TV: Game of Thrones

13thforsworn

My friend flat out told me how the episode ends. "Are you ready for
Jon Snow to die? I've been waiting 5 seasons for this.
" Like what the actually fuck? I'm not so much as mad that the ending itself was spoiled, so much as that he'd actually just do it. Fuck off.

The ending was kinda shit. I'm not mad/sad that he died, I'm just pissed off in the way that it happened. Cunts, all of them. Although,
the Red Lady and Ser Beric Dondarrion could always acquaint him with the Lord of Light.

Walrus

I'm already 100% convinced that him making such an acquaintance is going to happen. There is no other conceivable reason for the Red Lady to be there.

Also: take a look at the Night's Watch oath. We might start seeing some off the wall adventures.

Tag_Ross

If Stannis is dead (or presumed) they might try making him king by convincing him that his vows are fulfilled.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.

Tag_Ross

We didn't actually see what happened to him.

Before Brienne swung Oathkeeper Stannis was looking around behind her, as if looking at someone. My bet is the Brotherhood Without Banners, in her book storyline they showed up at the end with lady stoneheart, who might have an important enough role to be brought back to the story.

If not them it could be the hound, CLEGANE BOWL 2016!!!

The Hound

Just Monika
I'm now inclined to actually read the books to know how much of that episodes complete and total shitness was GRR's fault and how much was the show diverging from the books.

Seriously a shame walk... What the fuck, was this written by a 14 year old Tumblr person? That's not what religious cults do, or at least in a series that has had no problem being brutal that's not what would happen. But even better than it being a shame walk before that they gave Cersei a sassy new hairdo... Let's just say I was begging for them to shave her head bald like a real religious cult would do, but nope sassy hairdo that will be perfect for when she rises back up. Fucking terrible.

Also fuck whatever had the Lannister princess chick die right after having a real moment, I'll be honest I was almost in tears when she told Jaime that she was happy he was her father but that immediately turned to fucking rage when they killed her off and worse yet without any consequences to that other chick. Just felt like a really cheap and meaningless death, which might have been fine a few episodes ago when they could have it go somewhere but no, bad taste in the mouth until the next season.

Also The Mountain looks stupid, whoever designed his costume should be embarrassed.

And yea I be wouldn't surprised if Stannis isn't dead, Brienne is beyond incompetent.

The killing of Jon Snow was the only well done thing that was done in the episode, well that and I actually like what's going with in the Daeny stuff minus them making the Dothraki super native american which was weird because I don't remember them being that similar (maybe it was just where they were before they seemed more like desert warriors than Native Americans).

I'm sure there's more that pissed me off but seriously this was shit, and really disappointing. I'm really just hoping it's the show that's to blame for most of this and that the books are better than this.

Tag_Ross

I'm now inclined to actually read the books to know how much of that episodes complete and total shitness was GRR's fault and how much was the show diverging from the books.

Seriously a shame walk... What the fuck, was this written by a 14 year old Tumblr person? That's not what religious cults do, or at least in a series that has had no problem being brutal that's not what would happen. But even better than it being a shame walk before that they gave Cersei a sassy new hairdo... Let's just say I was begging for them to shave her head bald like a real religious cult would do, but nope sassy hairdo that will be perfect for when she rises back up. Fucking terrible.
The shame walk was in the books, but you were in her head the whole time so it was pretty different, and I think they shaved all her hair.
Also fuck whatever had the Lannister princess chick die right after having a real moment, I'll be honest I was almost in tears when she told Jaime that she was happy he was her father but that immediately turned to fucking rage when they killed her off and worse yet without any consequences to that other chick. Just felt like a really cheap and meaningless death, which might have been fine a few episodes ago when they could have it go somewhere but no, bad taste in the mouth until the next season.
The entire Dorne story was changed, i won't say what actually happened so you can read the books without spoilers, but Jaime and Bronn didn't go to Dorne, hell Bronn didn't go anywhere.
And I actually hated the whole father/daughter moment they had, Robert, despite being a terrible husband loved his "children" and Jaime showed them little attention (though it was for their safety) all the children loved Robert(so much that Joffery was the one who hired the assassin to kill Bran because he overheard Robert say it would be a mercy if Bran died in his sleep[don't remember what the show said about the assassin]) just making myrcella say "I knew you were my real father, and I'm happy about that" was fucking retarded.
Also The Mountain looks stupid, whoever designed his costume should be embarrassed.
It was pretty much a set of standard kingsguard armor, but with a full faceplate, the kingsguard armor just looks terrible, deciding not to give him a better custom set was pretty stupid.
And yea I be wouldn't surprised if Stannis isn't dead, Brienne is beyond incompetent.
yeah, they changed her story almost entirely, the only good part was the fight with the hound, and that was barely good.
The killing of Jon Snow was the only well done thing that was done in the episode, well that and I actually like what's going with in the Daeny stuff minus them making the Dothraki super native american which was weird because I don't remember them being that similar (maybe it was just where they were before they seemed more like desert warriors than Native Americans).
The Jon part in E10 was pretty good, I'd have preferred if they used WunWun's part of the story for the last scene, but they cut too many characters for it to make much sense, but hey we got Olly... He's okay, I guess.

I have no idea what was going in in the head of whoever chose that location for dany, how far away did Drogon take her those biomes shouldn't be close to eachother.
I'm sure there's more that pissed me off but seriously this was shit, and really disappointing. I'm really just hoping it's the show that's to blame for most of this and that the books are better than this.
The show was doing pretty good, they cut too much, added too stupid, they have great source material that they aren't/won't use(ing), they're Super Mario Bros. the Movieing.

The Hound

Just Monika
I think the reason I liked the Jaime and Myrcella thing so much because they really didn't portray Robert being very loving in the show (more like a drunk buffoon who preferred whoring than being a king or a father). Where as Jaime has gotten a lot of character development showing him becoming a loving and caring human being and seeing him be able to finally admit that he was Myrcella's father and having her not only understand but be happy about it really brought Jaime's character full circle. Plus the contrast between him openly admitting it compared to Cersie who's still fighting the truth was great, well until they just decided to off Myrcella out of the blue. Plus the political implications of that are going to be insane, so it seems even fucking stupider that that chick would just kill her.

And yea I was wondering where Daeny wound up and was wondering if it was part of Westeros since that's the only place I've seen green lush lands like that.

Speaking of Briene's fight with with The Hound she's awesome at not for sure killing people. Like the Hound could still be alive and now possibly Stannis.

Yea they should have given The Mountain special armor, because the kingsguard stuff looks meh anyways but when it's on him it just looks stupid and the full mask looked even worse.

Lastly yea the Shame thing just didn't come off well in the show. I can see how in book form especially if it's done from her perspective could be impactful, since we can all imagine being shamed like that and how it would affect us, unfortunately it just looked fucking stupid and felt like that preachy Tumblr shit I've seen.

Walrus

And yea I was wondering where Daeny wound up and was wondering if it was part of Westeros since that's the only place I've seen green lush lands like that.
Biomes are weird, but based on earlier evidence it's reasonable for her to still be on the same continent. We saw the very same lush green mountainous atmosphere last season in the scene where a dragon messed with a farmer.

13thforsworn

Plus the political implications of that are going to be insane, so it seems even fucking stupider that that chick would just kill her.
What cheeses me the most about this is that Oberyn chose to fight in the trial-by-combat AT HIS OWN VOLITION and GOT HIMSELF KILLED. She has no right to revenge. Especially against an innocent little girl. Go kill The Mountain if you want revenge.

The Hound

Just Monika
Hmm 13th you bring up something that I haven't thought about, what do people think happened to the Mountain? I mean I assumed people thought Oberyn killed the Mountain who with his last ounce of strength crushed Oberyn's head. Thus what revenge does she want? The Mountain is "dead", so is Tywin who I believe was the person who gave the order to the Mountain about the raping of Oberyn's sister. So basically she just killed someone who was raised in Dorne, who is set to marry the prince, and who had nothing to do with anything she had a problem with for what revenge on two people she probably thinks are dead.

Either she's fucking stupid or that was all just a horrible writing boondoggle.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
She's stupid as hell and/or blinded by rage. If she wasn't one or both, she wouldn't act in a decidedly not-Oberyn-like manner by straight-up murdering an innocent teenage girl.

13thforsworn

She's stupid as hell and/or blinded by rage. If she wasn't one or both, she wouldn't act in a decidedly not-Oberyn-like manner by straight-up murdering an innocent teenage girl.
I swear Oberyn said something along the lines of "we don't murder children in Dorne" when he was talking with Cersei. Apparently not.

Hmm 13th you bring up something that I haven't thought about, what do people think happened to the Mountain? I mean I assumed people thought Oberyn killed the Mountain who with his last ounce of strength crushed Oberyn's head. Thus what revenge does she want? The Mountain is "dead", so is Tywin who I believe was the person who gave the order to the Mountain about the raping of Oberyn's sister. So basically she just killed someone who was raised in Dorne, who is set to marry the prince, and who had nothing to do with anything she had a problem with for what revenge on two people she probably thinks are dead.
He looks like a zombie now. I have a feeling he didn't swear that vow of silence willingly. Grand Meister Pycelle and the Citadel were weary of that guy for a reason.

13thforsworn

Oh shit, did they actually not use the skull scene? I don't remember if they used the skull scene in the show.
You mean the one where the two peasants bring "Tyrion's" head and he asks Cersei for them to leave it for him for his studies?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
And it IS the Mountain's skull, or at least another Mountain-sized man's skull. So... pretty certainly Gregor Clegane's skull. Ser Robert Strong is not The Mountain, even if he does potentially have quite a lot of the man's tissue. (Mostly the bones, I guess, given how many other people went into Qyburn's creation.)

As for Stannis doing that thing in the show: doesn't happen in the books, can't happen in the books. Actually cannot. Quite impossible. A lot of other things that happened lately in the show are at least arguably possibilities for the upcoming books, but not that one. Frankly, Myrcella's death* is super unlikely as well, since Martin's Sand Snake faction is just as incompetent as the one in the show, while Prince Doran is a great deal more competent. Extremely competent. In case I'm not stressing this enough: Prince Doran is an actual goddamn mastermind. They'd almost certainly never get the chance.

As for Cersei's shame walk... believe me, that was a very light sentence given what she had confessed to in the books. Guess I'll leave that hanging there. There was a lot more intrigue to her tremendous failure and the High Sparrow's rise to power, is what I'm saying. The High Sparrow is an awesome character in the books.

*If you haven't seen that episode yet but are nonetheless reading this thread, you're beyond any right to complain about spoilers by now.

Whitetiger

The directors writing Stannis out of the show to save budget in a shitty, disappointing way. The Battle of the Ice and the Battle of Winterfell should be pretty damn fantastic in the books. Also what Easy said. Stannis couldn't possibly do what he did, nor would he in that situation. And Selyse wouldn't feel an ounce of sadness at it either, let alone do what she did in retaliation.

Anyway, this is a pretty great essay on the battle that was butchered in the show https://bryndenbfish.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/a-complete-analysis-of-the-upcoming-siege-of-winterfell-part-1/

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The disappointments were... so many, so great, it's very difficult to just single out one. The High Sparrow's character was butchered. Prince Doran's arc was grossly manhandled. Stannis's post Wall stuff was pencil-fucked. Sansa's arc was scrapped entirely, in favor of something somehow even more pathetic*. Arya's was... just compressed, actually, and Brienne's is at least as uninteresting and irrelevant as in the books. Jaime's story though, in my opinion, is actually a great deal better in the books. I was holding off judgement on that until I saw how the whole "Jaime-'n-Bronn Bash Bro'in it up through Dorne" thing turned out, but it went down to an incredibly poorly-choreographed fight scene and something approaching what I would call "a disappointment hangover." His character development after leaving King's Landing in the books, by contrast, is downright phenomenal in my opinion. Danaerys... she's all disappointments in the books too, if you expected anything from her, but still disappointing how Ser Barristan died. And speaking of Essos, or at least the outside of the coast of Westeros, how about all those missing characters from the books, eh readers? Am I right? You know what I'm talking about. More than one new invader of Westeros, claim to throne and army and all.

*At the latest available Sansa chapter on the web, mind, that one's starting to look promising.

Top Bottom