Golden Lore 2: Electric Boogaloo, Reloaded; Final re:Mix+, the Revengeance, Redux (by Fallout Boy)

Requiem

Just because they're not posting here doesn't mean they're not PMing me. If you want to make a sheet, make one. If anything, it'll at least be practice and you can have another RP character in the bucket. Tim is writing something, we're working on his character. Tirin doesn't say that he's going to make a character and then just not do it. If you want to play, then play.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'll make a character sometime in the next week, and most probably Thursday or Friday or somethin'.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Alright there are a few things I want to get done first though. I also still need to think about making a fantasy nations sheet.

TimTh33nchant3r

Name: Slaine Theoden
Race: Elf
Appearance:
Weathered, pale, very wrinkled. Thin white hair, and pale blue eyes. Wears glasses with numerous secondary lenses and a tattered apron full of miscellaneous tools. His clothes are pretty worn, and of a style that hasn't been popular in decades.
Personality: Slaine is a patient man, as he's been around a very long time. He's seen a lot of people rise and fall, and doesn't concern himself much with politics, crime, the grand scheme of things, or really anything much beyond his trinkets. Little trifles don't tend to trouble him much, though that's not to say he is inattentive to details. Being thorough is something he prides himself on. He is frugal, and won't typically spend money frivolously.

History: Slaine Theoden has essentially been making clockworks since they have been invented, and fine jewelry even prior to that. He's been around as an artisan of one type of thing or another since before the empire's inception, and survived the absorption of the various nations into it unscathed. In his youth, he apprenticed to an elven jeweler by the name of Naevalis Troyard, and learned the secrets of elven craftsmanship over the course of human lifetimes.

Time passed, technology developed, and tastes changed, but Slaine always managed to be just ahead of the next popular style in the ever-shifting paradigms of high elven fashion. He eventually grew bored of crafting just a few pieces a year, and began to hone his magical talent for shaping metals with an eye toward faster production of ever-increasingly complex items, a decision that set him at odds with his former master, Naevalis. He grew so skilled, that once he perfected a design, he could replicate it near-flawlessly in a matter of hours provided that he had the materials required. Naevalis saw this mass-production of items as both a literal and figurative cheapening of their shared trade, and in the course of their disagreement caused Slaine to be effectively ostracized by the higher classed members of elven society.

He worked for a time, producing high-quality jewelry at a low cost and selling it for a modest profit to the lower classes; in fact many descendants of his customers of that era still possess their forebears' Theoden original pieces. However, Slaine inevitably grew weary of the mounting economic pressures placed on him by the other jewelers led by master Troyard and bored with mass-producing the jewelry itself. He sold his storefront and remaining stock, and left to learn a new discipline. He traveled far, to the city of Poria, and took up another apprenticeship, as a clock-worker.

Slaine learned the ins and outs of time-keeping machinery, from the most primitive water-powered clocks, to ones that used weights for power, to tiny clocks that would fit in a man's pocket powered by springs. The humans of the city were obsessed with time, to Slaine's mind, and he found it oddly beautiful. They had so little time that it made perfect sense to him, and it eventually was as if he could see the measurements of a being's life in the gentle ticking of a well-maintained pocket-watch. Even the long-lived elves such as he were ultimately measurable entities in the eyes of time itself.

It was during this time that Slaine fell in love with Rita, a human woman living in the city. They spent most of her life together, and had two sons and a daughter together. Time inevitably passed though, and with it, Rita. It was something he'd known would happen, but her passing still brought him great sorrow. Still, they say time heals all wounds, and it certainly always marches on. Days became weeks, weeks became months, months became years, and years became decades. Before he knew it, Slaine had an entire clan of mixed-blood humans descended from him, and none of them really gave much thought to their umpteen-greats grandfather.

Slaine practiced his craft for a very long time, always working to find a better arrangement, a movement more accurate no matter what position the watch was in, a better lubricant, a more rust-proof alloy, or some other minute improvement. Eventually, without him realizing it, time had passed him by. Even his considerable ability to easily produce high-quality clockworks was ultimately outstripped by the ability of modern factories to mass-produce cheap watches relying on electrical power and oscillating quartz crystals, since they didn't have to pay for gems, either decorative or integral to the movement. Now he remains an inexpensive vendor in terms of mechanical watches, primarily catering to the growing middle-class of Poria.

Magic: Slaine has the power to move and shape metals with his mind. He can, for instance, convert a street sign into a sword that would be far too heavy for him to wield were he not moving it with his mind. Alternately, he could reinforce the aluminum of a car door with his will, rendering it bullet-resistant as long as he maintained his concentration to hold it in the shape and place it was in. He could even hurl projectiles, provided they were metal, though he's not really able to move things much faster than if they were thrown.

Misc.: Slaine is actually far wealthier than his clothes, job, or demeanor would initially indicate. Centuries of saving coupled with compounded interest have done wonders for his bank account, inflation be damned.

Slaine isn't really a fighter, and would prefer to be far away from any rough-housing that may occur.

Slaine is a bit nearsighted, and wears glasses to correct this. He also has a number of magnifying lenses he uses when making his art.

(That's all I have for now. If you want more, I can make it up, but it'll probably have to keep for later.)

Last edited:

Requiem

Looks good, but what about family? Has he had children of his own over the years? Did he adopt any children of other races? What about friends? There are other long lived races, such as fairies. He could have family and friends still, despite his age.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I'll try and make a character this week. I think I'll go with a dullahan/rokurokubi based character in terms of physical attributes. Mostly because I still want to use the fairy thing for a CYOA story sometime.

Requiem

Aww, I was really digging the idea of a fairy.

Not that a dullahan wouldn't work, but I also like the idea of them being a harbinger of death and rare, so making them good aligned would be hard.

Requiem

But to explain that further, you can still do a dullahan, but you'll just have to keep the good alignment in mind.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Well I wasn't going to do a dullahan in the traditional sense, or a rokurokubi in the traditional sense. It's more just a creature with a human like appearance that can detach its head from its body.

Also I've been wanting to do a CYOA story since November-ish where the protagonist is a fairy. I want to save my ideas for that.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
By the way, how fast has this society advanced? For example how old would you be if you remembered a time before electricity?

Requiem

I'd like to avoid having too many extremely old characters. Average Joe's are good characters. That's said,

Generally this world advanced about as fast as ours. Maybe a little faster in certain areas due to magic, but overall, not blindingly fast.

Requiem

Your character would remember a time before electricity then, sure. Though magic is heavily used at the time as a source of power and energy. Electricity is just better than magic once the world finds a way to harness it properly. Magic eventually becomes an individual endeavor, rather than being used globally for power and the like.

TimTh33nchant3r

Looks good, but what about family? Has he had children of his own over the years? Did he adopt any children of other races? What about friends? There are other long lived races, such as fairies. He could have family and friends still, despite his age.
I gave this a little thought, but kind of couldn't decide when I was writing. I'll probably put something in at some point; just remind me again when I have a bit more free writing time on my hands.

Requiem

Sounds good to me, there's no rush since I'm a bit busy with the last week of school as it is. Post it when you're happy with it.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Name: Florina Fatum
Race: Dullahan*

Appearance: A tall woman who appears to be a regular human at first glance. Although she has lived much longer than the human lifespan would allow, she still has a body similar to a human in their twenties. Her pale body has a light build and looks a little frail. She has long black hair tied into a ponytail, and here is an inhuman gleam in her green eyes. She takes good care of her appearance and always makes sure to be clean. A majority of her clothes are simple and red.

Personality: Florina is a friendly but reclusive person. Her mind often wanders, and she can be vague or aloof without realizing it. She has a patient personality, and likes to do things slowly when possible. Sometimes a little too slow for those close to her. She becomes sleepy often and can doze off easily. Her outlook on life is both optimistic and relaxed. Florina is a little old fashioned in some aspects of her life. She had trouble adapting to modern technology. A kind person by nature, she is a pacifist and hates hurting others. She loves meeting new people and helping them. Although she does not hide that she is not human, she does not like to reveal how she can sever her head due to some bad memories.

History: Florina grew up in a town named Baciont. She had no knowledge of her parents, her earliest memories were of the orphanage that took her in. As a small child she was quiet and obedient. She would chat with the other children, but never made any friends. On numerous occasions the staff would find her wandering in the nearby forest or the cemetery surrounded by wildlife. When no one was around, she would take her head off and pretend to be a monster or a wizard. However, she was forbidden to go in the forest alone after she was spotted playing with wolves. Other than aging slower than normal she seemed like a normal human to others, and thought of herself as one too. She was a very sickly child, often for no apparent reason she would become weak.

One winter when Florina was thirteen, she gradually became more hungrier and weaker as time went on. Eventually it worsened to the point where she struggled to move on her bed. In a hungry daze she bit off a piece of the hand of a caretaker before she realized what she was doing. As her strength returned to her, she couldn't stop apologizing and crying. The caretaker hit her head in a panic, so hard that it flew off her neck. Yet her head kept crying. Everyone panicked as they saw the girl's head fly across the room. They called her a monster and discussed whether or not to lynch her. Florina picked up her head. She ran as fast as she could away from the town. Soldiers chased after her, but she managed to escape their wrath.

She travelled far away, doing small jobs and sometimes hunting to make ends meet. She settled down in a city in Riordan. After saving up enough money, she opened a small store. She would sell dolls and trinkets she made, and craft supplies. She made many friends over the years. Although many several have died, she still keeps contact with the ones long lived or young.

She presently lives in a humble house in the city. Happily living life at her own pace. Her shop is successful and she does well financially.

Magic: Bad luck – Florina has always been able to sense bad luck in her surroundings. With her power she can take the misfortune out of objects and living things into herself. The process takes a small amount of time and the bad luck does not negatively affect her. Once she has absorbed the bad luck she can slowly turn it into mana. There is no limit to how much she can absorb, but if she takes in too much some may leak out into her surroundings. The bad luck can be put into objects and people through touch or launched as projectiles. However, it is only luck and it is random if it will take effect at all and how severe it will be. In addition, her ability is limited to bad luck. If someone's misfortune is caused by their good luck she cannot do anything to take it away. Also, if someone only thinks they have bad luck, all she can do is try to change their mindset.

Misc.: From years spent hunting she has become an expert of sneaking. She is agile and quick, she fights well with knives and daggers. Hobbies include: making dolls, clothing and trinkets, gardening, and ballroom dancing.

Lives with her cat Socrates. Loves animals. Good at tossing watermelons.

Hates gold, and becomes slightly uncomfortable after seeing it. If she were to be attacked with a golden weapon it would likely be fatal.

*On Physiology: Although called one, Florina is not actually a dullahan. She is a human like creature that can take off her own her without any harm. Not knowing her parents, she doesn't know herself what she really is. She is magical in nature, and ages slow. Most food only gives her a fraction of the nutrients it would give a normal human. She has to eat any kind of meat on a regular basis to survive. If she goes too long (time depends on how much she last ate) without consuming meat she will start to weaken. However she can survive solely on a diet of flesh, no matter the creature it comes from. Even when her head is detached, she can still eat and drink like normal. In addition, blood and air still flow from and to her body. If the neck on the body is strangled, the head will not be able to breathe. The head and body can act independently, but the body can still only see from the head's eyes. Her body is a bit tougher than the average human, but not overly so.

I know that with my character's age it was before orphanages, but please suspend your disbelief. Also I was originally thinking about giving my character the power to clone heads and have them self-destruct, but I want to try and keep their powers simple. If you find anything wrong with my sheet just tell me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom