Hobby Thread

Rondait

Video Games (Eve Online, Final Fantasy, or whatever shitty games my friends have me play) Board Games (Particularly Battlestar Galactica or Twilight Imperium), Table Top Games (Warhammer 40K, D&D/Pathfinder, Star Wars Armada...), Sim Racing, Go Karting, and hopefully within the year actual racing.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Video games and following the competitive CSGO scene. I've pretty much fallen off of watching and paying attention to NHL hockey, and it's been replaced by Counter-Strike.
Poor @The Hound . No one left to talk to about Canada Ball.

I work on a MOTHERFUCKING BATTLESHIP on weekends.
I forgot about that! You're a tour guide, right? That's actually the coolest side-job I think any of us has had.

With the obvious exception of Easy curing cancer in the lab when he's bored.

When I'm not at work, I do my other work. And sometimes I do other work while also at work-work. On that note, I think I'll actually have some meaningful updates for you guys soon regarding the game I've been working on. And I'll have a lot of work for @Null Hypothesis before too long as well.

Aside from that I play vidya, watch movies, read, hike, occasionally brew beer when Easy helps my crew prevent certain disaster, started streaming stuff on Twitch, sometimes play D&D with Null and some of our other friends, and I'm picking up tennis casually. Sadly my main tennis partner is moving away for several months, so I'll have to rope someone else into it.

We also have a sweet rock climbing gym nearby, but I don't want to pay for the yearly membership yet so I rarely go. If days of disposable income are in my future, I'm definitely getting a membership and going at least once a week.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I work. I sleep. I work again.

My hours are a bit tiring. I'm up at 5 AM, I get to Philly around 8. I start work at 9:30. I finish at 5:30. Get home around 7. I try to go to bed by 11 at the latest, so I have four hours tops. I've mostly been watching anime, reading manga, reading and writing for D&D, and post here.

When I was unemployed, I just applied for jobs for the majority of the afternoon, then would run D&D for folks, watch TC stream, read any manga that seemed interesting and would work out.

Nothing has really changed except that I have less time to spend leisurely.

TimTh33nchant3r

Watch your head though if you're average male height or taller.
He is not lying; just about every military vehicle I've been in is not designed with the big and tall in mind. I barely fit in the driver's compartment of the 1068, and always used to say it was designed by sadistic midgets because of all the metal corners in the fucking thing. I really pitied our supply guy though. Odom was 6'7".

Like Tirin, my main thing would be RPing. Oh and ERPing which I do quite a bit of. For games, the only thing I do on a consistent basis would be League. And I like to write, but I don't do it nearly as often as I should.
Does ERP stand for Erotic Role Play? cuz there's definitely not enough of that.
It does, and for God's sake keep it away from here.
I for some reason imagined Shizno Erping being something like "I lie there and take it; you got this," posted again and again at people. Y'know, because Shizno disease. Wonder if it's sexually communicable.
sounds like something I'd do yeah
Inb4 name change to Zircum.

I game when I can, but mostly just spend a bunch of time at work. Been trying to get back into mafia and hang with the community more. That's about it.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Everyone already knows / doesn't care about most of my hobbies at this point.

I obviously like to program things for fun, I get a lot of creative satisfaction from that, and it's often more about the process of doing it, then actually making something to sell or whatever. Most recently me/kat have been making a fan game for undertale using a new engine I made, because it's a short project, at least that was the idea. But 3 months in, and we've *almost* finished it, (although, I keep thinking of more things to add, but basically if I got bored of it tomorrow I could totally release it as-is) and I'm pretty happy with how that's turned out. Me and kat now have a pretty good fun-time-project working relationship, we've fallen into a reliable pipeline that actually reliably produces content in our spare time, which is much more stable then our traditional haphazard way of creating things, I guess it's because we've both become much, much better at what we do creatively.

Other then that I really enjoy playing D&D, board games etc with my real life friends, even if I'm a terrible DM these days due to my lackluster schedule caused by university work. (which is going really well btw, I'm yet to get less then 80% on an assignment, and I average a score of around 90-95%)

Vidya goes without saying, and really plays nicely with my love of programming, naturally undertale made me obsessed for a while, the most recent thing is probably enter the gungeon, which is so good man, it's the same addition I had for The binding of Isaac, which i'll totally grab afterbirth+ for when it comes out, and anything else Edmund makes..

I'm still really interested in server stuff, and online communities in general. I learned a long time ago that I'm certainly not the right person to run one, however, I'd love to be behind the scenes building things again some day. Especially since I've gained skills in javascript, php, html5, webgl in the last year or so, which would mean I could make something like that super awesome, and I love server-based communities, be it minecraft (I don't like that game anymore though..), a small mmo, or a small community like newgrounds or something, I love the real community feel of these places, making new friends, and knowing everyone. You don't get that as much these days, with mmos being too large, and social media killing off all the small forum communities. The closest you can get is small reddit communities.

I guess there's always here, but y'know, I'm not as welcome a face as I was once, melodrama, melodrama, bad management, red moon, bullshit etc.
But y'know. We can't change our mistakes, only learn from them, mature, move on, make something new.

But.. I guess I've written enough..

Side Note:
I haven't actually even looked at this website since January..
I kind of got convinced to look again by Walrus..

Requiem

Everyone already knows / doesn't care about most of my hobbies at this point.
Oh shut up, we care about your shit. Don't pull a Req.

I guess there's always here, but y'know, I'm not as welcome a face as I was once, melodrama, melodrama, bad management, red moon, bullshit etc.
But y'know. We can't change our mistakes, only learn from them, mature, move on, make something new.
You're just as welcome here as everyone else. The past is the past, random bullshit doesn't matter. We're glad to have you here.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Oh shut up, we care about your shit. Don't pull a Req.

You're just as welcome here as everyone else. The past is the past, random bullshit doesn't matter. We're glad to have you here.
Have an undertale-fan-game-we-are-making screenshot.

edit: probably a genuine undertale spoiler, be warned.
i194^cimgpsh_orig.png

Top Bottom