Vidya Anime Weeb Show

Requiem

SAO was alright in its first season which led me to like it, but the rapey, incestuous second arc and the utterly boring tripe after that showed me how shit the show was as a whole. I don't really have a problem with harem anime if they're interesting or done well (tongue in cheek and acknowledging what the show itself is) and the first season did some interesting stuff like that as it essentially was a harem anime for most of season 1.

I'm mostly responding to what was said previously to build on it since yeah, SAO has its problems and it sucks overall as an anime and just as a piece of media, but the first season has some strengths to it which is why it's such a strong show (even with so many shitty seasons afterwards). Plenty of people willing to look past the flaws of something because of that.

I'm currently watching Little Witch Academia finally. It's so nice and makes me feel good.

EDIT: This post was originally in the Hot Takes General thread before being moved here by a moderator and becoming the original post. The three posts following it were also moved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibix

SAO was alright in its first season which led me to like it, but the rapey, incestuous second arc and the utterly boring tripe after that showed me how shit the show was as a whole. I don't really have a problem with harem anime if they're interesting or done well (tongue in cheek and acknowledging what the show itself is) and the first season did some interesting stuff like that as it essentially was a harem anime for most of season 1.

I'm mostly responding to what was said previously to build on it since yeah, SAO has its problems and it sucks overall as an anime and just as a piece of media, but the first season has some strengths to it which is why it's such a strong show (even with so many shitty seasons afterwards). Plenty of people willing to look past the flaws of something because of that.
I was thinking while at work about it. This is basically my view on SAO too. It is also important to point out the romance was REALLY shallow with the two main characters IRL even though they were a VR couple for so long.

Requiem

I was thinking while at work about it. This is basically my view on SAO too. It is also important to point out the romance was REALLY shallow with the two main characters IRL even though they were a VR couple for so long.
That's part of my issue. Them getting married and having a daughter in season 1 is actually pretty strong of a plot point that I didn't expect at all, especially because of the harem aspect of the show, but then seeing how flat that ends up later on is just not worth it.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I feel like not quite enough hating on Sword Art Online has happened, actually, but the thing is that after two full seasons I just don't care nearly enough about that show to put the effort in. It's a very meh kind of show.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Sword Art Online - Bad, bordering on meh.

FB_IMG_1515799638689.jpg Little Witch Academia - Good, it's fun watching Akko learn the magic of manners.

Also, if the cute and heartwarming is your thing, I recommend K-On.

Requiem

SAO Abridged is not only a great abridged series, but actively improves on and fixes next to every problem with the show and I love it for that. For me, SAOa is pretty much the actual show to me.

Top Bottom