Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Dunsparce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Sorry for being late everyone!

I've been busy between the debate last night, working out in the morning, working then going out with friends.

Overall, I'm not certain if @Xander counts towards @Dunsparce attitude even though it was a gag post!

Req's pushing in and backing off a no lynch are causing me to think about scum size a little earlier than I'd hoped. What sounds more reasonable in an 8 player game, 2 Mafia or 1 Mafia and 1 Independant?
To chime in with my experience running a game, I feel like it would probably be one mafia and one independent. Given @Colonel Thunder 's track record with poop games (Which are lovely mafia games and a fun sub-game to look forward to after a completed game!), it seems they're incredibly quick.

Though I do admit to missing this line when I first read, so now I'm doubting my own idea even more. Since that's the case, I am willing to drop discussion of my idea and moving onto us playing a normal game with fun flavor.
Excellent catch! I do like the outside of the box thought process for a poop game, but I think a normal game with a cutiepool2-esque flavor is the best approach to this beast!

We still have about two days left to figure out this puzzle, but I'm sure that if we put our big brains together, we can figure it out!

Dunsparce was already being bullied, so I feel it's a bit rude to jump on that! I'm just at a loss of where to really progress with this lynch rule:

Players should always lynch the most toxic (or least wholesome) player unless significant evidence suggests they are innocent. This rule is open to interpretation.
I feel like this is a key piece of the puzzle!

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Hi everyone! I hope you're enjoying the game so far.

I forgot (silly me!) to mention that after the game ends, we'll vote to decide who best embraced the flavor of the game to create a fun experience!

Stay fun and wholesome! Or else! Haha!

Dunsparce

Oh fiddlesticks, I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I'm extremely reluctant to lynch a player as well-mannered as Requiem, but at the same time, he's the only one at this point who has done anything to warrant a lynch.

He put forth a recommendation, a veritable "req"ommendation if you will, that would have been a detriment to the town, and he gave himself exactly enough leeway to make it appear to be a mistake. I apologize profusely, but at this time you are the one who most deserves to be lynched.

Lynch Requiem

Requiem

Hm, while I can understand that sentiment, we still don't have confirmation either way that my thought would have hurt or helped the town. I hope you don't mean to suggest that my voicing a thought, rather than choosing to follow a bandwagon lynch on you, is what is detrimental to the town.

It just seems strange to me because while I can see why others would have chosen to lynch you, Dunsparce, on account of things outside of this game, you've done nothing in the game thus far to be seen as less wholesome/any amount of toxic more than anyone else.

Remember, the goal is to lynch the most toxic/least wholesome person each round and that rule is, according to TC, open to interpretation! From there, we have also been told there are multiple ways for the game to end. While I understand that in a normal mafia game there are already multiple ways to end a game, you don't normally tell your players that's the case since it's such a basic fact, so I'm of the opinion that we have more than just the normal options.

1. We lynch the mafia, game ends in town victory.

2. Mafia outnumbers town, securing the day and night, game ends in mafia victory.

Those are the two options we know exist for sure. From there, I'd have only two other potential game ending conditions I could think of based upon the information we as a group have right now.

3. We have to prove our wholesome nature by not lynching anyone during a day phase, perhaps preventing the mafia from having a night kill, since that means they have toxicity to use. Essentially, a lynch creates toxicity and that toxicity becomes ammo for the mafia to use as a kill. If we don't lynch, the mafia cannot kill. Please let it be known that I really, really don't think TC would go this far, but I've just had the thought and figured I'd post it, just in case. Game would end in town victory after a certain number of no lynches.

4. Everyone has a randomly assigned toxicity "amount" that we don't know about and we have to try and guess who it is, eventually getting information over time and being able to make better guesses. The town wins if they lynch the most toxic players (essentially the mafia and maybe a neutral player with an equally high number of toxicity). This is more simple, I think, but again, it comes back to whether or not TC actually put in different rules and mechanics.

It is certainly a puzzle, but it could very well be that TC didn't put anything like this in and everything is meant to be about just wholesome RP posts. Who knows! This is definitely a lot of fun though!

As for a no lynch, I'd like to say that I never advocated for or against it, I just hoped we'd be able to discuss my thoughts before we immediately lynched anyone, Dunsparce included. I understand why a day 1 no lynch is detrimental in a normal game, but I think it's important to contend with this idea of whether or not we're in a normal game.

If it is a normal game, then as much as it pains me to say, it would not matter who we lynched on the first day since we lack information to make an educated lynch and should simply make one before the time runs out.

Asking for clarification, Dunsparce, do you think my idea I've been talking about is detrimental to the town or are you suggesting I'm absolutely pushing a no lynch and that is what is detrimental? Because while I can understand thinking my idea might be taking us off track, I can't say that I've been pushing a no lynch and to lynch me on that basis would be rather unwholesome of you.

I would rather like discussion, but if we all would like to just get lynched in and move on to the next day phase, we can certainly do that as well.

Anatronman

Asking for clarification, Dunsparce, do you think my idea I've been talking about is detrimental to the town or are you suggesting I'm absolutely pushing a no lynch and that is what is detrimental? Because while I can understand thinking my idea might be taking us off track, I can't say that I've been pushing a no lynch and to lynch me on that basis would be rather unwholesome of you.
I think you've hit the point of my uneasiness pretty cleanly there. Throwing out as many different justifications of the No Lynch as you can think of is (in a normal game) decidedly anti Town. I can see how in a heavily flavored and designed game there could be toxicity mechanics that would adjust the scum's power level, but in a game with a very basic OP like this one, these ideas could be considered a way of muddying the waters right out of the gate.

The reason I bring this thought up is that you've toed the line between giving up on this idea and pushing it harder in every other post and it's creating a lot of noise without any real benefit to us.

Requiem

That is the post I've been asking people to make. "I do not think your idea has merit, Req, let's move on."

Since that's the case, who do we want to lynch?

Anatronman

He put forth a recommendation, a veritable "req"ommendation if you will, that would have been a detriment to the town, and he gave himself exactly enough leeway to make it appear to be a mistake.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave this as a placeholder in case time becomes an issue. Nothing personal!

Lynch Requiem

Requiem

Well, I guess that's how these things go. I'd prefer we don't lynch active players on day 1 since a few players haven't even made a single post this day phase, but you are welcome to make your lynches as you see fit.

Edit: my mistake, it seems every has posted at least once. This doesn't help my case and I understand if this means more people decide to lynch me.

Dunsparce

Gadzooks! That's an awfully long post, Requiem. It would take quite a while to respond to all of it, so I'll just respond to your query specifically directed at me, for now.

I believe that if you were part of the mafia, you would be pushing for the town to act against its own interests. Moreover, you would foresee the potential backlash and attempt to circumvent it by proclaiming your own reluctance. What you've chosen to do thus far makes perfect sense if you're anti-town.

Requiem

At the end of the day, I can only be truthful and if I get lynched, then I'll be revealed as an innocent and then maybe you'll look into my posts with more earnest interest.

At this point, I've moved on from discussing what I was before. We can focus on actually lynching someone now.

AndyM03

As always, these suggestions are all fantastic! I can't decide which one I like most. The pendulum has swung against Req in such a classic way that I can't be suspicious of any of the actors here! In keeping with the rules of the game, if I can't form a lynch via information, I must do so via the theme!

Lynch Xander

No hard feelings bud!

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Good sirs, I do declare. Andy is correct; of any player in this mafia game, it is clearly Xander who has been the most toxic thus far. I suppose only time can tell whether or not that was intentional on the part of Dunsparce, but I certainly think Xander is the most valuable and accurate lynch we have per game rules.

Lynch Xander.

Xander

For clarification, lynching Xander will have the effect of lynching Dunsparce and vice versa.
Are you fucking kidding me? That's by far the most toxic thing anyone has ever said about anyone, ever. Implying that me and Dunsparce are the same person? That's fucking disgusting! How dare you say that! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

Unlynch Dunsparce
Lynch TC

Requiem

Using this Xander role in a magic mafia game, even for a joke, still comes off as toxic, so yeah, I'll just go ahead and Lynch Dunsparce.

Edit: Wrote magic instead of mafia. Just a simple edit.

Last edited:

Anatronman

I'm really sorry Dunsparce but the OP says I have to lynch the most toxic player, not the player I'm most suspicious of. There's a case to made for why the day has been manipulated against you from the start, but you really stuck one foot in the grave with that last post.

Unlynch Requiem; Lynch Xander

Colonel Thunder

Lynch Totals:

Dunsparce/Xander - 5 (Stealthy, Tirin, Andy, Req, Anatron)

Dunsparce has been lynched!

He was...

You are a Townie!

You win when all anti-town players have been defeated.

There are 7 players remaining!

Night 1 has begun!

Get your night actions in within 48 hours of this post!

Colonel Thunder

Night 1 has ended!

Andy has been killed!

You are a Townie!

You win when all anti-town players have been defeated.

There are 6 players remaining!

4 votes are required for a lynch!

The Day Phase will end exactly 72 hours from this post unless a lynch occurs!

Good luck!

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Well, frankly, per rules I think that we did the right thing by lynching Dunsparce, as he was the most toxic player.

I was to no small extent hoping that nobody would die tonight, possibly confirming the theory that we have a win condition of being so wholesome as to stop lynching each other. However, that has not come to pass (unless we only have a vigilante role); clearly, we must lynch somebody, the trouble is in figuring out whom.

Top Bottom