Active Jeroth RWBY Mafia [Day 3]

Walrus

@Anatronman I see you're online. I see that Easy has now placed me in the unfortunate position of 5 out of 6 votes. I see you can theoretically hammer me and I get the impression that you are interested in doing so. Please give me time to finish making what will probably be my last post. Should be done within the hour.

AndyM03

We're talking about the guy who roleclaimed SK while playing the SK, and on the last day - when there were only three Townies and no Mafia left in the game. Remember?
By mistake, to be fair ;)

Honestly I think Dunsparce and Easy are scum, could Anatron as well, but there was tension between him and Dunsparce so maybe not. Could just as easily be Walrus or Shizno. Gosh, Firedemons not even in this list anymore. Unlynch Firedemon.
And continuning on from Firedemons advice, I am going to move towards someone I think is scum now that as Easy said, this day has gotten real.
Dunsparce is quietly defending him by shifting his lynch to me. This is the moment where Danny flipping scum wins the game.
I understand this and sort of agree, but in the other way. I think Dunsparce knows Danny's made a bad play, knows he is town, and was trying to defend him even though the rest of the town had good odds of lynching Danny, making Dunsparce look a lot better for the next day.
Lynch Dunsparce.

AndyM03

Oh gosh I didn't even see we were so close to killing Walrus.
I will await Walrus' post then, but I still lean on Dunsparce.

Walrus

Welp, this is unfortunate. When the game had gotten into page 4 I was feeling pretty confident that I was in the clear and I could start focusing more confidently on scum hunting, but now I see that apparently refusing to believe in Firedemon's innocence after he made a post has triggered a second, fatal wave of mistrust. The best I can do right now is more thoroughly explain my reasoning in the hopes that it can be useful to the town.

FoS Firedemon + FoS Shizno + FoS Anatronman

Earlier in this day phase, I theorized that Firedemon, Shizno, and Anatronman were all scum buddies. As such, almost every accusatory I've made since my initial Shizno lynch on page 3 has been either directly against Firedemon/Shizno or more subtly against Anatronman (e.g. my post mentioning how I don't like the Danny and Andy lynches being suggested by Firedemon and Anatronman). When the Shizno lynch didn't pick up any momentum, I was really hoping to see Firedemon die as his flip would help me confirm/deny some of my suspicions here (and again, his wall post did nothing to convince me he was clean; a mafia member could have easily made the same points). Because it looks like I will be dying in place of one of these three suspects today, I feel that the best thing for me to do now is to prematurely convey the specifics of my case linking them together so that the town can at least consider it in the days to come (as this linking case isn't the strongest, I'd have preferred to keep it closer to my chest until more concrete evidence, such as Firedemon dying and flipping scum, presented itself).

#1 The Case Against Firedemon:
A mix of gut, your wall not doing anything to lift my suspicions, and your suggesting of an Andy lynch. I understand that lurking is not a necessarily scum play of yours but, even if it was, your mere return to post-making is not quite enough to clear you.
My posts of the last page are the core of my case against Firedemon. Basically, I thought he was a pretty ok lynch before he made his post and his post didn't convince me he was town. This is admittedly the weakest of my scum arguments, but, most importantly, I still valued him as a kill because I saw connections between him, Shizno, and Anatronman. Thus, I mainly wanted to see Firedemon die because, if he did flip scum, I would have more reason to suspect Shizno and Anatronman.

#2 The Case Against Shizno:
Anyways, thanks for the incredibly flip floppy "don't wanna kill Walrus but maybe we should kill Walrus" post. Definitely not scummy at all.
The case against Shizno started because I did not like the way Shizno was passively going with the flow and not making any novel pro-town moves of his own. Shizno has continued to emit this behavior, making yet another post where Shizno doesn't really know what to do and suggests maybe killing Walrus but maybe not killing Walrus.
And with Firedemon back and speaking again he does bring up some good points. And... admittedly, I'm kind've at a loss as to what to do...
Unlynch Firedemon
I guess Walrus would work as a lynch, but I'm not convinced that he'd be this far on my dick if he was mafia.
Shizno is linked to Firedemon through his earlier Day 1 behavior where Shizno semi-defended Firedemon by trying to propagate a Danny lynch instead (page 4).
Why Firedemon and not Danny? From what I can tel they've been about the same amount of active.
Eventually, after the page 5 Andy+Danny roleclaims and the building confirmed town steam against Firedemon, Shizno reluctantly threw their scum buddy under the bus and joined the Firedemon bandwagon because blindly following the confirmed town seemed like the towny thing to do. (my interpretation). Then, when Andy ended his pursuit against Firedemon on page 7, Shizno was quick to unlynch Firedemon, say they didn't know what to do, and blindly wait for Andyman's next suggestion. @AndyM03, if we can't agree that Shizno is scum, I hope that we can at least agree that Shizno's been loyally following your every move since the roleclaim, and it would be nice if Shizno did more than that.

#3: The Case Against Anatronman

Anatronman has given me some bad vibes with his aggressive all over the place behavior (then again, Anatronman's aggressive behavior always gives me bad vibes in games of Mafia), and I didn't like his Danny lynch. The case against Anatronman is one that has been backed up by Dunspare and Easy on page 6.
Unlynch Danny

Lynching Danny isn't going to clear Andy and Cyonica; I'd actually put more stock in them being scum again (not gonna make the gambler's fallacy). If you want to confirm all this, I'd say we should lynch one of them. But I don't think that, and I think the scummiest thing you can do right now is try to get one of the four *confirmed* townies lynched. On that basis, I think we should Lynch Anatronman.
The funny thing is, I actually kinda wanted to do that [Lynch Anatronman] myself. It's Anatron, though. I no longer trust even my own instincts on that matter.
My more unique perspective on Anatronman's guilt is that he has consistently been taking actions that put lynch pressure against anyone that isn't Firedemon. His first post after Andy proposed the Firedemon bandwagon and all the roleclaims happened
Well if the argument is that Dach, Cyon, Andy, and possibly Danny are confirmed, that immediately makes Easy and Dunsparce my top two and FoS Walrus for trying to lead a bandwagon while there are confirmed Townies.
As the Firedemon bandwagon continued to gain steam, he pivoted to attacking Danny while still maintaining a light attack on Easy.
I came here to lynch you when I saw Dach's post, you convinced me not to lynch you, and then you convinced me to lynch you again.

Lynch Danny

I'm weary of Easy's wall of death. I've seen him do it as Mafia, I've seen him do it as town. Good points as usual, but not to the point of putting him above suspicion.
And then, last page, he pivoted to more directly attacking me. Not once in all these pages has contributed to the cause of murdering Firedemon. If Firedemon is scum, I would be very suspicious of Anatron. I also have some minor support for Shizno being scum if Anatronman is scum. Namely, before the Firedemon bandwagon properly got under way, Anatronman expressed a desire to lynch somebody that wasn't among the active voices at the time (e.g. not me, Andy, or Shizno).
I don't feel confident lynching between the voices I'm hearing. There are a lot more players in this game than Walrus. Would be nice to hear from them before we do anything stupid.
---------------------------------------

Final Remarks: Personally, I was interested in seeing one of these three die today because I had a pet theory related to them as a group of scum buddies. If you all end up deciding on lynching me or somebody else not in my suspect group, that's fine. What I would suggest going forward is to mainly be more wary of Shizno and Anatronman. Firedemon is not quite as good of a lynch target as those two IMO but, if Firedemon does pop scum later, I would be more suspicious of Shizno and I would especially be more suspicious of Anatronman.

Hope that's helpful. Good luck, town.
- W., world's greatest Mayor.

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Walrus - 5( 13th, Daschande, Firedemon, Easy, Danny)
Danny - 1( Anatronman)
Shizno - 1 (Walrus)
Anatronman - 1 (Dunsparce)
Dunsparce - 1 (Andy)

6 Required to Lynch

Remaining votes: 2 (Cyonica, Shizno,)

Last edited:

Anatronman

refusing to believe in Firedemon's innocence after he made a post

Earlier in this day phase, I theorized that Firedemon, Shizno, and Anatronman were all scum buddies.

When the Shizno lynch didn't pick up any momentum, I was really hoping to see Firedemon die

Basically, I thought he was a pretty ok lynch before he made his post and his post didn't convince me he was town. This is admittedly the weakest of my scum arguments, but, most importantly, I still valued him as a kill because I saw connections between him, Shizno, and Anatronman.

Shizno is linked to Firedemon through his earlier Day 1 behavior where he semi-defended Firedemon by trying to propagate a Danny lynch instead (page 4).

Eventually, after the page 5 Andy+Danny roleclaims and the building confirmed town steam against Firedemon, Shizno reluctantly threw his scum buddy under the bus and joined the Firedemon bandwagon because blindly following the confirmed town seemed like the towny thing to do. (my interpretation).

If we can't agree that Shizno is scum, I hope that we can at least agree that he's been loyally following [Andy's] every move since the roleclaim, and it would be nice if he did more than that.

#3: The Case Against Anatronman

Anatronman has given me some bad vibes with his aggressive all over the place behavior (then again, Anatronman's aggressive behavior always gives me bad vibes in games of Mafia), and I didn't like his Danny lynch. The case against Anatronman is one that has been backed up by Dunspare and Easy on page 6.

My more unique perspective on Anatronman's guilt is that he has consistently been taking actions that put lynch pressure against anyone that isn't Firedemon.

If Firedemon is scum, I would be very suspicious of Anatron
I just completely disagree with your premise. I have not targeted Firedemon because I cannot understand why YOU are targeting Firedemon. Executioners don't go after a target with as little evidence as you've needed to run a bandwagon on a player that has barely made waves. Since FD has been on the chopping block, Andy and Danny have made serious moves to control the conversation and the pace of the game. In my posts, I saw no reason to beat your dead horse.

Firedemon lynches TC every game. Everyone reacts differently. The purpose (as you have argued) is to draw a response from the Mafia. Targeting FD for lynching TC and then basing your entire scum hunt around people who won't attack him with you is a bizarre choice and I don't see how it helps Town.

Shizno has not played well this game. You can add him to a long list. I am basing my lynches off of reads of players, and I don't see Shizno's play as being anywhere near as scummy as say, your own. Based on the number of players, I'd say there are a lot more scummy posts than there are Mafia members, so I'm picking my battles.

Lynch Walrus for hypocritically refusing to consider any of my lynches viable while pushing his own head-scratching position against someone else.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Wait... Jeroth, I'm like 90% sure that isn't right. Easy and Danny dropped lynch votes on Walrus in the last page.
You're right.

Walrus - 6( 13th, Daschande, Firedemon, Easy, Danny, Anatronman)
Shizno - 1 (Walrus)
Anatronman - 1 (Dunsparce)
Dunsparce - 1 (Andy)

6 Required to Lynch

Remaining votes: 2 (Cyonica, Shizno,)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Beacon Academy, 19:00.

In the Great Hall, students chattered behind their masks, enjoying the social event that worked as a brief reprieve from sparring and Professor Port's lessons on Grimm. Surprisingly, Ozpin had chosen to make an appearance at the event. A slight cough as the man fiddled with the microphone, gathering the attention of his beloved students and the unwanted attention of his hidden foes.

" It's not every day that friends are able to come together like this. Time has a way of testing our bonds, but it's nights like these that can help keep them stronger than ever. Nights like these are ones we'll never forget."

A familiar mug was brought to his lips as his words hung in the air, ushering a slow applause as the students were taken aback by his brief speech, expecting something more verbose. Ozpin gave a slight cough as his drink was grittier than expected until a sensation soon spread to his body. His expansive mind slowly fading as he collapsed on the stage.

Screams, shouts and panic ensued at the sight of the beloved Headmaster's fall. As the students fled to the doors, heavy steel sheets fell over the ancient wood. A matching set of sheets fell over the windows, leaving them trapped inside.

Their burning drive to survive kicked in as each student was quick to reach for their weapon - grasping at empty air. The social event had left them defenseless as they had to rely on their wit and charisma to out the traitor. Their gaze returned from their empty hips to the terrifying sight of doppelgängers. Everyone had the appearance of the late Ozpin - a sick semblance at work spinning deceit and confusion.

"Was it you!?"
"No! It wasn't me! I saw them though!"
"I wasn't anywhere near that mug!"
"I never mentioned the mug!"
"I actually saw them too!"
"No... It couldn't have been you?"

The group consensus fell upon one of them before they were held down, forced to drink out of the same mug that the late headmaster had drank. Coughing and sputtering, the Ozpin shimmered before them, revealing the true form. Loud gasps and shrill screams could be heard as tears fell forth from some of the Ozpins.

Walrus was...

Weiss Schnee (This would be white, but there's no highlighting)
Alignment: Team RWBY & Beacon
You are the heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, a prestigious company that allows for you to take advantage of their vast customer base. Once per night, you are capable of using your company to investigate a target, revealing whether they are a Beacon Student or an imposter.

Night 1 has begun.

Send in your night actions. The night will end:

Friday March 17 at 2:00 PM EST.

If no actions are chosen, then they are forfeited.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Beacon Academy 19:30

The power waned until it was pitch black. Some of the teams huddled together while others acted. When the power finally came on, it appeared there were two casualties.

Danny has died.

The body was battered and bruised beyond recognition. A semblance must have interfered with identifying the body.

Alignment: ?

Role: ?

Anatronman has died.

Emerald Sustrai
Team: Cinder
Using your semblance, you are capable of using your illusions to frame targets, making them appear as if they were at a scene of the crime. Once per night, choose a target to have their role appear as "Mafia" for anyone investigating that night.

Day 2 has begun.

5 is required to lynch.

AndyM03

I think Walrus made some really good points. I think Danny was probably town.
FoS Firedemon and Shizno.
I want to be suspicious of Easy but I think there was just enough tension between him and Anatron to put more faith in Walrus' views than mine.
I wonder if we have an SK or a Vigi.

Firedemon

So, that was interesting. I think it's safe to say that Danny was town. Since Anatron was anti-town, Danny almost certainly was killed by the mafia.

I'm feeling the shizno FoS for... Reasons. I'm not feeling the prior advocated investigative Andy lynch for... Similar reasons. Might say more about this soonish.

Shizno

Any particular reason for those FoS? Because if it's the Walrus stuff his entire reasoning was that if Firedemon's scum the chance of us being scum only increased. And most of the reasonings that he even brought up were flawed or just outright untrue, like be simply asking for reasonings for one lynch target over another for 'reluctance' instead of information.

He was right about the Anatronman being scum, but that doesn't mean everything else he said has to be right. Walrus more wants me to be mafia just to prove himself right which is hardly a townie play, and just outright lying about some things. As for Firedemon, I'm equally hesitant to believe that he's scummy because Walrus's point on him was mostly guilt by... what he considered to be 'association' which was nothing.

Dunsparce

It pretty much has to be one or both of you. Anatron went after me and Easy pretty hard, so I think we're more or less confirmed. 13th could be scum, but he hasn't done anything to make me suspicious.

I think there's a greater connection between Anatronman and Firedemon, but Shizno's post looks pretty shifty, too. Anatron said early on that we should lynch one of the inactives, but when FD was selected, he refused to jump on that bandwagon. It's worth mentioning that Shizno was among the active players that Anatron said shouldn't be lynched, but I think the connection with FD is stronger.

Lynch Firedemon

AndyM03

It pretty much has to be one or both of you. Anatron went after me and Easy pretty hard, so I think we're more or less confirmed. 13th could be scum, but he hasn't done anything to make me suspicious.

I think there's a greater connection between Anatronman and Firedemon, but Shizno's post looks pretty shifty, too. Anatron said early on that we should lynch one of the inactives, but when FD was selected, he refused to jump on that bandwagon. It's worth mentioning that Shizno was among the active players that Anatron said shouldn't be lynched, but I think the connection with FD is stronger.

Lynch Firedemon
but i went after you so haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard.
There was tension between Easy and Anatron but was there between you and Anatron? Thought you agreed a lot but idk. It's St. Patricks day so i'm fucked rn.
plz don't be mafia because I want Walrus to be right.

Shizno

Wuh? But friction between mafia members isn't unheard of, even if it's all just to make themselves seem more divisive and antagonistic.I wouldn't quite say such things put you in a good light. And even Easy is like the best mafia player here or something so I'm always cautious to say whether or not he's even town as he could pretty much play us all.

Turns out if you're aiming for inactives it only makes sense that the players active won't be on that list. Great job still trying to make connections where there are none. I'm still fairly certain that Firedemon is townie at this point and right now the best option for a lynch would be Dunsparce, who everyone seems to find scummy. Or from what I understand they do.

Lynch Dunsparce

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Eh, I got nothing. For now. Gotta look at this when I get off of work, see.

Cyonica

I reaaallly want 13th to make some posts... we're potentially missing a lot of information with someone not posting at all. I'd say the same about Dachande, even though I'm reasonably confident about him being town it would still be nice to hear some thoughts. It really doesn't do us any good having people completely outside of the conversation pool. I know 13th's busy, but if he's scum we won't be able to tell, and he could just be sitting back and watching us go off track.

In the absence of any more information, so far I'm.... honestly not sure. I've been suspicious of Dunsparce this whole game, but he kept trying to lynch Anatronman and vice versa. Maybe he was doing it to make them look disconnected, or maybe he's just town. There are a few posts he's made though that didn't make much sense to me from a town point of view. That being said, I've been suspicious of some of Shizno's very non-committal posts, and of Easy giving lots of theories on how the game might be working but not saying much about anyone in particular. My brain isn't working well enough tonight to go through and analyse everything further, but those are my thoughts for now.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Eh, I got nothing. For now. Gotta look at this when I get off of work, see.
Yeah... tomorrow. For real, this time.
That being said, I've been suspicious of some of Shizno's very non-committal posts, and of Easy giving lots of theories on how the game might be working but not saying much about anyone in particular.
Look, thing is: right now, all I've got is "Shizno's been making a lot more sense than usual, maybe this is actually his tryhard-deep-cover-scum mode. That was also what I thought about Walrus, and it turned out that was just his tryhard-deep-cover-power-Townie mode. Well... that kinda just is something that happens every now and then, as are wrong guesses and bad dice rolls in general. People get ultra super-duper suspicious when it happens to me, though, so... yeah. Quit tryin' to sound my thoughts out, bro; I'm not that Easy.

Top Bottom