Walrus for Mayor 2018: The Nostalgia & Games Party

Walrus

PENDING PROGRESS ON IMPORTANT NEGOTIATIONS FOR PROTECTING FORUM SAFETY

The constitution draft at https://machentertainment.com/help/constitution/ is fairly decent right now. Point system may need work. I'll be reviewing it more as it continues to be fleshed out, but I'd mainly propose changes in the form of amendments rather than complete destruction and overhaul.]

Last edited:

Requiem

Yes. Sent you a Discord message.
He has time for political interviews, but not for making a tabletop character that he himself said he would make over a week ago? Doesn't seem like someone worthy of a vote

Walrus

He has time for political interviews, but not for making a tabletop character that he himself said he would make over a week ago?
DISCORD - APPROXIMATELY 7 DAYS AGO
upload_2018-3-11_3-43-43.png

Worked on character last night after the interview.

Requiem

Ah, but the real question is, would you have done that without me promoting you to do so in regards to a forum election?

Either way, you've made a character after talking about it back in February, so that's all I care about, lol.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
propose changes in the form of amendments rather than complete destruction and overhaul.
I just kind of overhauled it since I didn't like the layout it was following. It has pretty similar content but I tried to be more clear on some things. Article 4 is completely new and was inspired by your platform. Keep an eye on it though, it's filled with formatting errors and is still incomplete.

Also, the old constitution is still there so that all candidates can still reference it. I'm not sure if I'll keep a list of all of the versions or just the previous one however.

Walrus

Based on recent developments in the Forum Court (@Ibix), this campaign is adding a new item to its agenda: The establishment of a higher court for matters beyond Easy's jurisdiction and for appeals. I, Walrus Man, will be running for Chief Justice of this higher court. Traditionally, Chief Justices are appointed rather than elected so, if we insist on an appointment, then, if elected mayor, I shall instead appoint a qualified member of my choice to Chief Justice (most likely, Walrus Man).

This higher court will judge over
-Cases pertaining to community members beyond the jurisdiction of Easy (e.g. incidents connected to other districts like Geek^2 or Unforgotten Realms; pending tighter definition)
-Appeals of cases judged upon in Easy's court

For a case to reach this higher court, it must be authorized by at least two of the following
-The Forum Mayor (after the end of the 2018 election)
-The lower Forum Court Judge (in this case, @Easy)
-The Forum Owner (in this case, @RECONmaster)

Verdicts will be decided by jury. In case of a hung jury, it will be escalated to the Chief Justice to make a ruling. The Chief Justice shall always write and publish an opinion on the case, even if it is ultimately decided by jury.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I have severe reservations about the concentration of executive and judicial power proposed by Walrus Man, particularly since it relegates the experienced and honorable Justice Easy to a lower court. It seems very obvious that he's attempting strongman politics in the vein of Putin and Erdogan, including - but not limited to - concentration of power in the hands of the executive and smearing his political opponents with false propaganda (for an example, see the recent and totally unexpected "leak" found here).

I wanted this to be a clean campaign, but it's clear to me now that Walrus Man is a dirty candidate. I'm no fan of tyranny; just fair, righteous, and honest Tirinny.

The Hound

Just Monika
I'll be honest the idea of Walrus Man being the chief justice sounds almost as bad of an idea as making Dunsparce or me chief justice.

Walrus

@Ro Ro Ro 's case deserves to be HEARD The primary goal of this proposal is to open the gates for cases that the Honorable Easy will not hear. Even if the Honorable Easy Rider considers a case beneath his dignity, THIS court will (likely) be available for accepting it (this court has different standards). The "concentration of executive and judicial power," the "height" of this court (whether it is above, below, or beside Easy's), the exact mechanisms for how cases are received and tried, those are unimportant and negotiable. The hearing is most important.

I am interested to SEE what other mayoral candidates think of Ro3's case, and if they will include plans to allow it heard in their own proposals.

(I'll still work on the exact mechanisms part, though. I have LISTENED to some concerns about obtuse bureaucracy and perceived power, and these mechanisms can be revised, even in the middle of a trial).

Top Bottom