Shooting at Canada's Parliament Hill

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
That's really horrible that someone would shoot a soldier. I live around a 5 hour drive away from Ottawa. I hope they find out why he was shot.

13thforsworn

They suspect terrorism. Two days earlier, a radicalized individual (whose passport was revoked) ran down two Canadian soldiers with his car in Quebec, one of which died yesterday. Seems as if these attacks were done in the same vein. Also, the soldier who was shot today has died. The Canadian Forces have advised their soldiers not to wear their unifroms in public unless on duty.

So I watched Canadian coverage of this incident for about an hour, before going to the gym, where they air CNN on the TVs. I gotta say, the fear mongering machine on American news stations is running at full capacity. They were talking about ISIS, and how it was obviously inspired by them (despite zero details that confirm this), and how there are no armed guards in the Canadian parliament buildings (despite the fact that there are, the guy who killed one of the shooters, the Sergeant at Arms, is the head of the Parliamentary guard). It's kinda ridiculous.

Raw footage of the moment when the shooter was apparently killed. The acoustics of the building make the sound of the gun shots insane.

The Hound

Just Monika
US news fear mongering? No way get out of here they never do that, they're always so honest and calming.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The first guy can actually be pretty strongly connected with ISIS's ideology, if not the organization itself. I don't know about the second guy (or guys, as the case may be). Either way, they aren't doing so hot now.

That's really horrible that someone would shoot a soldier. I live around a 5 hour drive away from Ottawa. I hope they find out why he was shot.
While I can't say that it's horrible to shoot soldiers, since it's what they sign up for, it is pretty awful to shoot a soldier who's not on active duty, especially one who's guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This guy's a pretty big dick.

Top Bottom