Witcher 3 - Is it worth importing your TW2 saves?

13thforsworn

So I fucked up.

I thought that I'd get an option to import my Witcher 2 saves when I started TW3, since it asked me if I wanted to import my TW1 saves when I played TW2. I received no such option and assumed it might come along some time early in the game. Turns out I have to do it manually. I'm only 3 hours into the game, but I was wondering whether importing my saves makes a big difference in the experience I'll get? I know that I'll keep the tattoo I got in TW2, but that's about it. Thoughts?

@Easy @TimTh33nchant3r

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
That's weird, because it really should have asked you if you wanted to import it when you started the new game. Just after selecting the difficulty, I think.

Anyway, all it really does is add some fun flavor here and there. I think I'd probably consider it to be worth it if all you're losing is three hours, but it's pretty borderline. Especially if you hit the "simulate Witcher 2 save" option before starting the game.

Salsy

As someone who did not import a save but chose to simulate a save via the questioning scene, the only things that "matter" are the choices you made about ...
1: Aryan La Valette
2: Roche vs Iorveth
2.5: (Triss vs Anais La Valette) or (Triss vs Saskia)
3: Sile megascope
4: Letho
Hidden for Stealthy just in case.

Salsy

The scene where I got to make those choices doesn't appear until after the starting zone though.

13thforsworn

I chose not to simulate my saves either since I thought I'd eventually get an option to import. I think I'm going to do it, as much as it pains me to replay all my progress (I know it's only 3 hours, but still). I think I can barrel through everything though since I remember every place I went to and which quests I've done so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom