• Andy

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Dunsparce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Hello, everyone! Presumably in the interests of stemming my alleged toxicity, TC has put me into this game! I wish good luck to all of the townies out there, and even the non-townies (just not good enough to beat my team, is all)!

Let's get down to business... to defeat the scum.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Well... those are the rules as written, it makes perfect sense to me! Nice catch, Stealthy!

Lynch Dunsparce.

Anatronman

This is probably my favorite poop Mafia theme of all time. I hope that we can grow closer as friends as we work together to lynch Dunsparce.

Requiem

I'm sorry Anatron, is that an actual vote for Dunsparce or just a comment on the votes he has gotten in a short period of time? Apologies, just looking for clarification. Thanks!

AndyM03

Hey hey hey guys, starting the party without me?
Now i'd love to jump in on this slumber party, but it's not cool to pick on Dunsparce so quickly! That man has a beautiful voice and i'd love to hear it sway our hearts and minds once more.

Requiem

In truth, I believe it's necessary to see how Dunsparce will interact with this game and with us as players before we go and lynch him. Of course, the way this game is played, someone has to be lynched, it's simply the mechanic, but maybe I can give an alternate suggestion of what we can do instead of lynching someone tonight, at least for this first night.

So, in all fairness, we would normally lynch someone without question in a normal mafia game, but since this is Wholesome Mafia, perhaps we don't lynch anyone today, just as a test? Perhaps TC plans for us to lynch people and didn't plan on us trying to no lynch? It's just a suggestion and not one I think we need to worry about, but I wanted to pose it to all of you anyways and see how you might react to it.

Because, what's more wholesome than not killing your friends?

Dunsparce

Pardon my French, Requiem, but, while I do loath the idea of being brought down to the mafia’s level, I think it may be unwise to forego lynching altogether. Such a course of actions will only benefit the mafia by limiting our information. If we vote on a no-lynch, we would be exactly where we stand now, but we would be down one of the good ladies or gentlemen playing.

I highly oppose the notion of no-lynching on the first day.

Requiem

If we vote on a no-lynch, we would be exactly where we stand now, but we would be down one of the good ladies or gentlemen playing.
While I agree with you on the grounds of a normal mafia game, what I failed to accurately present was the idea that this is not a normal mafia game. Rather, it is a poop mafia in the sense that there are less than average rules and mechanics in play if I'm to understand what TC wrote in the OP as well as what he means when he says this is a "wholesome" game. Because I appreciate the work TC does and the way his mind operates, I absolutely wouldn't put it past him to make a game where the goal is to not kill anyone at all. Perhaps then we are meant to only last a few days with no deaths at all.

I do, however, understand that this is highly unlikely, but it was a thought I had and I don't mean to throw people off of what I would normally call a required lynch. I am definitely not saying I'm against a day 1 lynch, but wanted to get people's thoughts on the idea that TC might be throwing us for a loop as a way to subvert our expectations.

If this idea lacks merit, however, I am willing to go along with a day 1 lynch as is normal in any given mafia game. It must be noted as well that I'm not entirely convinced of my own idea and thought. I mostly just wanted to generate discussion for an idea I think TC might put into play, and then quashing it if necessary when it proves to be wrong, as we might mostly all think (just a guess).

Requiem

This is a mafia game where standard rules apply, with some fun flavor.
Though I do admit to missing this line when I first read, so now I'm doubting my own idea even more. Since that's the case, I am willing to drop discussion of my idea and moving onto us playing a normal game with fun flavor.

If anyone thinks it's worth discussing still, I'd like to, but it might be best to simply move on.

Players should always lynch the most toxic (or least wholesome) player unless significant evidence suggests they are innocent. This rule is open to interpretation.

The game can end under a variety of circumstances.
I mainly brought it up because of this part of the OP. I'll stop posting now though so as to give others a chance to respond to my thoughts.

Anatronman

Well shucks, buster. That's an awfully uncouth thing to say to one of your friends! But it's okay. I forgive you.
I'm sorry Xander, I was hoping to make you smile by ribbing the first two posters for their jokey bold text, as I tried to make clear in my next post. I'll be more straightforward from now on.

Req's pushing in and backing off a no lynch are causing me to think about scum size a little earlier than I'd hoped. What sounds more reasonable in an 8 player game, 2 Mafia or 1 Mafia and 1 Independant?

Requiem

Req's pushing in and backing off a no lynch are causing me to think about scum size a little earlier than I'd hoped.
Sorry for the confusion, I was mostly just wanting us to get discussion going about the thought I had before lynching someone so quickly. It wasn't until I read the OP in more detail that I started to back off as the first line suggests it's a normal mafia game, just with some flavor. The other thing I quoted near the end of the OP suggests there are mechanics going on beyond just a normal game.

I was hoping to get everyone's thoughts on that, not specifically push for a no lynch or to even back off from one.

Top Bottom