I had more then three panels on a page.

As for the random demon thing. Minor Spoilers. It was intentionally out of the blue. There's a lot of crazy stuff happening beyond the kobolds they are investigating and demon sighing are going to become more frequent in the future. I may have to explain their reaction a bit more on a later page. They don't necessarily don't care about babies it's just they know taking on a demon, even a small one, is way beyond their skill set and they would prefer to look tough instead of admitting their inadequacy.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
The little introspective was pretty neat. When I saw the demon I knew that it meant that shit must be going down at that town they're camping outside of. It's just really strange to see our characters preparing for an adventure and then suddenly this little tangent appears so strongly out of nowhere.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
New page is up. Our would be adventurers find out that saving some coin and camping outside the town might not have been the best idea.

I'm trying new formatting on the pages. It make the breaks between panels much clearer. if you guys like it i will continue to use it and I will go back and update the previous pages since it wouldn't take long to convert them to the new style and I like consistency.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
The new breaks are much cleaner and easier to understand. Sure they're not the coolest breaks but they function well.

As my thoughts on the page; they ran into a thief and a liar. Nice try bro.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
New page up. My Thursdays and Sundays are becoming my most tightly scheduled days of the week, so if it hasn't become apparent they've become more of a soft deadline. I'll try to release on around those days, but it may not be might not be on the day exactly. Whatever days I end up posting on I still will post twice a week.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Page 25 is up. On one hand 25 pages seems like an accomplishment. On the other hand I look at my outline and notes and realize this adventure has barely gotten started. At this rate it might be a few years before I finish just Book 1. I should be wrapping up the writing for Book 2 in a few months maybe longer and if all things go well starting Book 3.

Top Bottom