Doctor Strange

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Okay Cumberbitches, what did you think?

I enjoyed the film, but it wasn't exactly groundbreaking. Were it not for Cumberdick being the lead, I would have waited till it was available to rent. I thought it had the small-scale feel of Ant Man (pun intended), but that was kind of offset by all the magical mystical shenanigans.

I heard a few friends say they enjoyed it in 3D, though 3D mostly just gives me headaches so I opted out. Anybody see it in 3D and genuinely enjoy that aspect of it?

Also, please share your favorite name variants for Bennymic Cuckerhatch

Chickenspleen

The visuals were so freaking fantastic. I honestly believe this is the best use of the trippy style of special effects since Inception.

I think story-wise it was as fun as any Marvel movie, though it was a bit derivative of older ones. I found Dr. Strange to be something like a new money Tony Stark. The climax was cool in that it didn't end up in a big air battle, so there's that.

Salsy

Best "Don't Text and Drive" ad I've ever seen. 10/10

Seriously though, do yourself a favor and watch it. And watch it in 3D. The visuals are not just an Inception clone. And the final act is fucking killer. Subverts the hell out of standard superhero boss fights.

Requiem

It apparently introduced the Multiverse to the MCU. I'm more than pleased by this.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Best "Don't Text and Drive" ad I've ever seen. 10/10
Best episode of House that I've ever seen.

And the final act is fucking killer. Subverts the hell out of standard superhero boss fights.
Seriously.

Overall though, it was a good movie. I usually don't adore marvel movies and I don't hate them either. They're just a reliable venue of good entertainment. Dr. Strange was probably one of the better ones that I've seen.

Top Bottom