Forumer Chat Thread

13thforsworn

I dunno, they're all stylized, which is cool. And while I'm not crazy about the style, I'm sure I'd get used to them. Like, the old avatars were fucking awful, but I loved and continue to love them. Does anyone remember the "You shall not pass lol" avatar? I'm like 99% sure I drew that wizard in MS paint in 20 seconds. But it was hilarious every time I saw it.

Last edited:

AndyM03

I dunno, they're all stylized, which is cool. And while I'm not crazy about the style, I'm sure I'd get used to them. Like, the old avatars were fucking awful, but I loved and continue to love them. Does anyone remember the "You shall not pass lol" avatar? I'm like 99% sure I drew that wizard in MS paint in 20 seconds. But it was hilarious every time I saw it.
I don't dislike the concept but The style seems too detailed to look good to me.
Like, it's cartoony, but with juuust too many details that makes it look uglier then something far more simple (aka our old avatars).

13thforsworn

It's all a matter of personal preference. I'll admit I'm not too crazy about them either.

I have to admit, EA can really put together a good trailer.

I wasn't a Star Wars fan until recently (last two years or so), but the story bits in the trailer are super fucking interesting to me, like the Empire's reaction to the destruction of the Death Star II and the death of the Emperor and Vader.
Hopefully the game itself isn't shit like the last one.

AndyM03

Yeah that trailer looked reeeeally good.
Battlefront was quite the disappointment, I enjoyed the beta though haha.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I was a big fan of my old skull avatar on Urealms, personally; the simpler design of the old shit made it a lot less visually cluttered. I might actually check out that new forum to see what's up widdit when he launches, but I can't imagine staying on it for long given my history with Rob.

Also, that Battlefront 2 trailer looks fucking awesome, and if it lives up to it I'mma buy that shit.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Rob running a forum is almost as good of an idea as me running a forum.
I know enough to know if I ever need a forum again, to get someone else to run it, and I'll just host it.

I'm not touching that with a bargepole.

Steal Thy Kill

Pretty sure we should all just ambush his new forums and join all at once, if only for like a day.

Also, yeah, seems like they're gonna be answering all the complaints of the first Battlefront I think. Single Player Campaign and then hopefully space battles.

Dunsparce

I might actually check out that new forum to see what's up widdit when he launches, but I can't imagine staying on it for long given my history with Rob.
Pretty sure we should all just ambush his new forums and join all at once, if only for like a day.
Yes! Tirin! Stealthy! Join my crusade to make Rob's life a modicum more difficult!

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
As far as I'm aware, I'm the only person there is who's actually had an overall positive reaction to Mass Effect: Andromeda. I mean, there's kind of a lot to complain about, but in the end, I'm still looking forward to the (hopefully very much cleaned-up) sequel. And that... well, that's a lot more than anyone's ever said about ME3.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I also liked ME3, but it certainly didn't leave me wanting more.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I also liked ME3, but it certainly didn't leave me wanting more.
It shouldn't have since it was the end of the arc.

I actually enjoyed playing through ME: Andromeda. It certainly could be cleaned up in spots, but overall the entire experience was enjoyable.

Requiem

I enjoyed Andromeda very much. I agree it shouldn't have shipped in such a sorry state, but the complaints were vastly overblown. The game was fine. It should have been great, but oh well, they're fixing it. I prefer video games because they can be patched, unlike some other media. They fucked up, they'll fix their mistakes.

Plus the combat is fucking great.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, that's a great summary. I'll add that the family-background/interaction elements didn't touch me at all, as there was very little about it that I could relate to, but that's okay. A lot of people go into RPG's looking for a way to craft a 'my story' out of them, but I'm fine with just 'a story', especially if I can do it my own way. Andromeda did that okay, so I don't really have complaints on that score.

Taking out the Paragon/Renegade bilateral decision-making might have been a good play as well, but who knows? If that actually just results in them giving up on letting you choose distinctly different paths and endings based on your actions, then that's a real letdown for the newest ME title. I also find it hard to imagine that they'll go through the effort of making all the exponentially-increasing branches that'd come with your having extra options at each turn, especially given how halfassed a lot of the finer points of Andromeda were, so in all honesty I'm not very hopeful about the future of the series there. More likely, though, they'll just focus on a very few things to make a big deal out of, while ignoring how you conclude the other very many other decisions you've made. (So, basically, like they've been doing all along, but taking out the part where you unlocked better options for such major decisions by sticking to one path for the smaller ones.) I'm alright with that, too. I'm still interested in seeing what kind of effects those actually important decisions have.

Oh. Also, didn't like the crew so much. I sympathize with Cora, but she's kind of a tool. Gil's an obnoxious prick. Vetra makes a great first impression, but gets old after a little while. Liam sucks, and I felt great about chewing him out after his absolute fuckup of a loyalty mission. Jaal's like an adorable puppy that grows up into an incredibly needy little whiner of a dog, and Suvie's just boring. Peebe switches between earning my respect and earning my wrath with such alacrity, that I'd have absolutely shot her in the face if that were an option, during her loyalty mission. (It wasn't, though, so I just ended up fucking her instead.) Salarian pilot guy, he's alright. Old Krogan brawler guy, he's okay too, but he oughtta understand that I'd rather fight a whole bunch more exalted Krogans, than go up against whatever it is that an exalted Salarian Pathfinder turns into. Asari medic woman... well, I'd hit that. That's all.

Everyone on the Council sucks, so I mostly went along with Tann. Mostly.

tl;dr: I really miss Tali'Zorah.

Chickenspleen

I just spent my entire day writing glorified Star Wars fanfiction for a class and listening to entire David Bowie albums on YouTube. It was simultaneously a great day and an awful day.

Chickenspleen

It was a script I wrote for a final project. I was assigned to a Star Wars screenplay group. Mine was a loose adaptation of the Darth Bane novels and ended up being around 45 pages long.

Requiem

I liked the majority of the party members in Andromeda personally, but I can see why you don't like them mostly. Cora and Liam are really weak when compared to some human party members from previous games, but I really liked the other characters. They move away from the military precision of the previous party members which fits since your team and even Ryder are new at what they're doing. They sorta wing it through most of the adventure.

Definitely take Drack with you next chance you get though, just let his party banter with everyone play through. He quickly became my favorite character.

I'm ready for the sequel and the future dlc we'll get, so all in all, it's a pleasant time to be a mass effect fan who knows other games exist too.

Top Bottom