Meanwhile in Canada...

13thforsworn

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Funny how every time a gun doesn't look like your standard M-16 it gets termed a "Halo Gun" even though the only similarities the guns used in the Halo games and these "Halo Guns" are similarities found in every modern sporting rifles.

As for the gun itself they made a bullpup design. Basically the magazine and all the mechanical stuff is located behind the trigger instead of in front of the barrel this allows for the entire gun to be shorter and more maneuverable without sacrificing barrel length. This isn't surprising since China and a lot of Europe use bullpup designs as their primary rifle designs for military and police force. Looks like they wen't with a built in internal suppressor which is alright but doesn't effect rifles too much unless they'er using subsonic rounds. And they opted to mount the grenade launcher on the top rail instead of the under rail, but there isn't much under rail on bullpups. It just looks like they are using electronics to help aim the rifle which is probably because the sights will be way higher then normal if they're sitting on top of a grenade launcher. Electronically assisted aiming isn't new either though I've mostly only seen it in sniper rifles. The gun doesn't shoot itself the article even states that it doesn't.

In all nothing about the gun is new except that it's Canadian. Does that make it a bad gun? No, Colt usually knows what they're doing when it comes to fire arms.

Will the gun catch on or will it be just another cool idea that you rarely see outside of collections will depend on how well it does shoot, how it stands up to the environment, how easy it is to use and to maintain, and how much it costs. The price alone may scare off agencies from adopting the firearm and with how much they're talking this thing up with all the gadgets and stuff, it sounds like it wont be cheap.

I don't mean to be negative I just want to loo past the hype train.

Bottom line: I want one!

13thforsworn

As for the gun itself they made a bullpup design. Basically the magazine and all the mechanical stuff is located behind the trigger instead of in front of the barrel this allows for the entire gun to be shorter and more maneuverable without sacrificing barrel length.
Proud of myself that I noticed this on my own. Gotta thank FPS Russia (as much as I hate to admit it) for teaching me about bullpup designs.

Top Bottom