Thoughts on Week 1 of the Trumpocalypse?

Zapy97

Praise Kek!

Edit* He is following through with his campaign promises which pleases me to a degree. Everything is really as I expected such as having naff diplomacy skills. Although my favorite part is probably so far returning the Winston Churchill bust to its rightful place in the oval office. I would be down for a second civil war, would be another great chance to beat up on democrat traitors. The Doomsday clock adjustment is just blatant scaremongering and kinda stupid in my opinion.

Trump totally isn't anti-islam and pro-nazi. Totally.
He is just Pro-american. :p

Last edited:

Zapy97

Yes, yes, your meme magic got the president elected, I bet you're awfully proud.

Good luck with your mess of a country.
Well he isn't my first pick but he isn't Hillary. 2016 is the year shitposters wrote history and it has been a wild comedic ride. We are gonna make America Great again whether you like it or not.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I don't think the first week of Hillary's presidency would've seen her executive orders condemned by the governments of just about every country and millions of people protesting on top of general civil unrest and accusations of corruption.

I know that Donald Trump isn't gonna make America great again, with or without you; he has no fucking idea how to do it and he's clearly not taking suggestions. As an aside - if you really think that 4chan is what delivered him the win (rather than the Russians, the FBI, or Wikileaks), you don't know shit.

Zapy97

I don't think the first week of Hillary's presidency would've seen her executive orders condemned by the governments of just about every country and millions of people protesting on top of general civil unrest and accusations of corruption.

I know that Donald Trump isn't gonna make America great again, with or without you; he has no fucking idea how to do it and he's clearly not taking suggestions. As an aside - if you really think that 4chan is what delivered him the win (rather than the Russians, the FBI, or Wikileaks), you don't know shit.
Just like how you said Trump would lose? :p

Firedemon

Just like how you said Trump would lose? :p
I mean, no one actually called Trump winning the way he did. Trump supporters were sending thank you emails to FiveThirtyEight because they were generally giving Trump a better chance, which was still only 30% on election day.

Praise Kek!

Edit* He is following through with his campaign promises which pleases me to a degree. Everything is really as I expected such as having naff diplomacy skills. Although my favorite part is probably so far returning the Winston Churchill bust to its rightful place in the oval office. I would be down for a second civil war, would be another great chance to beat up on democrat traitors. The Doomsday clock adjustment is just blatant scaremongering and kinda stupid in my opinion.
I can appreciate kept promises*, but he seems to have this idea he can do whatever he wants. He lost the popular vote. By a lot. And went into office historically unpopular. There is a long list of governments being overthrown because of leaders not appreciating their unpopularity.

*Though lately I've felt that campaign promises are a fundamentally flawed concept perfectly exemplified by this election, which I may write about more in another thread

He is just Pro-american. :p
If he were Pro-American he wouldn't be gutting* our domestic counter-terrorism program. Best case scenario he's an idiot obsessed with external threats. Worst case scenario, he recognizes that most domestic terrorists (white supremacists and people like those guys who occupied that wildlife refuge) do in fact support him and wants them around to suppress his political enemies and as his backup plan if shit goes down. IF Trump actually does this, IF, I will begin referring to him as a Nazi. He has one in the White House with him**, and after doing this he will have actively acted in their favor in a very obvious way.

*Do note this hasn't happened yet and this is essentially just a leak that may or may not come to pass, but since you've taken it seriously enough to imply it as a reason for him to be "Pro-American"...
**Steve Bannon has around a 95% chance of being a Nazi.

It's also really hard to call him Pro-American when he has zero regard for fundamental principles of our country. His travel ban, as I mentioned earlier, has exceptions and preferential treatment for non-Muslisms* worked into it, which is in violation of the very first clause of the First Amendment. One might think Freedom of Religion is important in a country founded by Enlightenment Era thinkers, many of whom weren't even Christian**. The enforcement of that order has also violated the Sixth*** and Fourteenth**** Amendments, both of which protect fundamental principles of our legal system. He's also very successfully identified the wrong countries to be banning travel from. If he were really out to protect us from foreign terrorists, as misguided as this approach is, he would have banned travel from the countries previous terrorists have actually come from. Like Saudi Arabia, the home country of most of the 9/11 attackers.

*He words it as "religious minorities [in the country of origin]", meaning it's effectively non-Muslims. Even if it were a more religiously diverse set of countries and wasn't actually effectively for non-Muslims, the issue still stands.
**Many of them were Deists. This country was absolutely not founded on Judeo-Christian values like Conservatives say; it was founded and influenced much more by the Roman Republic (mind you they were Pagan back then) and Ancient Greece. Hell, even the Iroquois influenced our government; their constitution has some noticeable similarities to our own.
***You have the right to be informed of the charges against you. This is impossible because no charges were brought against those detained at airports.
****You cannot be deprived of liberty without due process of law. This is impossible because no charges were brought against those detained at airports.

AndyM03

Everything is really as I expected such as having naff diplomacy skills.
If you think that's acceptable for an American president in this day and age you're living in another world mate.
Trump recently just put our Prime Minister on blast,
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/feb/02/trump-told-turnbull-refugee-agreement-was-the-worst-deal-ever-report
Australia's joined in on every American military dispute since World War II. One of our Prime Ministers forced the South Vietnamese government to write a letter inviting us to war just so he could go 'All the way with LBJ'.
America has been THE global leader for a long time for a variety of reasons, many of those reasons having only benefits for America, and you're going to throw it and many other countries to the gutter. Straight up selfish, ignorant and disgraceful.

Requiem

Pretty much what Andy said. Trump is trash. And anyone who wants an actual second civil war to occur is fucking lame as hell, Zapy.

Zapy97

Pretty much what Andy said. Trump is trash. And anyone who wants an actual second civil war to occur is fucking lame as hell, Zapy.
I was joking about the wanting it.

Requiem

You kidding? He wouldn't be able to stop himself from watching something about him. It's why he watches SNL religiously. Deep down inside he loves this shit. That or his tiny hands can't really click any buttons on the TV remote to change it and he's been watching NBC for the last few months now.

Top Bottom