STEAM SUMMER SALE

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind

Summer sale's on, boys! Report back with the best deals you can find on good games, and brag about your excellent purchases!

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
The only games I found that have tempted to me to buy them are not on sale or only have small deals.

The Hound

Just Monika
All the games I want are either on paltry deals or not discounted at all, going to have to be patient and not be tempted to buy something before the last day.

EDIT: Someone told me Steam changed how they did things this past Winter Sale so that what I said isn't going to happen and these shitty sales (like 10% off games that are over a year old) are here to stay. I missed the Winter Sale so I have no reference.

Last edited:

13thforsworn

The only game I am insta-buying if it becomes 75% off is Life is Strange, but I don't see that happening for another two seasonal sales.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
This isn't me talking about my excellent purchases, in fact many would say that I have made poor purchases. I got Darkest Dungeon for 40% off and I bought a game that came out a few days ago at full price. They're both really fun, so I don't regret not waiting for a better sale.

The Hound

Just Monika
So I couldn't remember if Darkest Dungeon was completely done or not (because I was waiting on it until it was) but when I got to their steam page and looked at the reviews all the top ones were negative. In fact as I write this I've gone into the browse reviews section and every review for the month is negative. I thought the game looked pretty awesome and I heard good stuff about it, I'm going to have to do more digging.

Sorry for a ramble-y post.

EDIT: Nevermind seems like people don't like the difficulty at the highest levels think it was a waste of time, but then there's plenty people eventually after scrolling a bit that had no issues with it and loved the game. I know steam's review system is shit, but it looks really bad when it's a sea of downvotes.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Darkest Dungeon is a game about making the best of bad situations. The game tells you that at the very beginning. My first character death happened when a character got crit three times in one battle. I almost had a party wipe on the pig boss because I killed the little pig first, if I didn't retreat everyone would have died. I like that sort of difficulty in a game sometimes.

The other game I got is VA-11 Hall-A. I think it's pretty damn amazing, but I understand why people might not like it. Imagine if papers please was about bartending and was more of a visual novel in terms of its storytelling and gameplay. Maybe it's just because the humor and style of the game appeals to me.

The Hound

Just Monika
Wasn't much of a deal but I bought Enter the Gungeon, been wanting it for awhile and 20% off seemed good enough.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I got enter the gungeon a while ago, it's pretty fun and relatively easy.

I bought Momodora: reverie under the moonlight for 20% off.

Top Bottom