Death Note

AndyM03

Considering it's now set in America rather then homogeneous Japan, I don't see why that's significant, and considering the last thread you made you need to straighten up mate.

What is significant is Light looking emo/apathetic rather then the star student, head of the school, popular guy, Mr Perfect. That speaks to characterisation, and the divergence is interesting. I haven't really watched a lot of anime, but considering Death Note and Code Geass are some of my all time favourite TV shows ever, I'd like to see this project go well. Hopefully it hits the same notes while being it's own thing, because I don't see a 1:1 adaption going well.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Considering it's now set in America rather then homogeneous Japan, I don't see why that's significant, and considering the last thread you made you need to straighten up mate.
I think it's more the fact that we had a forumer named Lawliet that was black guy in his 20's (until he was revealed to be just a deep-voiced eighteen year old who was in fact, not black a few years back).

What is significant is Light looking emo/apathetic rather then the star student, head of the school, popular guy, Mr Perfect. That speaks to characterisation, and the divergence is interesting. I
Yeah, I'm a bit caught off-guard by that. I was hoping they'd still keep that characterization. I was hoping they'd grab someone who looks younger because in the thumbnail it looks like Jorma Taccone of the Lonely Island.

EDIT: Fuck. The dude is a year younger than me. I'm guessing it's the make-up and camera lighting (Ha!). The guy looks like he's thirty though.

Hopefully it hits the same notes while being it's own thing, because I don't see a 1:1 adaption going well.

"Our vision for Death Note has always been to...introduce the world to this dark and mysterious masterpiece. The talent and diversity represented in our cast, writing, and producing teams reflect our belief in staying true to the story’s concept of moral relevance — a universal theme that knows no racial boundaries.” - Quote from the Producers.

So we'll see how it goes.

Chickenspleen

Has there ever been a decent live action anime adaptation? Especially an American one.

Top Bottom