Kerbal Space Program

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Well, you can watch me try getting to another planet for the first time on that twitch stream. I seriously thought that it was way harder than it actually was. Unfortunatley my impatientce was my end and I learned somethings the hard way.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
2015-11-09_00002.jpg

I won the challenge although I had a mishap with parachutes. The entry and execution were perfect and my stream-mates complimented me on it but unfortunately the final parachute didn't deploy at all and the rover sustained damage.

Luckily now that I know how to get there, a crew is being sent to service the rover.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Was playing with using airplanes to launch satellites into orbit. Unfortunately KSP's system for rigidity physics sucks ass but at least I made some pretty cool looking cargo planes.
2015-11-20_00002.jpg

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Now I get a third post in a row. After seeing that this game had a big update for satellites and requires them for communication, I jumped back in and this time around I got a whole lot better at the game.

I built a rocket with the intent of collecting data from a high munar orbit and with some research stumbled upon how to design a extremely efficient rocket.
20161023005204_1.jpg

This is her after completing the mission. Trying for efficiency, she's using the atmosphere to slow her down over multiple passes rather than burning fuel to slow down. I ended up using stage 1 though after I got too aggressive and was on a final approach at nearly 2Km a second. Luckily she's built purty good and she landed with no damage and I was able to retrieve all 160 science points from her trip.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I should get back into this and check out what else they've added. Maybe after I've finished a few of the other games I'm playing through right now.

Top Bottom