2 year old shoots mother in Idaho Walmart

Zapy97

It could have been a revolver.
Safety for a Revolver is leaving it on an empty chamber. Well I guess no one is really perfect, accidents happen.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I read about this not too long ago. What sucks most is that kid's gonna live the rest of his life knowing he killed his own mother...

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Also that she actually got killed. That sucks, too.

Mind you, accidental shootings aren't exactly uncommon in places with lots of guns. The only thing really novel about this story is that it happened in a Wal-Mart... and even that's not far from "par for the course," really.

Requiem

Pretty much. There's also the fact that gun safety isn't properly taught or at least properly followed by everyone who owns a gun. People get lazy because, "It'll never happen to me!" and then it happens to them.

Don't own a gun if you're not going to be vigilant about properly using them at all times. Shit like this happens all too often because people are just plain lazy and it's sad how avoidable it is.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
World's just as full of bullet-riddled "gun safety experts" as it is of gunshot two-year-olds. One problem with having weapons around that a two-year-old could kill people with, is that every now and then a two-year-old can get hold of one.

...Not overall the biggest problem, mind.

Requiem

Yeah, I agree to an extent, but I'm not of the opinion that a gun simply being present means that eventually the gun will fall into the wrong hands, like a two year old's. The mother should have had the gun in a concealed carry holster or in the very least, turn the safety on (even though that's definitely not a foolproof solution). I will agree, however, that if a gun is present there's an obviously much higher chance of it falling into the wrong hands. I just don't think that it's inevitable, you know?

Top Bottom