TV: Rick and Morty

Firedemon

I know we all watch this, right? We need a thread. If any of you don't watch it, go watch Rick and Morty right now so you're ready for season 3 in FIVE DAYS.

So how 'bout that season 3 hype? I, for one, welcome our new Szechuan Sauce overlords.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I got Blooky hooked on Rick and Morty, and it is probably the best gift I've ever given.
It's certainly neither your love nor respect, seeing as Firedemon has both.

I'm hype as fuck for season 3 and the inevitable blacker-than-black comedy that will join it. Among infinite worlds, you can be an infinite asshole.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Wouldn't you enjoy another round of electorally curb-stomping the other candidates?
Maybe, but "mayor for life" just sounds so good, especially after I pass those reforms to change my title...

Episode 2 was pretty damn good, and you're welcome for telling you about it, TC. It was a suitable amount of dark-but-not-too-dark for the second episode, 'cause going all the way ham that early is a bit much.

Requiem

I thought it was good. I can see why people are saying it's bad, but those people are just wrong, so it's whatever. We're getting into the meat of the show now, so of course characters need to get more development. Strange that people would be upset to see Summer get a proper arc and just murder dudes because she can. It had the makings of a great episode and delivered. I'm happy with season 3 so far.

The Hound

Just Monika
Finally got around to watching it so I had been avoiding anything about it, so I'm surprised people had an issue with it. Was it amazing, nah but not every episode is a 10, it was a solid 7 while giving some good character depth to Summer. All I know is I laughed several times and when I was finished all I wanted was more, so it's hard to see what there is to complain about with it.

AndyM03

Great episode, one of my favourites. Lost it at the obvious de-pickling contraption.

Requiem

Episode 1 cleans up the galactic government and infinite Rick citadel plotlines while also hinting at Rick's backstory, even in jest, while also creating the szechuan sauce hilarity and Jerry leaving the house because of the divorce

Episode 2 gives us an honest look at how the entire family is affected by the divorce while also being a pretty fun ribbing towards mad max and other post apocalyptic stories

Episode 3 shows us just how capable Rick truly is while also showing us how detached he actually is. There's no hidden love for his family here, he really doesn't give a fuck about them, besides Beth maybe when they go for a drink and ignore Summer and Morty's actual problems and how they would like to go to therapy again

And you're saying that all it's doing is being lelsorandom? There's a lot happening here, honestly.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Gotta say, I really liked episode 3. Even though everybody knew Pickle Rick was coming, the reason for it and the pickle-related shenanigans were pretty damn funny. His exchange with the therapist was solid, and I think on some level made him reflect on his actions a little - at least enough to fake being remorseful to Beth and ask her to go get a drink with him even while ignoring the shit outta the kids.

This episode also showed that in a lot of ways, Beth has a Rick streak of her own, and in large part because of her relationship with him she thinks that therapy and being ordered to do shit is meaningless, even though her children are crying the fuck out for help that they need after the shit they've seen. It makes you wonder the depth of Beth's knowledge of Rick's adventures and how traumatizing they can really be; presumably, not a whole lot.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I would argue that the majority of Rick and Morty is lol-so-random. Season 3 seams to be more focused on an over arching story arc than season 1 or 2 was.

One of Beth's fears is that Rick will leave again. This fear was realizes when Rick went to prison and when he came back she divorced Jerry, after she said she would never let him go, so that Rick wouldn't leave a third time. Episode 3 showed us that Beth is so traumatized by this that she is willing to look past an insane amount of Rick's bullshit.

Can we agree this show has some of the best one-shot characters.

AndyM03

Welp, I'm officially disappointed with the new season. It's just a bunch of lol-so-random garbage.
Not to be rude, but have to agree with previous points. I'd agree Season 3 feels different but not only am I loving it it feels like the opposite of what you've described.

Dunsparce

Not to be rude, but have to agree with previous points. I'd agree Season 3 feels different but not only am I loving it it feels like the opposite of what you've described.
Holy shit, that was so fucking rude! What the fuck is wrong with you? People give me shit for speaking a little harshly sometimes, but what you said? God damn dude.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Adult Swim showed a one-hour special called Bloodfeast: Rick in Mourning instead of releasing Rick and Morty on the livestream. It was one of the trolliest things I've ever seen in my fucking life, but not actually too bad. However, I'm now starving for the episode.

I'll watch it tomorrow and leave this thread alone 'til I do. Nobody spoil it for me.

Top Bottom