Deadpool

AndyM03

I really liked it. I think Colossus was surprisingly hilarious, and as always T.J Miller is great. I'm curious to see how the sequel will go and overall just left the cinema very happy and needing of a unicorn.

Tag_Ross

Definitely expected the movie to be dp-fan-pandering trash. Loved the jokes, understood almost all of them. Loved the pacing, even if there were some slow points in the middle.

I will say that deadpool didn't feel as much like deadpool as i think he should have, but I felt like it was a good introduction for those who aren't deadpool fans and now with the introduction/origin out of the way deadpool2/X-Force should feel even smoother.

Also, I didn't like that the skin thing wasn't because of the cancer.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I will say that deadpool didn't feel as much like deadpool as i think he should have,
Really? I saw Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool as the equivalent of Robert Downey Jr. was Iron Man. He absolutely killed the role.

I saw the movie not too long ago with friends and I was laughing from start to finish. The opening credits, the sub-story for the taxi driver, the meta-jokes. They didn't go full tragedy with Deadpool's back story like some iterations of his story and they didn't make him obnoxious yelling about chimichangas. He felt like classic Deadpool.

Nega Teenage Sonic Warhead was a surprisingly fun character, but Colossus stole the show for me. He was absolutely perfect.

Tag_Ross

Really? I saw Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool as the equivalent of Robert Downey Jr. was Iron Man. He absolutely killed the role.
Oh no, I loved his performance, I just feel DP wasn't as insane as he should have been, like you said I didn't want him spewing garbage and chimichangas at the camera every five minutes, but he felt less "actually fucking insane" and more "kill happy revenge fueled smartass" but now that his revenge has been dealt with I am hoping his insanity becomes more a part of his character.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Oh no, I loved his performance, I just feel DP wasn't as insane as he should have been, like you said I didn't want him spewing garbage and chimichangas at the camera every five minutes, but he felt less "actually fucking insane" and more "kill happy revenge fueled smartass" but now that his revenge has been dealt with I am hoping his insanity becomes more a part of his character.
Oh! I got'cha. Yeah, I can definitely see that. To be fair, Deadpool was always known as the "Merc with a mouth" and he is kind of insane. Sawing off is own hand was pretty insane. Who knows! We'll see how Deadpool goes with its sequel, since it has to be getting one with how much money it pulled in at the Box Office.

Rondait

It was a good movie. Can't say I was expecting much since bunch of girls at work basically huffed and puffed everyday I didn't see it and made it seem like the next best things since sliced bread, so I figured it would just be constant pandering. I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't the best movie I've seen, but I genuinely enjoyed it.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I'm tired of every superhero movie upping the stakes and saving the world from certain doom every ten seconds, so I loved Deadpool as a smaller, slice-of-life superhero flick.

Like, I just want more slice-of-life Marvel. Captain America freaking out about inflation at the grocery store, the Hulk stubbing his toe and almost going full Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye going on a friend date, Nick Fury trying to take a vacation.

I WANT IT.

Requiem

Agreed. They need to bring the stakes down. That's why I think Ant-Man was a success at all. It wasn't the best thing ever, but it was a lighthearted, superhero, heist movie.

Good to know Deadpool does more of the same, just even better than Ant-Man ever could.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'm tired of every superhero movie upping the stakes and saving the world from certain doom every ten seconds, so I loved Deadpool as a smaller, slice-of-life superhero flick.
Yep. It's why I loved Guardians of the Galaxy more than Avengers. While it was still saving the world, the slice of life and the comedy up until that point was great. Including the anti-climatic "Dance Off" scene.

Requiem

Well it wasn't saving the world, just saving a world, which weirdly brought it to smaller stakes. I loved Guardians of the Galaxy for that.

13thforsworn

Saw Deadpool today with some people I met at the Lazer Team premier (including Phat's sisters). As someone who knew very little about Deadpool, I thought the movie was absolutely positively fantastic. Really funny all around. The only thing that wasn't clear to me was what the super powers of Francis and Francis' girl were. Just super strength or something? Also, why the fuck does Colossus have like a Russian accent?

13thforsworn

And of course you of all people would take offense to him being Russian.
I just thought it was a weird choice because he's a dude with a Russian accent who is characteristically un-Russian. How man Russians spare the lives of their enemies? The answer is none.

And wait, are you wheelzing all over Phat's sister?
I̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶.̶
Two bitches at the same time, synchronized swimmers

But seriously, no.

Last edited:

Lotus

He did constantly 'pause' various scenes to talk directly to the audience. In my opinion, that's about 'actually fucking insane' as it goes, DP style. I recall a point that Colossus just looked at him confused. "What?" Because DP cut him off to explain something to well...me, and I suppose you as well.

Top Bottom