• Dunsparce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Req has been modkilled!

You are a Townie!

You win when all anti-town players have been defeated.

There are 4 players remaining!

3 votes for a lynch!

The Day Phase will now end 72 hours from this post, assuming no lynch is reached.

Requiem

Let it be known TC really gave me no parameters on what "be toxic" meant and that's more or less all he told me.

Also, told you I was Townie. Also, how's this for toxic, TC?

BlookyHannah

Me, later, when this game is done: Honestly, I panicked.

LYNCH JEROTH.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
The game has changed since the reveal of the alleged toxicity, so I'm going to drop being extra to attempt to focus my thoughts.

Our win condition is to remove all anti-town players. Originally, I was suspicious since mafia/scum could have been easily labeled as such rather than Anti-town. Currently, my belief is that Blooky is the killing role of the game. Her actions in Day 1 has been perceived as encouraging the lynch on Dunsparce, but not committing to it. On Day 2, Tirin spoke of his suspicions of Blooky before being killed that night. On Day 3, Blooky followed on Anatron's lynch.

That is the easiest part of the puzzle to figure out.

The second portion of the puzzle is Req's toxicity. From the phrasing of our win condition, it appears to be a third party. How does it operate? Like the cult leader or like the arsonist? Do they convert people or lay the groundwork and suddenly trigger the toxicity nights later?

For now, I feel like the safest bet would be to: Lynch Blooky.

The other things to toss into considerating:

Lynching @Colonel Thunder - in his games, that has always been an option for the players. While it may glitch the game, there may be a meta argument about how the moderators of the game are the most toxic for allowing it go on. Just some food for thought for everyone.

Sorry for the short post, but I'm starting to fall asleep while typing and I need my rest. I will post after work.

Anatronman

Well before he was modkilled, I was pretty sure Req was a Mason, and getting deleted pretty much confirms that. It seems like (barring shenanigans) Stealthy is the Mason leader and Blooky is lone Mafia. Considering that if Req had an power role like he seemed to be implying and flipped vanilla anyway, we don’t know whether we’ve lost a Cop or a Doctor already. That makes today pretty simple, unless Jeroth somehow predicted the modkill.

Lynch Blooky

Colonel Thunder

Lynch Votes:

Blooky - 3 - (Jeroth, Anatron, Stealthy)

Blooky has been lynched!

You are a Townie!

Ouch.

There are 3 players remaining!

Night 3 has begun, and will last a maximum of 48 hours from now.

Colonel Thunder

Night 3 has ended!

Stealthy has been killed!

You are a Townie!

There are 2 players remaining!

The lone mafia member easily overpowers the final player and kills them!

However, last night while the mafia killed Stealthy, the Toxic Player infected the mafia with toxicity!

Even though the toxic player was killed, their toxicity lives on in the only surviving player!

This means we have the rare and unsought Mafia AND Cult Victory!

Anatron was our mafia, and Jeroth our toxic player!

You are the Mafia!

Every night you choose a player to kill.

You have the freedom to act as wholesome or toxic as you like, and do not have to vote for the least-wholesome player like the other players.

You win when there is only one player left, other than yourself.

You are the Toxic Player!

Every night, you can choose to infect someone with toxic behavior! They will be forced to act as toxic as possible for the rest of the game.

You have the freedom to act as wholesome or toxic as you like, and do not have to vote for the least-wholesome player like the other players.

You win when all remaining players are toxic.

EDIT: I can't fix these spoilers via editing. Halp.

Last edited:

Requiem

Me while posting on day 1 and everyone thought I was worth lynching because of it:

Me while not posting throughout the next two days:

Me while TC was grilling me behind the scenes for not being toxic enough when I did start posting, even though he literally gave no explanation for what "be toxic" meant, short of not getting in trouble with mods/admins:

Me when TC modkilled me for failing to give me proper instruction on how to play his game:

Me when I was wrong about Blooky, but right about some sort of anti-town voting for me, as well as there being mechanics beyond vanilla ones:

AndyM03

I can understand the need to be vague, and seeing how you interpreted it could have been part of the fun. Shame you just ended up confused but I think it sounds like a fine risk.

Requiem

Nah, it wasn't even confusing, it was just unexplained entirely. I've got receipts.

It's one thing to say, "be toxic." It's another to make it a mechanic with no clear definition. Like I ended up telling TC, I wasn't going to be a dick to be people for the sake of "flavor."

In the end, I'd say not posting for nearly two full days and then entirely ignoring TC's rules is pretty dang toxic.

AndyM03

I mean the first thing I would do is change text colour to teal and just be clearly jokey rude. I understand the aversion to doing that but idk haha.

Note: despite this I am the official "townie SK" guy so... I sympathize with any mafia confusion (that one was all me tho)

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

I'll refrain from posting my own receipts of Req bitching constantly about the game, but suffice it to say once we reached an understanding of what being toxic meant (after Req changed his definition midgame), Req directly refused to comply with the specific requirements of his role after being warned that failure to do would result in immediate modkill.

I agree that I could have drawn a flowchart titled "babby's first time pretending to be toxic", but I think that the instructions are pretty damn clear to anyone that's played a mafia game here; be a total asshole. Unless you're Tirin, I think anyone here can figure out how to be a relentless dick without it appearing like a genuine display of their personal character.

As you can imagine, I was initially very unhappy with Req's behavior. The string of messages in my inbox and shitty memes a few posts back tell me that Req's not too pleased about my decisions either.

But game-ruining behavior aside, Req caused Wholesome Mafia - a game I secretly designed to become increasingly toxic as it went on - to become rather toxic on a meta level. And he accomplished this by refusing to make toxic posts, even when ordered to do so by the GM under the threat of modkill!

Requiem became a martyr for wholesomeness, which is why I encourage you all to vote for him in the poll. By his actions, we have learned that there must be balance in the forum. My efforts to force others into my toxic design led to extremely wholesome behaviors, which in turn created a measure of toxicity between us, which in turn will spur the following wholesomeness:

Req, I'm sorry bby. We still have some disagreements about how things went down, but ultimately I'm really glad you were a player in this game. I'm sorry I got mad and modkilled you when you said you'd refuse to meet by conditions of being an asshole. At that point, I should have worked with you so that we could figure out how to make your posts toxic in such a way that wouldn't make you uncomfortable, but would still fulfill the mechanic's requirements while being engaging for the other players.

I think that this game was a great learning experience, and I'm happy all of you were a part of it.

Thank you all for playing Wholesome Mafia. <3

Top Bottom