Wonder Woman

AndyM03

I mean, it wasn't competing with much.
But yeah, honestly, really well done. Besides some cringeyness during the island portions I thought it tops. Loved the humour.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
The final boss battle was a little on the weak side and I wish some of the side characters got a little more screen time, but those are minor complaints. Really good movie though.
At least now I can feel a little excited for the Justice League movie.

Anatronman

I feel like this movie missed the mark. It's way too close to the themes of the first World War to be a fun ride for little girls to be empowered watching, and while Gal Gadot is charming and plays a great "lost puppy", Wonder Woman doesn't seem to have much of a moral center. By the time we got to the chanting ideologies while tearing up concrete, I wasn't really sure what she stood for. The idea seems to be that she fights for what she believes in, which is to end the fighting, which history tells us ends up making everything much worse. If she fights for love than the movie has a quirky way of showing it.

Obviously there's no comparison to the Zack Snyder attempts beyond the hilariously dated projectile/kick slowdown, this movie is entertaining and at least half of it isn't grey. However, I've had a lot of trouble discussing it, as there aren't really any thinking pieces or complex ideas that linger more than a few hours.

AndyM03

The final boss battle was a little on the weak side and I wish some of the side characters got a little more screen time, but those are minor complaints. Really good movie though.
At least now I can feel a little excited for the Justice League movie.
Yeah that's what I forgot to say. Could have been a better fight, looked a bit off.
In fact, the amount of slow motion shots throughout was ridiculous haha, was not a fan of that.

@Anatronman Well we know she wants to stop Ares specifically and end the war. It's a simple goal and i'm pretty sure that simplicity is meant to contrast with the complexities around her. It's an M rated movie so I think it's fine to touch the darker themes of the first World War, and I think they do it well.

You're right though, it's not the most complex movie and it didn't need to be. It was a really fun watch and had great moments and characters, and I think that's all anyone could ask for from a Super hero flick.

Top Bottom