Why Do People Enjoy Violence?

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
See, Regis, I don't want to be the one who gets all real here but this is the main reason why no-one takes these threads seriously.

You start the post claiming a neutral opinion with some non offensive disclaimer about you "just not getting" something and wanting it explained to you. You then spend the rest of the thread on some self righteous tirade about how your opinion is the gospel truth and use nothing but caustic sarcasm to address any of the points raised by other people.

If you want to rant then do so, don't sucker people in pretending it's a normal discussion if you're just going to scream about being right.
You didn't give a serious reply, so I didn't give you a serious response.

Tirin, on the other hand, gave a well-reasoned opinion, so I responded in turn.

Besides, I never claimed I was neutral. I claimed I wasn't judgmental, which I'm not.

The Hound

Just Monika
I just enjoy competitions of strength. Some people watch Mathletes compete, Starcraft players, or LoL players fight in a battle of wits, well I like watching two people at their physical peak try to out strength, out speed and yes outwit the opponent to victory. I watch both contact and non contact sports but it's in the contact ones that you really see that battle of strength and I just love it. Yes it is visceral, seeing one human overpower another, it does get my heart pumping, and the adrenaline going which only add to my enjoyment.

That being said I'm not someone who enjoys watching two shmoes fighting outside of a bar, because it's rarely compelling or quality fighting.

Requiem

Violence for the sake of violence is stupid. Violence for the sake of other things as stated here in the thread is dope.

Top Bottom