TV: Rick and Morty

Walrus

Good episode. It was great to see no-conscience Morty being successful. Wouldn't mind seeing Stacy again, though her return as a character is unlikely.

Last edited:

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
You guys summed it up pretty well. Morty was starting to make me think he might go down the evil eyepatch Morty route from S1.

Requiem

It's gonna be interesting when Beth gets to go on and adventure of her own. We got a Jerry adventure, so I'd say a Beth one is gonna happen eventually. At the same time, I bet it won't because I get the feeling that Rick doesn't want her around at all on an adventure. It's a toss up between the two possibilities, haha.

The Hound

Just Monika
I get the feeling that Rick doesn't bring her along out of fear for her safety, she seems like the only one that he's deep down afraid to lose.

The Hound

Just Monika
I could see her pushing to be involved more since she's clearly losing her mind a bit from the divorce considering the hooves sculpture she was making.

The Hound

Just Monika
Someone pointed out to me that you can see in the background that in a picture of her and Jerry she's covered Jerry's face with a horse's face. So yea, totally normal.

Requiem

How's that for yet more character development? I'm so stoked for the second half of the season.

Dunsparce

Thought it was kinda predictable, to be honest.

The second they showed a Morty running for president, I was like "Yup, that's evil Morty."

Requiem

Considering they told us before the season started that evil Morty was coming back, uh, yeah.

Anatronman

I remember them saying they wouldn't bring him back unless they had written something that could be called their best episode yet. I'm glad they waited.

Requiem

Yeah, I liked getting to see the way the citadel works overall, especially after the council of ricks gets killed. It's good to see episode 1 having more of an impact.

Firedemon

That was really good. I saw the Evil Morty coming a mile away, but I don't really think that detracted heavily from the episode. The reveal was still a nice moment, but I think the citadel subplots were what really made the episode.

Requiem

It's telling about Rick and Morty as characters and how capable they are and aren't. We got to see a lot of Morty being evil and terrible on top of what we already knew of Evil Morty. As for Rick, a running theme we saw was how willing he is to just go with what's happening around him, on top of thinking he's the smartest man in the room. Rick generally underestimates Morty, but he also has a capacity for respect towards him. More naive Ricks want to take care of Morty too as we see before Cop Rick learns his lessons and becomes a hardboiled sort of cop.

There's a lot of negativity associated with Morty's character and a major amount of detachment with Rick's character. We know this, obviously, but seeing it take all of its different forms with the various infinite Ricks and Morty's is a lot of fun and definitely something worth chewing on for the week.

Also, Morty got that mermaid puss.

Top Bottom