Jon "Pure Aryan Race" Jafari

Shizno

So if you keep up with cancer like I do you might be aware that JonTron has actually come out opposing the whole SJW and mainstream media controlled narratives that he believes have been happening recently. There was a huge outrage over twitter and his Reddit because of it. And recently he even did a debate with a Twitch streamer called Destiny. Which caused even more outrage due to people believing him to be a racist white nationalist or the new face of the alt-right. Curious as to what everyone else thinks of this.

There's the entire debate that you can watch or you can find peoples' bite-sized clips of it. As well as get a better idea of everything that's going on than my shitty summary.

But yeah, seems to me that Jon is just inexperienced with debating and came off as rather awkward in this kind of situation. And lots of things that people were saying about him advocating for ethnic cleansing and an all white nation are outright lies.

Thoughts?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Pretty weird that a mixed-race dude whose last name starts with "Jafar" is lobbying so hard for white interests, apparently believes in white supremacy, and is worried about white people being a minority in America. What, are minorities in America treated badly or something?

Chickenspleen

Guy should probably have done a bit more research before agreeing to a public debate. Or at least figured out how to not sound like a Nazi.

Shizno

He was fairly well-researched about a decent amount of his points, but it was mostly his inexperience showing. Although not sure about which part of the stream he starts sieg heiling.

Pretty weird that a mixed-race dude whose last name starts with "Jafar" is lobbying so hard for white interests, apparently believes in white supremacy, and is worried about white people being a minority in America. What, are minorities in America treated badly or something?
Institutionalized racism, making even the non-pure-whites fight for the glorious aryan dream.

Requiem

Jon's just an idiot, a harmless, dumb guy who just needs to stick to the stuff he knows which is bad games and movies.

Hes allowed to have an opinion and while I disagree with his overall thoughts, I'm positive his opinions have been overblown by practically everyone. He doesn't deserve this much attention, despite his level of Internet fame. He made a mistake by commenting on it at all and now that's becoming more and more clear over time.

Shizno

I don't agree. He views some things as injustice and is trying to speak out about it. Which is at least admirable in ways. Just seems like those that are saying that he shouldn't have gotten involved wants him to stick to his 'thing' of being funny video game guy instead of making the mistake of even trying to speak about the issues. While I don't even agree with everything that he said, I feel that bringing the topics to light and on peoples' minds are one way to get them to start heading towards a solution. Or figure out even faster that there is no solution because there's no problem, whichever one.

Requiem

It's admirable, but it doesn't mean he's good at it. He needs to be more knowledgeable about what he's talking about while also learning how to talk about it.

I'm cool with him having any opinion he wants. I just don't think he handled this situation as well as he could have. His position as a celebrity gives him influence most people don't have. Plus, it's hard to get your thoughts across completely on twitter of all places. It's not the best place to start a discussion like that.

I'm all for him talking and I really don't think that he's some Nazi or white supremacist like people are blowing out of proportion, but he definitely should have taken a step back and thought about what he was choosing to jump into before doing so. That's why I say he should just stop talking about it, really. I disagree with his opinion and just wish he had found a way to better express himself without allowing Twitter to misconstrue everything he wanted to say.

Shizno

Fair enough. I see what y'mean, but the biggest problem he had was that he isn't a debater. And really, there's only one way to get better at that. And one of the reasons why he's been doing other stuff outside of Twitter to get his point across. Like debates and joining a fairly popular political youtuber's streams at points to begin explaining his points. Still awkward, but he's getting there. In case anyone's curious about it, here are the clips from the livestream with Sargon of Akkad and JonTron and a few others:

Ibix

Part of me thinks he probably should've collected himself more after joining the live hangouts, In fairness I assume it was after the US election that he had enough considering the reaction of the Progressive-Sphere. Which would mean he had plenty of time to mull over it. I have not watched the debate so I'm just going to role with him being unskilled against someone who debates.

Also I'm getting to a point where I'm not a big fan of "stick to doing*THING*" I'd honestly encourage him to get better if he wants to be an influence in some aspects of politics. He will keep being weak in arguments until he is good at it or finds out he has absolutely no talent for that sort of thing and just comments rarely. One flimsy debate isn't enough to throw him into the trash chute.

Lumpy

It's not just that Jon did a poor job arguing his opinion, it didn't even seem very fleshed out in the first place. He was trying to apply arguments that make sense for Europe to the US. It did seem very racially based, and even when he moved passed that by suggesting immigration is fine if it's slowed enough to allow for cultural integration, he'd just seemingly circle back to cultural differences being determined by race, which is about as leftist a thought you can ever have.
What, are minorities in America treated badly or something?
Nope. Never.

Top Bottom