Ended Jeroth's Overwatch Mafia [ Town Victory!]

Dunsparce

God damn it. We better have a roleblocker that's just blocking exactly the right guy every night, 'cause otherwise I'm not sure this even counts as a mafia game.

Well I took a beating last night haha. 182 damage, owie.
If it came to a non-round number like that, I'm willing to bet that at least one person who targeted you was Tirin. If I'm right, and he's the only guy who attacked you, he can deal 140 damage on his own.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Well I took a beating last night haha. 182 damage, owie.
If it came to a non-round number like that, I'm willing to bet that at least one person who targeted you was Tirin. If I'm right, and he's the only guy who attacked you, he can deal 140 damage on his own.
So... you're pinning blame on me because, as somebody who evidently has insider knowledge on the damage dealt to Andy last night, you know that at least one other person dealt damage to him? Pretty weak connection there, but it doesn't matter to me. I've got some tasty, tasty info: you're wrong. I targeted Req last night, and through the jigs and the reels found out that he targeted Andy.

So, unless some townie comes forward to say "I also targeted Andy with a damaging move", you best back yourself up @Requiem, 'cause it's between you and Dunsparce for most likely scum players.

Dunsparce

That isn't even remotely close to the point I was trying to make, and I really have no idea how you interpreted it the way you did. I'm trying to confirm my alignment to you by saying that I boosted the damage you dealt by 30%. Get it?

140 X 1.3 = 182

Of course, that math only works if just one person attacked him, and since I have no idea if it's even possible to calculate it otherwise, I took a leap of faith that only one person attacked him for that calculation. I'm not trying to say that he definitely got attacked by someone else. There's also the fact It's pretty likely that you would attack Andy, since he's a scummy motherfucker, and he's been on your ass the whole game. Why do I have to spell this out to you?

Also, as scummy as Req has been so far, I really don't see how attacking someone proves his guilt, especially when the guy he shot at was as scummy as Andy.

Dunsparce

Sorry, rereading my post, I can understand how what I said was unclear. I'm just paranoid about getting GM killed for roleclaiming.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
God damn it. We better have a roleblocker that's just blocking exactly the right guy every night, 'cause otherwise I'm not sure this even counts as a mafia game.
Well, I blocked some damage to myself last night and got some lovely buff value from it. But that's not roleblocking, and I'm not sure a roleblocker ability would even generally block attacks this game. And Riyant did say he was hesitant to even call it Mafia.

Also, dammit, had to get back to work before I could finish telling you not to elaborate on that. Cause I'd figured it out myself, see. And cause figuring out what role you have is easy now.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That isn't even remotely close to the point I was trying to make, and I really have no idea how you interpreted it the way you did. I'm trying to confirm my alignment to you by saying that I boosted the damage you dealt by 30%. Get it?
Yeah, woulda been pretty great if... y'know, I had dealt damage to Andy and your assumption made any sense in that regard. Nice one.

Of course, that math only works if just one person attacked him, and since I have no idea if it's even possible to calculate it otherwise, I took a leap of faith that only one person attacked him for that calculation. I'm not trying to say that he definitely got attacked by someone else.
Well, right now it's looking like either it was Req alone or Req and somebody else. Since I got healed and damage to Andy was apparently boosted last night (as well as, according to you, the damage I deal), I'm inclined to guess there's a Zenyatta and that you're Mercy. Big surprise on the latter, with all the stroking you've been doing.

There's also the fact It's pretty likely that you would attack Andy, since he's a scummy motherfucker, and he's been on your ass the whole game. Why do I have to spell this out to you?
"Pretty likely" and "fact" don't really go together, and your ability to read who I'm gonna target sucks. Next question, preferably less sarcastic?

Also, as scummy as Req has been so far, I really don't see how attacking someone proves his guilt, especially when the guy he shot at was as scummy as Andy.
Well, it implies that he's one of the people who would've been responsible for dealing that much damage to Andy, so... that's a start, genius. If he's the only one who targeted Andy (which I'm not sure of), then he's most likely scum for the sheer amount of damage he dealt. I don't think Andy's gonna pull a number like 182 out of his ass.

However, since Easy appears to be Zarya, you're "claiming" Mercy, and I know Anatron's consistently been targeting townies who haven't been complaining of damage, to me it's between Andy, FD, and Req. That knowledge, coupled with "Req targeted Andy last night and Andy took a bajillion damage" leads me to believe that he's Reaper and FD is Zen, or vice versa - though it could still be the case that Andy is Reaper and just sucks at getting damage off.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
"FD = Zen" theory can't work unless Zen in this game does as much attack damage as Soldier.

If Req Genji-deflected my shit at Andy last night, (which shouldn't be possible by Overwatch rules, but I suppose could be a possibility in this Mafia* game), that could potentially account for the amount of damage he received. But even in a game where my own protection ability has no real cooldown, being more akin to just standard Doctor role in standard Mafia, I have some difficulty coming to grips with the idea of Genji deflection not having one.

...well, I did have some difficulty with that, actually, until I realized that this would just be an enhanced Bus Driver role in effect, just as my role is something of an enhanced Doc.

The main problem with this hypothesis is that this would mean Tirin's tracking actually showed Andy shooting himself last night. Andy, did you attack Req?

Tirin, what did you do Night 1?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
"FD = Zen" theory can't work unless Zen in this game does as much attack damage as Soldier.

The main problem with this hypothesis is that this would mean Tirin's tracking actually showed Andy shooting himself last night. Andy, did you attack Req?

Tirin, what did you do Night 1?
Your turn: You track?
Gotteeeeee. No damage, though.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
And your findings?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Irrelevant to today; suffice it to say that they prompted me to ask if you were a bus driver and reinforced Anatron's townie claim.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Actually, I'd like some confirmation on the tracking. Who'd you target, and who'd they target?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Is that not obvious? I targeted you, who targeted Req and I - hence asking about bus driving.

AndyM03

To be completely honest, I shot Easy. Reasons being mainly I assumed we'd lynch Dunsparce/Req today (unless some crazy stuff happened in the night). In case we were wrong I thought i'd soften someone unconventional up.
Before I hear "Andy you cuckerino dingus, Easy was after Coolpool all day yesterday" If scum was to ever throw their team mate under their bus, Coolpools situation made it super easy, and kind of beneficial, to do so.

That being said, reading Easy's posts today, yeah I'd probably bet on him being honest about being Zarya at this point, and I probably should have came to that conclusion earlier.

Req, you've shot me right through the heart. You're giving love a bad name. At least I buffed Easy (by accident).

I'm curious as to how Easy blocked damage and did some bus driving/anything that selects two players? I guess the bubble shield could last two nights but that sounds super strong.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm curious as to how Easy blocked damage and did some bus driving/anything that selects two players? I guess the bubble shield could last two nights but that sounds super strong.
I suspect it's Zarya's right-click - you know, the little AoE bomb thing. I thought he could've been Orisa or Roadhog and done some bus-driving shit, and the former could at least justify a multi-target way of doing so. Roadhog, in retrospect, maybe not so much.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Is that not obvious? I targeted you, who targeted Req and I - hence asking about bus driving.
And nobody else? You're certain? Double-check that for me real quick, please.

@AndyM03 you cuckerino dingus, did you shoot Req last night? And who said I drove buses of any kind?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm dead certain. The PM says you targeted both Req and I, and mentions nobody else other than who targeted you (other than me, which is a given).

If you targeted yourself, then perhaps it doesn't mention that. If you targeted anybody else, I don't know why it wouldn't show up.

AndyM03

And nobody else? You're certain? Double-check that for me real quick, please.

@AndyM03 you cuckerino dingus, did you shoot Req last night? And who said I drove buses of any kind?
I shot you mate, sorry haha. I was going of Tirin's theory regarding the bus.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Wouldn't necessarily preclude shooting Req; could have an AoE like me, or a dedicated damage ability like TC. But, fair enough. If bus driving was the explanation for last night's shenanigans, then it would have showed Req as targeting me on the tracker.
I'm dead certain. The PM says you targeted both Req and I, and mentions nobody else other than who targeted you (other than me, which is a given).

If you targeted yourself, then perhaps it doesn't mention that. If you targeted anybody else, I don't know why it wouldn't show up.
Alright, yeah, that checks out. Turns out protecting myself isn't a targeted ability, just an activated one - protecting other people is a separate, targeted ability. But I figured you wouldn't know that.

This doesn't confirm you Town, of course. For one thing, of the top three (remaining) Overwatch characters I can think of a way to apply that kind of ability to, one's firmly anti-Town and the second is super ambiguous. But at least the tracking part seems legit for N1, although it doesn't appear to make any sense at all for N2...

Top Bottom