Ended Vanilla Mafia [ Mafia Win ]

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I don't know whether to call this projection or just plain insanity. You went completely unhinged over 2 words from dunsparce but unlike the usual aggro the footing of the argument didn't make sense. I made one post agreeing with TC on that point, one of my three posts in total. How on earth is that pushing hard for a lynch on you? Especially when others have commented that my argument at the time was quite weak, and I'd agree with that honestly. How can my arguments be called out for being soft when you claim I'm pushing hard?
Because your argument is garbage but your intent is pretty goddamn clear, despite the lynch being effectively baseless. Also, "completely unhinged" because I lynched him over a comment I thought was worthless? Are you serious right now?

basically I'm not pushing hard on you at all (until now) and that was a lie. Your argument against Dunsparce was wrong. And much like Ro mentioned, you're not acting like a teammate. In the spirit of day 1 random lynching, I was a bit more aggro then maybe I should have. But you've made mistakes this game man and you've dug a deeper hole instead of copping it on the chin and working things through.
Oh, so I'm a liar and "wrong" (you know Dunsparce is a townie how, exactly? - oh, you don't or you're scum) for pointing out that your lynch reasoning is sub-par and irresponsible at best and opportunistically scummy at worst, but putting a single lynch on Dunsparce is the end of the world? If you can't point out an actually sound argument for why I'm wrong, I'm absolutely not going to accept it as fact. I have no reason to even if I firmly and emphatically believe you're my teammate, which as I mentioned I absolutely don't right now.

And, you know - fact of the fuckin' matter is, I don't know if any given player is a teammate of mine or not. In case you're not aware of the game's premise, that's kind of how Mafia starts out for the town side; it's perfectly reasonable, in fact rational, to go in suspicious of everyone's motivations and to work to analyze those motivations. All you've done is point a finger at me and said "He's weird, so I'll put him an inch from hammer" and then doubled down on that bad decision while trying to call me out with this teamwork bullshit. I'll perform my end of townie teamwork by pointing out people being scummy, not by doing what you tell me, thanks.

AndyM03

Oh, so I'm a liar and "wrong" (you know Dunsparce is a townie how, exactly? - oh, you don't or you're scum)
Never said he was, ya muppet. Putting words in my mouth and projecting isn't a way to bring out information for the town, it's a way for you to pressure a lynch on whoever you want, which is way scummier in my mind than anything i've done.

To put it quite clearly, since it's crazy how you can't handle a post with a grand length of two words, Dunsparce's post had SOME MEANING, even if it wasn't A LOT, and your pivot towards Dunsparce during this phase was built upon your assumption that it had NO MEANING.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Fuck it, lynch me. Sorry for throwing like Lebron James, town, but I legit don't have the fucking patience for retardedness like this and at post-per-day-phase rates like Firedemon and Anatron are cranking out 3 will probably be hammer soon in any case.

AndyM03

Ro, your previous call was that this was likely a town on town situation, (i.e dunsparce and Tirin, not me.) which Tirin ignored and continued his arguments. Maybe i'm tunnel visioned as all hell but I'm also doubled down at this point. Keen for your input on these developments.

Still don't know how to feel about TC.

My only other concern is frustration over the lurkers, which is a usual gripe in this game.

Firedemon

@Ro Ro Ro @Anatronman @Firedemon quit lurking and say something. We actually have meaningful discussion going on Day One.
Preemptive "Fuck off with your 'quit lurking' when barely anything happened yet (as in at the time of your post), I ain't stickin' my nose in some BS 'hurdy durr I'm Tirin and you guys are shit posting on day 1' vs 'hurdy durr I'm not-Tirin and you ALSO shitposted on day 1' when it's only like, two exchanges in" while I finish reading the chapter you guys wrote today.

But I'm NOT holding up the game, no one was waiting on me. So again, fuck off with your 'quit lurking' BS.

Unlynch
Lynch Tirin

This whole thing is stupid. Tirin attacked someone for not contributing, even though every post before it was shitposting, then it escalated into this. I can't tell if Tirin is actually bent out of shape or if he's just doing this thing again, but it reads like toxic mafia toned down by about 5%. The just overwhelming aggression from Tirin over this is such a normal response too, so I can't even conclude that's actually scummy behavior. But the basis of this is all so flimsy under the guise of being serious. This is something that would have made sense as shitposting, not a real pursuit from which to actually draw generalized conclusions about roles. Sure, it started conversation, but you could just as well start conversation by being less of an edgelord. And, y'know, saying something ridiculous and then being like "but it started conversation" can't be a get out of jail free card.

My analysis:

Tirin is dead
TC just wanted to lynch Tirin for toxicity
Same for Andy
Anatron is actually kinda lurking at this point
No one actually did anything particularly scummy, except maybe Tirin by getting way too invested and aggro for something stupid
Day is over if I did math right

AndyM03

Preemptive "Fuck off with your 'quit lurking' when barely anything happened yet (as in at the time of your post), I ain't stickin' my nose in some BS 'hurdy durr I'm Tirin and you guys are shit posting on day 1' vs 'hurdy durr I'm not-Tirin and you ALSO shitposted on day 1' when it's only like, two exchanges in" while I finish reading the chapter you guys wrote today.
I feel like I was in my right to call out lurkers, but fair shout in the post you were replying to. You copped some heat a bit too early.
Same for Andy
I really didn't want to start this argument again. I had this thought but was smart enough this time to restrict that discussion to PM's (Of which I have NOT sent by the by). My arguments are townie and game centric and I refute your simplification.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Tirin is dead
Not just yet, unfortunately- Dunsparce unlynched in the hopes of hearing something from Anatron.

Same for Andy
Prettymuch. Turns out if people have already made up their mind to lynch you over shitty reasons, they're just gonna do it anyway no matter how counterintuitive it is re: gamestate or actual results.

Anatron is actually kinda lurking at this point
Obviously. What a fuckin' shock.

No one actually did anything particularly scummy, except maybe Tirin by getting way too invested and aggro for something stupid
Incorrect. Just... truly, massively incorrect.

Day is over if I did math right
Lemme help you with that. Unlynch; lynch Tirin.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Hmm...

Unlynch Tirin

Not sure if unlynching is allowed at this point, but even if it isn't I never truly lynched him.

Lynxh Tirin
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have not historically allowed misspelled lynch votes (see; Lunch [Player]).

My typo was an accident, but I'm pretty sure that only a townie would get pissed and suicide like Tirin has tried to. So it's worth seeing if we can take this to the mafia court and retroactively save Tirin, to whom I owe an apology.

@Jeroth @Easy @Steal Thy Kill and any other big time mafia vets what are your thoughts on this?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Hammers are hammers. Fucking kill me, dude. Let me die with some goddamn dignity on my own terms.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
My typo was an accident, but I'm pretty sure that only a townie would get pissed and suicide like Tirin has tried to. So it's worth seeing if we can take this to the mafia court and retroactively save Tirin, to whom I owe an apology.
Sadly, motion denied.

I had already lynched Tirin and given a reason for it, before making the joke post. If that's any comfort.
You acknowledged that it was a lynch in that post.

Tirin - TC, Dunsparce, Andy,

As of Yesterday at 11:26 AM, that was a near hammer.

Afterwards, dunsparce unlynched and firedemon would have hammered lynched at 10:48 PM. Tirin then self-lynched.

Tirin has been killed. He was a vanilla townie.

The First Night has begun. It will end 8/16/2018 at ~2:30 AM

Six remain. Two Scum are alive.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Believe in the Town, if not yourself Tirin! We still need you!
Oh, no. You misunderstand completely. I absolutely believe in myself. I'm certain I've been right somewhere along the line. I don't think a single goddamn thing that I did was wrong, I just don't think that there's any way of convincing you fuckers otherwise. The best I can do is flip townie, because - lucky for all of you potential town players out there - I'm not the cop or doctor (woulda claimed so, obviously).

Good luck on day 2. At this rate, you'll need it.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Oh, no. You misunderstand completely. I absolutely believe in myself. I'm certain I've been right somewhere along the line. I don't think a single goddamn thing that I did was wrong, I just don't think that there's any way of convincing you fuckers otherwise. The best I can do is flip townie, because - lucky for all of you potential town players out there - I'm not the cop or doctor.

Good luck on day 2. At this rate, you'll need it.
This came in about the same time, so I'll allow it as a post. After this post, there will be no posts in here at all.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Ro never voted to lynch Tirin!

While your point about FD's hammer holds true (ignoring my lynxh argument) it is clear that the votes have not been counted appropriately, and thusly how can we trust this treacherous GM? I might add that Jeroth never gave an official tally of votes to indicate which were counted and which weren't.

#NotMyGM
#NotMyMayor
#Justice4Tirin
#LynxhVote

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Day 2.

Thunderclaw has been found dead. He is a member of the town.

There are five players alive. Three are required to lynch.

The day phase will end approximately around 8:00 PM on 8/19/2018.

Dunsparce

So we're at lynch or lose, and we know precisely fuck all. That's fun. At least we have decent odds of hitting scum today, since half of you fuckers are mafia. I guess I'll give my thoughts on all the players, and see what we can do.

Anatron - He might actually be dead or something. The last time he logged on was Saturday, so aside from signing up, he hasn't contributed at all. That sucks, because it tells us nothing. I might be willing to lynch him if we weren't at lylo, but for now I'd like to lynch someone I'm confident about.

Andy - As of now, he's the most suspicious player. He brought Tirin within one vote of a lynch before everyone had a chance to post, potentially limiting town's information. He's probably the most logical candidate for a lynch, although I have to admit, my gut isn't in it. I was suspicious enough of Tirin at the time that I probably would have done the same thing.

Firedemon - He's contributed just enough to avoid being called a lurker at this point. I don't really find anything he's said all that suspicious, but then again, he hasn't said much at all. It could easily be a scum play to just slide under the radar, but honestly his behavior isn't especially out of the ordinary for him.

Ro - I was initially suspicious of Ro on the grounds that he was sort of siding with Tirin, but that theory's deflated now that Tirin's flipped town. It's possible, though, that it was an elaborate ruse to get town cred by siding with a town player who's about to get lynched, and I think Ro's a skilled enough player to try a strategy like that. However, it's just as likely he's town, trying to benefit town.

Dunsparce - I anticipate somebody making an argument about this, so I'm gonna preemptively defend myself. Tirin's arguments against me make just as much sense now as they did yesterday. The fact that we know he's town now doesn't mean he was right.

So that's all I got. I don't have any special night powers, but so far it looks like we haven't lost any players that do. If you're a cop and you've got special info, now's the time to share it.

AndyM03

Will do a bigger post after work but I've found TC weird attempt to save Tirin when he was totally dead super weird and almost against the rules, I thought it was super dodgy and an easy way to look town.

That being said I was still hoping for Mafia Tirin even after he lynched himself, I thought he might have been throwing shade at a possible lurker mafia partner but obviously not the case.

Top Bottom