Elite: Dangerous

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Elite: Dangerous is a game available on Steam in which you become the commander of a ship and explore the vast reaches of space attempting to make a name for yourself; attempting to become Elite. It's your choice, whether you want to become elite in combat, trade or exploration.

This thread, it where I'll just share some of my journey in Elite. It will probably mostly devolve to me sharing screenshots.

-----------

During my journey, I've come across more galaxies than I could wish to remember. When the journey consists of flying from star to star in search of one thing or another, it can become rather monotonous. Quickly does the euphoria of getting close to these titans die out. However, there is the rare occasion when your path crosses with a star which is out of the norm and a feeling of awe washes over the emotional palette.

2015-05-13_00002.jpg

2015-06-25_00001.jpg

Some stars are born more beautiful than others.

Of course, in my journeys I've come across more than just stars. There are times in which the ugliness of mankind manifests in some of the strangest places. On my way to assist in a conflict, I came across one such example.

2015-04-28_00001.jpg

On this topic, you meet some rather colorful characters. Well, colorful names at least...

2015-05-13_00003.jpg

Another instance is when I was testing torpedoes at an extraction site and was in the vicinity of someone being attacked. Immediately they got on the local comms system. (In the upper left corner)

2015-05-01_00007.jpg

Yet, for every tale I remember, I'm sure there's more that I have forgotten. I will try to continue taking pictures for anyone who is interested. For a game that's mostly empty space, there are still some really cool things to see.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Elite: Dangerous is a game available on Steam in which you become the commander of a ship and explore the vast reaches of space attempting to make a name for yourself; attempting to become Elite. It's your choice, whether you want to become elite in combat, trade or exploration.

This thread, it where I'll just share some of my journey in Elite. It will probably mostly devolve to me sharing screenshots.

-----------

During my journey, I've come across more galaxies than I could wish to remember. When the journey consists of flying from star to star in search of one thing or another, it can become rather monotonous. Quickly does the euphoria of getting close to these titans die out. However, there is the rare occasion when your path crosses with a star which is out of the norm and a feeling of awe washes over the emotional palette.

View attachment 128

View attachment 127

Some stars are born more beautiful than others.

Of course, in my journeys I've come across more than just stars. There are times in which the ugliness of mankind manifests in some of the strangest places. On my way to assist in a conflict, I came across one such example.

View attachment 129
On this topic, you meet some rather colorful characters. Well, colorful names at least...

View attachment 130
Another instance is when I was testing torpedoes at an extraction site and was in the vicinity of someone being attacked. Immediately they got on the local comms system. (In the upper left corner)

View attachment 131

Yet, for every tale I remember, I'm sure there's more that I have forgotten. I will try to continue taking pictures for anyone who is interested. For a game that's mostly empty space, there are still some really cool things to see.
*cough* https://machentertainment.com/threads/elite-dangerous.181/#post-3729 *cough*
I played elite dangerous, it was pretty cool, but it was filled with all kinds of issues when I tried it.
Most notable was that the various multiplayer modes where buggy and not fully working.
I hope they've since fixed it :)

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
In my personal experience the multiplayer has been fixed and works well. What does disappoint me is while the scope of the map, if you can call it that, is nicely large. There's not that much to do though. Once you get over the initial hype of trade, kill, mine then it gets really grindy.

CAN'T WAIT FOR STAR CITIZEN THOUGH!! Hopefully it doesn't die.

Top Bottom