TV: Fate/Zero

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Okay so Blooky is making me watch this anime and Null is watching it too. So far we're through the first third or so of the second season.

The last major event to happen was
Church Boy betrayed/killed the other church boy with the kid and the goatee. Also Mage Killer made Spear Guy kill himself, and then Gun Chick Killed Magic Teacher and Magic Teacher's Horny Wife.

So far I really like this show.

Also, I really feel like I've met one of these characters before. That's when I realized that @Tirin is basically just Sparkles (Gilgamesh) with teal sparkles in place of gold ones.

So yeh, thoughts on this series? I know you guys like lots of animays.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Fate/Zero is really good. It's a prequel to Fate/Stay Night and spoils a bit of the story there. If you like it I'd recommend watching Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. It's animated by the same studio and covers the Unlimited Blade Works route of the F/SN visual novel. There's also an anime adaptation made in 2006 for one story line in F/SN, but the animation quality is very shoddy.

Also Kritisugu is awesome, I think he's so much more interesting that Shirou in F/SN.

Shizno

Just read the VN plebs. It's only a couple hundred hours.
Also Kritisugu is awesome, I think he's so much more interesting that Shirou in F/SN.
I heard that he's better in the Heaven's Feel route in the VN, but I really didn't like Shirou. Kritisugu is a lot better, I think. Just general likability and in terms of doing stuff.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Fate/Zero is awesome and Gilgamesh is fuckin' awesome - but, of course, I'd kick his two-thirds divine ass any day of the week.

I'd argue it's darker than either Fate/stay night or Unlimited Blade Works, plus it's got good animation and characters you wanna see win (as well as wanna see lose), and the character development on all sides makes even the "bad guys" likable to an extent - certainly worthy of respect, at any rate. Plus, I've definitely gotta agree with Shizno with respect to Kiritsugu being a better protagonist than Shiro.

I hope you enjoy the rest of it, TC, and are at least willing to watch Unlimited Blade Works, 'cause while I didn't find it quite as good it was still certainly worth my time.

Colonel Thunder

We finished Fate Zero a few months back. Blooky and Null and I really liked it up through the end.

The sequel is on our "to watch" list but not a priority at the moment.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Technically Zero is the prequel to /stay night. The 2006 DEEN animation gets the story across, but it isn't very great. The newer Unlimited Blade Works adaptation is really great on the other hand. They both cover different routes of the original /stay night visual novel.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Lemme just pop in here and say that I liked Fate/Zero a whole lot. So much, in fact, that it compelled me to watch through to the end of Unlimited Blade Works, which I didn't even particularly enjoy and ultimately consider to have been a waste of my time. I just kept waiting for it to get good like Fate/Zero, and it never actually did.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
New.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Siegfried? really? Maybe Fate/Grand Order has biased me too much into not liking Siegfried.

Colonel Thunder

We started watching UBW and Apocrypha. Finished season 1 of UBW and 3 episodes into Apocrypha.

My god, Apocrypha is infinitely better than UBW. It gets bonus points for being uber-interesting in the first couple episodes, too. That's something that not even Zero did for me.

I feel like UBW would be way better if it didn't spend 80% of the time with just the main four characters. I've already gotten so sick of them. Shiro and Reen would be far more compelling if they were in an ensemble cast styled series, a la Zero. Apocrypha is getting major points from me right now in just how large and interesting the cast is. Harder to keep track of everything, but worth it.

Also, some day I'm going to be a hero of justice write a Fate/Mach series or some shit. Have a bunch of forumers as heroes and masters in a Mach alternative universe. Good shit.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Haven't watched Apocrypha, though I've entertained the idea. Can now reconsider it more seriously when I next have some time to kill.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Apocrypha is pretty nice. Also Kratour is doing a Fate/Grand Order thing. Or at least has a sign up for it. Hopefully it'll actually kick off.

Top Bottom