Stranger Things

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
On S2E6 and liking it more as it goes along. Dustin's pretty Bard. Max is pretty Rogue. Big Gubmint seems actually pretty helpful and sympathetic so far, feels like Nancy and PA are being way too hasty on this one. Somebody should really try doping Will and sticking him into a sauna to see what happens, though.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Somebody should really try doping Will and sticking him into a sauna to see what happens, though.
Okay, I called this shit so long ago. Apparently America's cutting-edge gubmint doctors and scientists don't know shit about medicine - perhaps single-payer isn't really the way to go, after all. Find out new contagion has very poor tolerance for particular environment, don't consider this a potential treatment approach. C'mon, chaps, do you only do your jobs when some kinda sociopath is telling you it requires a bunch of shady ethical violations?

Nancy consoling and coaching Dustin at the end there was hella heartwar- what? Sh-shut up, I'm not crying, you're crying!

Steve's a pretty respectable dude, although he really oughtta lift more.

Interesting to see Project D'Artagnan work out alright in favor of karma and kindness and tolerance, even going so far as to fix most of the serious problems that came up as a direct result of keeping that thing alive in the first place. Because it's exactly that kinda reckless experimentation with weird new lifeforms that got a Hell Portal opened up in Hawkins, way back, to begin with.

Okay, now to read the thread and see what I missed while trying to avoid any spoilers.
Rest in peace you beautiful goonie. When they said he was the founder of the AV club, I knew exactly what they meant. Such a good tribute to the man who probably helped inspire a lot of what Stranger Things became through movies like the goonies, at least for the kids.
Only reference I got was his last name. Poor newbie.
Driving the boys to the hole? These kids are smart enough to have convinced Steve to take them.
No, they're not. They tried, and there's damn good reason it didn't work: Steve's not that smart, but even he could see that loosing a bunch of thirteen-year-olds into SEAL-Clubbing-Monster's Central Headquarters was a terrible idea.
And what happened to the dead demodog in the fridge? They stuffed it in there, went into the tunnel, and then fast forwarded to the Snow Ball.
Ooh, good question. Straight up forgot about that. Gave it up to The Lab, maybe?

Also, RIP all those unfortunate patsies from the Department of Energy.
I couldn't stand Steve at the beginning but by the end of season 2 he had become one of my favorite characters.
Reason you and I hate teenager shit is because it focuses on so much petty bullshit, which teenagers are mostly too narrow-minded, inexperienced, and/or unimaginative to realize is petty bullshit. Steve served as a nice subversion of the trope this season, because part of being in high school is also 'hitting senior year, and realizing that high school's about to be over and shit's about to get real'. Often comes with a whole huge shift in priorities.

EDIT: Oh we're doing spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Requiem

The reference I was referring to was the fact that the actor who played Bob played the main kid in the Goonies movie, the influences of which pretty much wrote the book on 80s kids adventure movies and are felt in the way the kids, the young ones, talk to each other and act.

Basically, Bob being the founder of the AV club that the younger group is a part of is a nod to how, as a kid, the actor who played Bob was in the same position that all of these other new, up and coming child actors now find themselves in. Basically saying "thanks for doing what you did in the actual 80s to help shape what's being done in the show."

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Ah, neat. Thanks for the explanation on that.

The Hound

Just Monika
Holy shit I didn't know that the actor who played Bob was the main kid in the Goonies, that's fucking brilliant. God I love this show.

Tag_Ross

He was also Rudy and Samwise Gamgee, which is why
I was disappointed with him stopping in episode 8

Requiem

He literally just had to keep running. You don't stop running with monsters chasing you.

God damn you Bob, you beautiful, majestic hobbit.

Top Bottom