Discord

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Since my accidental re-opening of Pandora's box I've had lots of random internet people wanting my attention for bug fixes, suggestions, and wanting to be my new best friend etc, so I thought I might as well start up a Discord.

It's pretty much empty right now, but you guys are more then welcome to join, and chat about whatever. If you want any channels or anything I can arrange that, also if the usual suspects join I'll throw modship at people so you can make your own channels.
I've learned to tone down my stress/drama levels by 1,000,000%, so feel free to chat about whatever.
(although, to be fair it's not like it's exactly hard to just make a new discord, so it's whatever really, if someone else wanted to make a mach dedicated one instead I'd still be down for joining).

Or you could not join, I don't care either way really. Just thought it'd be cool to chat with a few people again.
Here's the link:
https://discord.gg/0tIX6osReY3xDu3d

Last edited by a moderator:

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Tried Discord and really wanted to like it but I couldn't. Yeah, it's the modern version of Teamspeak with: a web app so that users don't have to download the client; an easy approach to making "servers"; a modern GUI; free apps for the phone and higher quality audio than Skype but...

The audio quality still isn't Teamspeak levels. Granted most users have cheaper microphones which make no difference but most of my group has good mics and you get used to a certain level of quality. Sure, brand me some elitist audiophile scum or something but I daily my Teamspeak and haven't gone back to Discord except for the few times someone hosts a DnD campaign solely on their Discord server.

I really wish Teamspeak would step up their game and get a modern GUI, or that Discord would let us host private servers on our own hardware and set our own quality levels. I understand that bandwidth costs money and that people's "private server" is actually just hosted on their servers but give me the option to host it privately with high quality audio and I'll jump ship real fucking quick.

TL;DR I like Teamspeak better. We have a teamspeak server at: ts3.machentertainment.com.

Damn, why is this post so long?

Requiem

Makes me wonder why it took so long for you to tell us about your TS server. Tsk tsk.

That's said, Discord is growing slowly but surely. Stuff you don't have now, there's a good chance you'll get later.

Top Bottom