Guys, I need help...

Frilzer

Hey everyone. I know I extremely active as of late, but I've been having a real life problem that has been directly affecting it. Ive had a lot of distractions, in a way. Things have just gotten harder and harder. Im afraid that I have developed an addiction, and it sucks. Its been ruining my life. I only started a few months ago, but now I can't even sleep right because of it. I should have listened to my dad and not even touch it. But I have gone from having it occasionally to nearly every day, and then even multiple times a day. I am really embarrassed to have to confess this to you guys, but I figured that you all might be able to help me more than some of my friends and family. I really dont want them to find out about this. You all come from different walks of life though. I just need advice and help. Really dont know where else to turn to. But what Im addicted to is...

Tortillas.

Its sad and its wrong, I know. But I honestly cant understand why these things are not illegal. Its the most addicting thing Ive ever encountered in life. Even more addicting than Civ 4. And whats worse is that I was introduced to it as a child even! They sell it at stores here for petes sake! I can walk into any grocery store and get my hands on this stuff and no one asks questions except that one lady who wanted to know why i was buying 8 packs of them. Im really ashamed of that one too. But they go with everything, I kid you not.

I cant get off of them though. I have to have them daily now. Even when I tried to trash all of them, it was too easy to go to Taco Bell or some mexican restaurant and get more. Again, so easy! And its become like part of the culture here in Arizona because all of the Mexicans! Ive already lost one really good friend to these things. He really got me into it and regret everything. I always told myself "As long as you dont try to Corn ones, youll be ok." But I feel like I need more or something stronger, like the corn ones to satisfy my bodies craving. Im scared. I even got the recipe of how to make them, but I dont dare do it because of how dangerous it is. But the homemade ones are the best and its so tempting that I think Ill crack one day.

I know Im asking for help, but I also want to be a warning voice for all of you who havent tried these things yet. Dont. Its not worth it. It takes over you eating habits and ruins your health. I feel awful everyday and its the only thing that occupies my mind. I really dont know what to do with myself though. Ive never been in this situation. If anyone has been in a similar one, with any foods, please help.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Sounds real rough Frilzer. I can't say that I fully understand what it is like to go through addiction (although I think at many points I was borderline addicted to the internet and computer games), but I want to give you my support you if I can. I know that everything is easier said than done, but you have to find long lasting motivation to stop eating tortillas. I know this is easier said than done but try eating a tiny bit less everyday, when you get a craving try to find some sort of escapism from it like reading a book, or going to a walk without any tortillas. Also tell people close to you, if they really care about you they would want to help you out. Try to make promises to other people that you won't eat as many tortillas. Possibly go read other people's stories about addiction or philosophical stories and lessons that will motivate you to try and stop. My advice is probably really bad but just try and find a reason to eat one less tortilla today. It could be for your own well being, for you parents, to save time to do other things, for your waifu (jk jk sorry). Like I said it is impossible for me to know exactly what you are feeling right now, but the mindset you have is very important. To break a habit first you have to start/stop. For example last summer I had barely done any exercise in what was probably months. I found some motivation and now I am running three times a week. Sorry if what I am saying is really stupid and pointless, but best of luck trying to overcome this.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Homemade tortillas are hands down the best ever, so whatever you do don't make them yourself. Also stay away from those little family run taco stalls, because chances are they make them by hand too.

Walrus

I understand how you feel, Frilzer. I've had a similar experience. I overloaded on I love deep-throating huge cocks yum yum once. One day, Shadow posted this train simulator video and, curious, I clicked on it. I've been clicking on it ever since. Whenever I see it, I just have to. I've been trying to avoid the forums to stop myself from overloading again, but now Steam gives me ads about train simulator sales, and in my day to day life I have to walk by a train station. These experiences keep bringing me back to that video.

Oh no...Shadow made a post here...
*click*

Ibix

Me and Vance are brothers, and I cannot confirm nor deny this happened.

Top Bottom