Inactive The Murder of Dr. Lotus

Lotus

After having a long discussion with Tim, I've decided to set up a game here that works kind of like clue/kill doctor lucky.

Each player will have a 'role' that has a 'method' of murder. Each player will be attempting to kill me, the host of the 'game'.

Players can murder each other as well.

I'm going to design a grand mansion that the players will be invited to by me. Each will have very specific motive to kill me. I will have invited everyone to make amends for past wrongdoings. It is during this time that the players will decide to take action and kill me using their method.

The game will be run in 'turns'. Each turn a player can move to an adjacent room, search a room for potential items needed for their method of murder, or they can interact with other people in the same room.

Players cannot make a kill attempt unless there is nobody in adjacent rooms and their target is in the same room as them.

In order to make a kill, a player must have the items needed for their kill method. An arsonist would require fuel and spark for example. A gunslinger would need a gun and a bullet.

When searching a room for tools, only one item can be picked up per turn.

A large portion of this game will be played through PMs. All PMs will go through me, obviously, and people in the same room will be aware of anything said or done by other people in the same room, and in some cases, adjacent rooms.

The person that finds and kills Lotus wins.

I feel like I've explained this terribly, and I'll need to re-iterate on most of it, but how does this sound? I'd need oh, 5-7 players.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Sounds neat, I wanted to write a CYOA story based around clue once, but I couldn't figure out a good way to write it. So is the game just over after a kill go through?

Lotus

Pretty much, but it theoretically should be harder that it seems to actually kill me. I'm going to draw up a map, or steal one, of a mansion with a multitude of rooms. A player has to have the items necessary for their method, and be alone with me to successfully kill me.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So will the players have to be sneaky about it? For example would they be able to kill them in the open?

I tried making a rough map of a mansion once to give me a rough idea of the layout. Although I wasn't going to show it to players because there was likely some glaring design flaw in the layout.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
No bathrooms.
That's actually intentional, I was feeling lazy and didn't want to draw bathrooms in. I never intended to show readers the map in the story so I just kept stuff like that at the back of my mind.

Lotus

They wouldn't really /need/ to be stealthy, kills just wouldn't be possible with any sort of witnesses around. If someone can see you attempt a kill, they automatically stop you, and gain the knowledge that you're trying to kill people. (In the case that you're trying to kill someone that isn't me.)

Top Bottom